associated or losi 4wd

Old 10-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default associated or losi 4wd

Wanting to get a 4wd SCT. Wondering what holds up better and which is the easiest to drive. also curious if anyone knows how dependable the belt drive is on the associated. Not counting out other brands those are just the ones I have looked so far. If you are a fan of another brand state your case. Let the battle begin!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I did something similar a while back. The consensus is flip a coin.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nebraska...-vs-ae-go.html
Old 10-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am debating the same thing myself. The losi seems more planted being a little heavier and uses metric hardware. The sc10 4x4 is a little harder to fit the 550 size motors in. I have to say all in all its a toss up but to me the losi wins out for me.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The question should be Tekno or TLR. Associated make good stuff, but their 4wd SCT isn't high on the list.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

TLR for the local support, Tekno for the...newness?
Old 10-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Regional Moderator

I've driven both. They are both awesome. My SCTE 2.0 is super dialed, though. Like, really good.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 145 (100%+)

My vote is by far with TLR. My friend and I have raced together for a while and he was racing the AE truck and I have always been with the TLR SCTE and I loved mine and he loved his. I convinced him to try my TLR and he instantly sold his and bought an SCTE. I got the SCTE 2.0 and freaking love it.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 145 (100%+)

Did I also mention I have yet to break a single part on it and I have been racing the 1.0 for 2 years and the 2.0 now for a year?
Old 10-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have no idea if this comment will apply to SCT or not but this is a reply I received a couple weeks ago regarding an AE B4.2 vs a TLR 22-2 question I posted. The gist seems to be AE if you're a more advanced driver who can hit his lines, TLR if you're not. (Note: Pro level excludes this theory, yes I'm talking about you Alex.)

Just figured I would send you a PM instead of starting a war on RC tech when I seen your post.

I purchased the 22 and 22T new upon release. We race on a semi technical 35x75 indoor clay track. I ran the 22 all winter always chasing set ups and fighting with the car. Could never keep a balance between weight and traction. Finally decided to try the B4.2

Loved the B4.2 because of how nimble and quick in the corners it is, Took about .8 sec off my laptimes and on a small track that was huge. Durability was never a issue. I broke 1 rear tower all summer, but I do not over drive the buggy also. In the back of my mind I always missed how the 22 felt more planted and easier to drive. It was hard to explain the B4.2 felt like it could be drove faster but you had to be on your toes. You could not relax as much pushing the car harder.

After watching the video of the changes on the new 22 2.0 and Frank Root explaining what some of the original issues was with the balance of the car and jacking effect it made sense. I was pretty impressed and ordered a 2.0

I am 3 races in and love this buggy (2.0), the diff and the shock improvements are huge. With the right tire choice the box stock set up had plenty of steering and traction. Its a great balance and a easy car to drive. I just feel like I can throw the car into the corners and it just sticks. It wants more LOL

I find myself more relaxed and able to drive the 22 2.0 more stable and consistent than my b4.2 though the b4.2 still feels like a faster buggy if you can hit your line every time.

Just my thoughts.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I don't race this class, but I do marshal these races. From an observer standpoint, I would agree with Alex the question should be Tekno or Losi. The Tekno looks pretty dominant at our track, but could be just who's driving what.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds like I need to check out tekno. What's the product support like for tekno at the Plex? Are parts readily available?
Old 10-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Regional Moderator

Yes.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've driven both the Tekno and an upgraded SCTE 1.0. The Tekno is definitely the better truck of those two, in my opinion. The SCTE 2.0's I've seen look quicker and more nimble than the 1.0's, but without having driven one I can't say for sure if its better than the Tekno.

One advantage that the SCTE 2.0 might have over the Tekno is jumping. The Tekno has a tendency to nose dive a lot harder than the SCTE when you get off the throttle. But, I haven't seen any truck that looks as quick and hooked up through the corners as the Tekno, particularly in low speed, hairpin type corners.

Both trucks appear to be very durable.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I had a scte 2.0 and really liked the truck. A few guys have driven it and then bought one. After getting the tekno buggy I decided to sell the scte and get the tekno sct410 because they share a lot of the same parts and they will probably drive the same. I feel the the tekno fits my drive style better then the losi. I feel that I can drive it smoother and faster then the losi. In the last summer series race I finished higher then I ever did all summer with the losi. They are both good trucks and I suggest try driving them before you buy. You can drive my tekno anytime you want.