Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Nebraska/Iowa Racing
Free racing and Fireworks in Lincoln >

Free racing and Fireworks in Lincoln

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free racing and Fireworks in Lincoln

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Z
Tech Master

Default Free racing and Fireworks in Lincoln

Due to our wonderful weather, the free racing followed by the City of Lincoln fireworks show has been cancelled. We will try again next year.

Regular racing resumes tuesday evening with offroad racing.

Next saturday and sunday will be a Heart of America Series race on the onroad track.

Z
Old 07-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Next year??? I say we do this tomorrow evening before the fireworks! Say 6 or 7 in case people have to work? You couldn't ask for a better time for free publicity. Lets entertain the thousands and thousands of people there will be out there to see the fireworks. I highly doubt the off road side will be able to put on a show due to the mud but we will see if things change on that. The on road side is where its gonna be at tomorrow! And be sure to tell the public that the GT's are around $400....$500 and they are racing. Lets pull more racers in! Anybody else with me on this? If so lets spread the word...
Old 07-05-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Rookie

i made a special trip down to lincoln sat morn to check out the off road track, not much thought went in making the track and the jumps, i was disappointed for wasting my time and gas.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry the track wasn't up to par for you. It may not be the best thing in the world, but its a hell of a lot better than what was there. There is a video of the track posted on here so you didnt have to waste your gas. Have a good one!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Mugenmadman
i made a special trip down to lincoln sat morn to check out the off road track, not much thought went in making the track and the jumps, i was disappointed for wasting my time and gas.
Why would you even post something like this. I mean really. There were alot of guys that put there time and effort into making it the way it is now. I think that track looks good and Im excited about racing on it. I will make a special trip out there to race on it. Mugenmadman, you just need to keep your mouth shut. No one made you go down there and look at the track, and you have no room to talk, its not like you helped with making the track. What at arse hole!!!
I just want to say that I am very impressed and want to give a thanks to everyone that helped make the track better, and I will be out there sometime to race. AWESOME WORK GUYS!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Mugenmadman
i made a special trip down to lincoln sat morn to check out the off road track, not much thought went in making the tra k and the jumps, i was disappointed for wasting my time and gas.
This dude is a piece of ****. people put countless hours into this track & all you do is come of the forums b**** about the track & how you wasted your car gas and time.

Last edited by truthspeaker; 07-05-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

I was at the track earlier and there was a big puddle of water on the on road course. I was spreading the water out trying to dry as much as possible but I dont think it will be drivable. Maybe we can try to throw an open house sometime in the near future on both off and on road to try to get the public out there more often.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Default o

Originally Posted by Rooster88
I was at the track earlier and there was a big puddle of water on the on road course. I was spreading the water out trying to dry as much as possible but I dont think it will be drivable. Maybe we can try to throw an open house sometime in the near future on both off and on road to try to get the public out there more often.
The problem in Lincoln is that they need Hobbytown to step up and take some leadership in the offroad. They should be paying people to work the races and possibly have a parts trailer there. They seem to not understand that if they put money into it and promote it that they will increase their sales of parts and vehicles. I like what Ben and Aaron are doing and the SCT series is a great idea. That needs to get started ASAP. I would imagine that would pull quite a few racers back to the track. I can cover the weekly awards if you guys want, not a problem. Just need to get Hobbytown on board SOON and get it rolling.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Z
Tech Master

Hobbytown in Lincoln is willing to do alot to help promote the offroad track. We, MRO, have not done a very good job of using their help. There are currently plans in the works to change that.

Z
Old 07-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default /

Originally Posted by Z
Hobbytown in Lincoln is willing to do alot to help promote the offroad track. We, MRO, have not done a very good job of using their help. There are currently plans in the works to change that.

Z
Nice work Z!
Old 07-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Z
Tech Master

Thanks, but it is not me. Will, Ben, Arron, and several I am sure I am missing are the ones making it happen. From the ideas I heard at the club meeting last week, I believe things are headed in the right direction. It is really nice to see a group of guys excited about making the offroad track work.

Z
Old 07-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

We have a good group of guys right now that are all passionate about making the offroad track work. This is all the track has needed for years. I stepped out of the scene several years ago because I did not feel that there was this passion. With the introduction of Aaron and having Will already in place it sure seemed like the right time to come back into play. We will still need everyone to believe that we can make this happen. Any ideas or suggestions will be shown with respect and consideration. This is a club and not ONE of us owns it. That is how I would like to see our operations (club oriented). Consider everyone and make it enjoyable to as many of them as possible. We will never be able to satisfy everyone. But, if we can make it a fun place for most of the racers then, we have succeeded.

It's a lot of work and, I feel we can turn this ship around.