Wiki Posts
Search

How did you get into RC cars?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default .

I think my first car was the Panda Dale Earnhardt Stock Car. From there had an old stadium truck that I raced a few times at the Lincoln Oval, Aksarben, Rockbrook, and some indoor place off of 90th and Maple?? Raced pan cars at Salvation Army with Dave, Chad, Mike, Steve and Dan White and remember Phil Beardshear and Richard Hensley being "the guys to beat there." Ramamber going to Bel Air Hobbies and having Mr. Fields give you in depth instructions on the cars and how to maintain them. Then there was Big Bob at the Hobbytown that was at 144th and Center by Shopko which then moved to 132nd and Center before he died unexpectedly. I basically ran whatever Chad ran because I did not and still do not like building or maintaining these cars. I just like to drive them and have fun doing it. Sometimes I get too serious about it and have to step away for a while. I enjoyed just coming out and watching the races yesterday. I think everyone's stories on here are really cool to be able to see how everyone started out.