Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Nebraska/Iowa Racing
Hobbyplex off-road fall/winter 2012/13 >

Hobbyplex off-road fall/winter 2012/13

Hobbyplex off-road fall/winter 2012/13

Old 08-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

We make 5 dollars on every personal transponder. That's a 5-percent mark up. Out of all the stuff we sell, personal transponders are the best deal in the entire store.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 17.5 SC Class

I would like to see a 2wd 17.5 SC Class. I have spoken to others that would also run the 17.5 class. I think there would easily be plenty of interest to support a 17.5 class. It would also give you the option to tun your 2wd SC truck in two classes.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by FroBoy View Post
We make 5 dollars on every personal transponder. That's a 5-percent mark up. Out of all the stuff we sell, personal transponders are the best deal in the entire store.
now I know.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What about requiring personal transponders in every class but Plex spec. Since most beginners start in Plex Spec this rule to me makes alot of sense to me. If you have moved up from plex spec chances are your hear to stay so it would be a great investment. I really like the sunday racing, finally i will be able to make it.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:34 AM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You're right, its a good investment. But it would be hard to require everyone to have their own transponder. I believe people get them in time just for convenience, but its often hard to budget in $100 when you also need tires, a motor, etc. I finally have one for my daughter and one for myself, but still need a third one. I don't like to swap them between chassis when running back to back classes since it takes longer than it does to simply grab a house transponder.

What we do mostly is help each other out. After someone finishes a race, one of us runs over, gets the truck, takes the transponder back, then takes the truck to the pit area while the racer is heading out to marshal. If the person is racing the next race, we'll have their truck ready for 'em after they're done marshalling.

But, I agree...PTs are much more convenient for everyone. I'll have the third one soon
Old 08-28-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cueball22 View Post
I would like to see a 2wd 17.5 SC Class. I have spoken to others that would also run the 17.5 class. I think there would easily be plenty of interest to support a 17.5 class. It would also give you the option to tun your 2wd SC truck in two classes.

I love the idea of more stock classes to give people something to move up to after Plexspec.

However, I am already faced with cutting back on racing so my sons aren't Zombies during Saturday morning activities. So anything that would add classes would be a problem for us.

Honestly, I think a large portion of the Pro2 class would be FASTER with a 17.5 anyway. Especially on slick nights. I don't know that it would really effect finishing orders that much. It would make the closing rates a little easier to manage in a 17.5 only race.

Part of me likes the idea that with open motor rules and a large turnout the mains sort themselves out by speed anyway and everyone gets a competitive race.

Along those lines, how about a rule that someone has 4 wins in Plex they bump up to the other classes? Sometimes I think the Plex winner would have had quite a run in another class!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Regional Moderator

Having a bump rule for plex spec is a solid idea. I know I've seen this in other forms of racing.

However, I would not make it a solid rule but up to the discretion of the race director. You wouldn't want to bump somebody up after they won some races because the faster guys were not there a few nights.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Moving out of plex is at my discretion. You can usually tell pretty easy. If somebody starts dominating by a wide margin I usually give another week or two just to be sure.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:38 PM

Moving out of plex is at my discretion. You can usually tell pretty easy. If somebody starts dominating by a wide margin I usually give another week or two just to be sure.
I am sure there were some nights that you considered putting me BACK into PlexSpec
Old 08-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Regional Moderator

Works for me.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Regional Moderator

Heads up!

We added an October date to the electric only Sundays!

October 21st
Old 09-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Ok, I have an idea. Most of my great ideas happen to come about from when I'm really tired, so here it goes.

I'm thinking about splitting up Pro-4, E-buggy and truggy and adding a Saturday race night.

Plexspec would be available on both nights.

This would be beneficial in a couple ways. First, (and probably the most important) race nights would not be near as long.

Second, it would let us have room to grow all of those classes.

If we can keep Fridays, and eventually Saturdays, to a couple hours of racing per round, I think we'll suffer a lot less potential burn out from the long nights and more people will want to race.

The reason why I'm thinking Pro-4, E-buggy and E-Truggy is because the great group of racers that we have for those classes pretty much only race those classes. I also feel bad for making them stay the latest. lol.

But, I also don't want a situation where all those racers can't make it on Saturdays.

Thoughts?

Last edited by FroBoy; 09-30-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:57 PM

I love any ideas that add another night of racing to our schedule But, I admit, I am tired too and not sure if I follow. Would Friday's still include Pro-4? In my case, running Pro-2 and Christine running Pro-4, it would be hard sometimes to make both nights. But then again, we wouldn't have to work so hard to make Tuesdays (as long as SCB was running on Friday or Saturday). Its not a big deal either way, we now have two Pro-2 trucks and two Pro-4 trucks, so we could both run either class on whatever night works best.

Just tossing this out there, but another possibility is maybe making Saturdays the "big night" and start a bit earlier...say around 3:00?
Old 09-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Regional Moderator

Under this plan, Pro-4 would only be on Saturday nights along with E-buggy, E-truggy and Plexpec. We could add SCB to Saturdays, but on Fridays the whole point is to eliminate some classes not add them.

Also, keep in mind, if you race both nights you'll be allowed to purchase all of the race entries at one time, so multi-car and family discounts still apply.

The problem with starting earlier than 6 on Saturdays is that Dirt Oval racing usually doesn't get over with until 4 or so and then I have to change the track back and allow for some practice before we start.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
I love any ideas that add another night of racing to our schedule But, I admit, I am tired too and not sure if I follow. Would Friday's still include Pro-4? In my case, running Pro-2 and Christine running Pro-4, it would be hard sometimes to make both nights. But then again, we wouldn't have to work so hard to make Tuesdays (as long as SCB was running on Friday or Saturday). Its not a big deal either way, we now have two Pro-2 trucks and two Pro-4 trucks, so we could both run either class on whatever night works best.

Just tossing this out there, but another possibility is maybe making Saturdays the "big night" and start a bit earlier...say around 3:00?
Starting at 3 on Saturdays might interfere with the oval guys.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.