need radio addvise

Old 02-27-2013, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default need radio addvise

Ok so i am going to run stock buggy and scb and need help deciding on a radio. I have a 3pmx futaba fasst that i use in my 5b i would use that but the r603ff rx are $90 each. I have 3 sr300 rx but every specktrum radio i have ever had dx2.0 and dx3e have had range issues in the past. Also have the flysky gt3b radio but the res seems to slow for fast servos

So what should i do, get 2 fasst rx, dx2s(cant swing a dx3rl right now) or any other suggestions for a radio? Budget is really $140 max with model mem and 2 rx's.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Check out the Airtronics MX-V. My son has been using one for about a year and it works great. You are more than welcome to stop buy and check it out some Friday night at the track.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bhilly82 View Post
Ok so i am going to run stock buggy and scb and need help deciding on a radio. I have a 3pmx futaba fasst that i use in my 5b i would use that but the r603ff rx are $90 each. I have 3 sr300 rx but every specktrum radio i have ever had dx2.0 and dx3e have had range issues in the past. Also have the flysky gt3b radio but the res seems to slow for fast servos

So what should i do, get 2 fasst rx, dx2s(cant swing a dx3rl right now) or any other suggestions for a radio? Budget is really $140 max with model mem and 2 rx's.
What kind of strange Spektrum issues have you experienced? Brown-out or electric discharge related?

I use a Spektrum DX3R Pro with Spektrum SR3520 on my 1/8 electric buggy with good results. Just need to make sure the Spektrum rx sees more than 3.5V at any given time.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Starter box View Post
What kind of strange Spektrum issues have you experienced? Brown-out or electric discharge related?

I use a Spektrum DX3R Pro with Spektrum SR3520 on my 1/8 electric buggy with good results. Just need to make sure the Spektrum rx sees more than 3.5V at any given time.
Well the only real problem was with the dx2.0 i have. It would losse control at about 75 feet, but the real problem was it wouldn't kick in the fail safe and would just keep doing whatever it was doing before it lost control. Totaled a Xray nt18mt do to that problem. Fail safe was programed to give it full brake and no steering. But it never seemed to work.

I think i am going to give the dx2s a try since my dx3e hasn't had really and problems on my nitro Monster gt since it gets battery power direct. Plus I have 3 rx's for it right now. I just hope i don't have problems with the 3300t rx that i read some people have problems with it.