Nebraska UF1 Series!!

Old 06-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

It looks like we'll shoot for August 19th for the first official Sunday!!

So, start getting those F1s ready!! I will have the track prepped and ready on June 24th as a test-n-tune day for anyone ready to go and, of course, a Wednesday class will get started once we get the cars out. We also need to figure out, once a bunch get cars going, when we can get down to Lincoln on a Saturday night.

We'll go with the UF1 rules with the exception of allowing both foam and rubber tires to start and see how it works. I would also note that there is a 190mm width limit which would exclude F104W chassis. For those with the W chassis, you'll be fine to start, just something to update as we move forward.

Just have to figure out how the UF1 works the pit stops and how we should structure our driver and team points. More to come!!

Tim Ski
Old 06-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Questions??

Just thinking about going to Lincoln.

I've got June 23rd & July 21st on my calendar for regular Saturday night racing and I plan on going to the next three HOA races. I'll ask Z if maybe we could run on Saturday night after the qualifiers & practice on the June & July HOA weekends and, we could possibly also run the August HOA as that is a ROAR regional. I'll check with Z and see what we can figure out.

I guess first off would be to see if anyone is interested and which dates?

Let me know,

Tim Ski
Old 06-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This may sound silly but don't worry about the W. It does not matter what they drive as long as they are racing. We have peeps that still have 102's that will kick butts out there. Old duratrax, Cross, 103's F109, RGX, 104's run together since it all comes down to setup and driver skill. It a guy shows up with an old but complete car let him run. What the crowd likes about them is how good they look on the track. Everything will happen from there.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:32 PM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I turned in a vacation notice today so I can get the car that week and get it built in time for Sunday As far as what dates and times in Lincoln, just count me in and let me know later when we're going.

I'm not having any luck finding an old set of Toyota/Panasonic decals so it looks like I'm going to have to re-think the paint theme. Something will come up I'm sure!

Everything sounds good to me so far! Thank you...
Old 06-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxrich
This may sound silly but don't worry about the W. It does not matter what they drive as long as they are racing. We have peeps that still have 102's that will kick butts out there. Old duratrax, Cross, 103's F109, RGX, 104's run together since it all comes down to setup and driver skill. It a guy shows up with an old but complete car let him run. What the crowd likes about them is how good they look on the track. Everything will happen from there.
we definitely arent looking to turn anyone away, just looking to get some base rules established. It would be awesome to see that many different cars running together.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Deja Vu
I turned in a vacation notice today so I can get the car that week and get it built in time for Sunday As far as what dates and times in Lincoln, just count me in and let me know later when we're going.

I'm not having any luck finding an old set of Toyota/Panasonic decals so it looks like I'm going to have to re-think the paint theme. Something will come up I'm sure!

http://d-drivesportsenglish.com/inde...products_id=67 here are some of the decals you need but they are out of stock... as far as the red and white, I or one of the other local guys im sure could paint it very close.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deja Vu

There is someone that has made custom paintmasks for several guys at the track. Reasonably priced also... I know Bernie did it for his VTA car. Talk to Bernie.... yourr F1 plan may still work. Also there is a guy that makes custom stickers.. he goes by CSEILS on RCtech. Check him out also.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by padailey
There is someone that has made custom paintmasks for several guys at the track. Reasonably priced also... I know Bernie did it for his VTA car. Talk to Bernie.... yourr F1 plan may still work. Also there is a guy that makes custom stickers.. he goes by CSEILS on RCtech. Check him out also.
Here's the Paint mask guy Mike Harrell & I have used.

Send him a picture of what you want & He will work up a proof, You will probably need to give him some sizes though.

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=213940
Old 06-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Placed my order for my ESC, 21.5 and short Lipo today, hope we can really get something going.... Im having a heck of a time deciding what livery to go with. they are all so cool.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any chance of allowing the use of silver cans at the start? My wife's fine with me getting a f1 car but doesn't like me spending $150 more to get a new bl system, and I don't want to have to be switching my sct esc and changing the stator out for every race.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

What do these things go for new?
Old 06-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by omaha_racing
What do these things go for new?
depends on what you want.

3 racing sells the FGX and F109 for just over 100 each brand new. The HPI F10 is also close to that price range. Tamiya cars start at about 170 and go up to about 270. Its just like any other class, there is a huge range. if you wanted to stay cheap, you could and still be very competitive.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Ehh...Im sure I would stay interested in carpet for about this long...yep thats about it. I might have to give yours a go and see how it is.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

you may gain more interest once the cool factor is raised when you see a bunch of F1s running wheel to wheel around the track.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

What you going to get...I see the fgx is in your favorite color!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.