Omaha Hobby Plex Race Chat

Old 08-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Sweet

I had a good time as well. I kinda got todds car going there at the end. I'm still in off road mode! I definatly like the car. I'll be in full force in about 2 or 3 weeks.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hear ya Bob, car made it into good hands after it passed thru mine......
Old 08-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Regional Moderator

LOL... guess it kinda sounded that way. I actually meant that is STAYED in good hands.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Maybe you should have said it landed in good hands.............the hands of a turn marshal after my show of how well it can take a board slap...............lol
Old 08-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Regional Moderator

... been there done that. At least you know how to work on a car. For your first time out I was pretty impressed. Give it a few weeks and you'll be all over us.

That is a great car... so once you tune it to your driving style (or tune your driving style to the car) you'll be set.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

That is where I'm at, the car I had was good, the car I have is great, just need to get comfy.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

UnderDaHill: I found my problem. I spun a diff ring in the rear diff, the front diff loosened up a bit after I put the new diff screw in and I found a bur (from the mold I assume) on the spur gear adapter which was making my spur wobble. Wow, four hours working on the drive train, maybe I should go back to oval, just one diff to screw up..........lol. The drive train seems a little tight now but spins free, after I run a pack through it and recheck the diffs this thing should be a rocket.

Chad O
Old 08-26-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Rookie

hey i just rebuilt the diff in my tc3 and was taking it out for a test run in the parking lot with an undergeared 5800 and throughout the run it kept getting more and more loose till at the end it was soo loose i was loosing a ton of power, does anyone know what i should do? tighten it down more?
Old 08-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

Bob was telling me the other nite and I do remember vagly from when I had one a long time ago, that a freshly diff will loosen up. the best thing to do would be run a few sprints, back a forth then check the diffs and tighten as needed. keep in mind that you do not want to tighten them too much or you will have to rebuild again and/or buy more new parts that you should never have had to buy.

Anyone else with some input on this????

Chad O
Old 08-27-2005, 12:32 AM
Suspended

also amke sure the diff screw is on the right side. i am not sure what side it should be on a tc3.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Because of the the way the diffs are made in the TC3/4 thereis only one way they can go in, front right and rear left.

Chad O
Old 08-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Regional Moderator

If you didn't squish the thrust spring prior to assembly it will also loosen up a bit. Add that to the balls in the diff work a groove into the new rings and you have some serious loosening. Just follow the manual on the diff setting after and you should have a setting that will stay put for a while.

Let me know if it loosens back up like that again.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Great turnout with some awesome racing last night. 26 total entries, 12 touring cars, 9 1/12th scales and 5 Sportsman touring cars. Looked like alot of guys getting some track time in for the enduro. Mark Z and Craig Maline battled for the win in 1/12th scale with Clay Landis, Todd Beardmore and Jason Hall duking it out for third, fourth and fifth. Ken McKinney stomped the field in 19T Touring. BJ Benesh kept him honest for the first half of the race, but in the end, Kenny put the entire field down a lap. Again this week Butch Wolfe and Brandon Tripp traded fast laps in Sportsman Touring with Butch taking the win and a new track record. Hope to see you all next week!!
Old 09-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Another great Wednesday night of racing!! 31 total entries, 9 Stock/Sportsman Touring, 9 19T 1/12th Scale, 8 19T Touring and 5 4300 Brushless Touring.

Mark Z resets track layout record in 19T 1/12th after three weeks of running on the layout again. Craig Maline second again on the lead lap. Todd Beardmore, Jason Hall and returning veteran Joe Bruno battle it out for third. 19T Touring saw HobbyPLEX newcomer Matt Howard lay down some blistering times for a new track record as well. Ken McKinney kept Matt honest in qualifying, nearly posting a 25 lap run. Ken kept Matt close at the beginning of the main but, in the end, Matt took the win by 3/4 of a lap. Lincoln racer Jamee Everson held off Matt Leibman for third in the main. Stock Touring saw the return of Tom "TQ" Quedensley to the track after some health problems over the summer. Did pretty well, qualified and finished a strong third in the main, no rust here. Brandon Tripp and Butch Wolfe raced for the win again this week with Brandon taking the honors. In 4300 Touring, Bob Brindamour set both ends of the track record, qualifying and 30 lap main times. After a rough start, Tim Ski was making a bid to catch Bob but, bad luck cost him a lap and Bob took an easy victory.

More great racing to come, See you all next week!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Looks like you guys are having a blast!!

Are there any NE racers going to Hutch next weekend for their carpet race? I know you are having the enduro on Sunday. Just trying to get an idea of entries.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.