stock SCT

Old 09-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default stock SCT

Going to run my SC10 in the stock class. Using the club Novak system I need some suggestions how to gear it.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey Chris,

If you go to the 2013 Summer Series at the Plex Thread, on Page 8 Don built a nice spread sheet for Final Drive ratios. It is for Short Course Buggy but would also be a great tool for your project.

Pick a starting point (pinion/spur combo) and take a temp gun to the track with ya. Then run a few minutes at a time and determine your ratio based on temps and not advise. What works for another guy may not be dialed for you. Then you can maximize the Final drive ratio based on what your equipment will tolerate. If its me I am running the ol Novak Club up to 160F and run it!.

PV
Old 09-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Pat is correct. I would pick a gearing that has a Final Drive ratio in the 8.0 to 8.5 range and go from there, main thing is to keep temp down. Alex always says coming off a 5 or 6 minute run at 160 degrees is perfect. I personally like to keep it below that just to make the electronics last a little longer, but like Pat said, run what you are comfortable with.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

One thing I would advise is don't run any endbell timing. The club esc doesn't like it and will heat up fast. I run that system in my Trf 201 buggy and had the timing up on the motor. The motor temp was 143 and the esc went into thermal protection after about 4 min temped out at 182 when it shut down.