Community
Wiki Posts
Search

State Fair Race

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It would be a shame if we couldn't get a race at the State Fair (not putting down the track elsewhere) just that it would be a tremendous way to get a lot of exposure in front of a bunch of people for RC Racing in the area.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If the State Fair Races were to be held AT the State Fair Grounds, that would involve the following:

Friday Day - Haul in dirt/clay and completely build a track - Build a temporary drivers stand - bring in grand stands for seating - Have electricity and water made available - Fence in or Rope off entire track

Saturday - Registrations, time trials , heat races, and features

Sunday - Completely tear everything down and haul it out of the fair grounds.

I'm not worried about the Saturday! The problem lies where as our local HELP does not want to help set this up. We are basically down to 4 people saying that they would be willing to take off work for a day to build this. However, for just 4 people this is a HUGE task. If more people would have shown a little more interest and offered a little more help, I'm sure that having the races ON the State Fair Grounds would have been possible. So if there were to be ANY State Fair Races at this point, it would have to be at our NESCAR club track in Ashley Park. That is unless all you out of towners want to come down here and help for 3 days in a row to make sure it's at the Fair Grounds?
Old 08-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You have a point about how much work it would take and it seems you do have a limited amount of people to help you due to the area. Too bad the State Fair left Lincoln, you'd have a much larger pool of people that might have been able to help, but that's another subject. Like I said earlier though, it would be a great way to show off our hobby to a large mass of people. Maybe the Omaha Lincoln groups could possibly form some type of committee in which we could pre build the necessary stands and have equipment available to possible form a county and state fair circuit?
Old 08-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

OK since everyone wants some answers I will say we will have a event during the state fair at ashley park and. Will be on a Saturday night if this is good please post
Old 08-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

works for me
Old 08-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That sounds good thanks for letting
everyone know.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

With the Big Bills $$ race in Illinois out for me this year I have this weekend open.

Late models still running 13.5 blinky with open tires? What tires normally work other than round black ones with tread? LOL

Sprints?? What motors, what tires?

Street stock is the SpeedPassion 21.5 systems only? Ifmar Studs rear only?
Old 08-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Latemodel 13.5 Blinky. Most everyone is running Studs but have seen Goose Bumps and Calibers work also. Later in the evening when the track gets blown off I think a smaller pin tire might work well but nobody here has tried that yet.

Sprint Josh is the only one with a sprint here so this class will be dependent on the out of towners. Motor will be open. Tires??? I would assume similar to the late models.

Street Stock Have to let Al answer the motor question. Our tire rule is lifted for this race so it will be open. Mine will be running on Studs.

Front tires are mostly ribs. I am using Groovy's (green) on my late model and 7204 (red) on the street stock.

There is a little information about this race on our facebook page also.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Addict

honestly all the tires i have tried i have got the studs to work the best on everything.
any tire choice in street stock im not 100% on motor rules as far as weather it has to be speed passion or not
Old 08-08-2012, 07:02 AM
Tech Addict

figured id post this tel something else gets posted
KING OF THE HILL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Sept 1,2012 at 5pm
Will grill out and have trophies for top 3 positions
Classes
Street Stock 21.5 (no tire rule)
Latemodel 13.5 (Blinkey)
Short Coarse (Modified)
Sprint Car(if enough show up)
BMod 17.5 (Blinkey)
Please register under role call so i know on trphies to be made in the bmods and sprint cars
$15.00 first car $10.00 second car there will be a cash pot for this race in some classes and will be divided 3 ways $5.00 a car