R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nebraska/Iowa Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nebraska-iowa-racing-76/)
-   -   1/8 E-buggy recommendations (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nebraska-iowa-racing/744236-1-8-e-buggy-recommendations.html)

TeamNuts 07-14-2013 03:58 PM

1/8 E-buggy recommendations

Hey guys-

After several months away, I am getting the itch to get back into things and for various reasons I want to try 1/8th scale electric.

What's important to me in descending order:
-Durability
-easy to drive out of the box (i don't like to do a ton of mods or adjusting)
-how easy it is to work on (chassis layout)
-does alex carry parts for it

I've done a butt-load of research and have narrowed it down to these:
-serpent cobra be rtr
-kyosho inferno VE rtr
-Associated 8.2 rtr

I'm really leaning towards the serpent but not sure if alex has parts for those on hand in the highly likely event that I lawn-dart a landing.

Any thoughts?

Also, what tires are you guys running on the 1/8 e buggies and does anybody really run 6s batteries as the rules allow?

Thanks as always for your advice. See you guys soon?

egobrkr 07-14-2013 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by TeamNuts (Post 12347559)
Hey guys-

After several months away, I am getting the itch to get back into things and for various reasons I want to try 1/8th scale electric.

-Durability

-serpent cobra be rtr
-kyosho inferno VE rtr
-Associated 8.2 rtr

I'm really leaning towards the serpent but not sure if alex has parts for those on hand in the highly likely event that I lawn-dart a landing.

Any thoughts?

Also, what tires are you guys running on the 1/8 e buggies and does anybody really run 6s batteries as the rules allow?

Welcome back! The serpent and the kyosho are very good buggies. I have not seen any serpent parts at hobbytown but that does not mean there are none. I know they carry some kyosho parts. There are tons of Associated parts there. As far as help on setups the associated would have more info out there but there are a few guys that run the kyosho that could help you. Any of them would be a good choice. I like losi myself (see my sig lol). Hope to see you at the track soon!

evader-fan-69 07-14-2013 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by TeamNuts (Post 12347559)
Hey guys-

-Durability

-serpent cobra be rtr
-kyosho inferno VE rtr
-Associated 8.2 rtr

Any thoughts?

No, we run 4 cells. I have a kyosho I'd sell ya cheep, and it would come with a parts chassis. Pm me

scorpion51503 07-14-2013 08:56 PM

Out of the box i would say the tekno eb48 handles the best and is very durable