Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Nebraska/Iowa Racing
Lincoln On Road racing questions >

Lincoln On Road racing questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lincoln On Road racing questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Lincoln On Road racing questions

Friend of mine is interested in being a part of the on road course but has some questions. He can see some of the classes, but is there a list showing the classes, and what is allowed in each class? He is mostly interested in someone electric and possibly the f1 class.
Thanks.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:05 AM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Regrettably, I haven't been to Lincoln yet. We're about to remedy that really soon though!

Here in Omaha, we are starting a UF1 series this coming Sunday. We will be racing F1 cars along with our VTA class cars in between rounds. Tim and Z have discussed the possibility of mixing Lincoln/Omaha into a combined series...racing in Lincoln one month, Omaha the next. It might be something your buddy would be interested in getting into
Old 08-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Initiate

And it is. I've just recently got into the RC car "scene." Started with a 4x4 Slash and upgrading that. But I just don't know much all together about the rc cars. I posted in the UF1 thread. Hoping to get enough information to go ahead and order a car and parts as needed from there.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toom1h
And it is. I've just recently got into the RC car "scene." Started with a 4x4 Slash and upgrading that. But I just don't know much all together about the rc cars. I posted in the UF1 thread. Hoping to get enough information to go ahead and order a car and parts as needed from there.
If you want a cheep chassis to get into inroad racing I have a tc4 that's great as a starter chassis for vintage trans am series in Omaha.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by evader-fan-69
If you want a cheep chassis to get into inroad racing I have a tc4 that's great as a starter chassis for vintage trans am series in Omaha.
I appreciate the offer, I'm pretty interested in the UF1 series and I'm actually going to be picking up a F104w from a guy on the board. Good luck with your sale though! Sorry.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Z
Tech Master

What we mostly race in Lincoln on the asphalt is Nitro Sedan and GT8. We do sometimes have Electric Sedan with 13.5 motors and Blinky mode speed controls.

As stated above, we hope to have a few F1 races as part of the new UF1 series in Omaha. Not sure yet what those dates might be.

Come on out on a sat evening and see whats going on.

Z
Old 08-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Definitely. I'll be coming out this Saturday to watch. And yeah I probably won't be making much trips to Omaha, but would join in for the uf1 events in Lincoln as they come and possibly look into joining other classes.
I'm way behind in the experience department so it'll probably be awhile before I actually start joining racing you guys haha.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Is there a decent class for me to throw my Sprint 2 into? Currently I'm just running a 15t motor and factory esc.