Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NESCAR 2010 Grand Island

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone have any suggestions on a race proven stock brushless motor for our new Losi XXX-SCT. Right now I am still researching, as I am not familiar with the Short Course class. I would like to get them competitive. I'm hoping that there will be enough vehicles to run an A and B main, so you have to earn the right to be in the A main. On a side note, I sent my Havoc Pro in to Novak to see if they could figure out why I would lose power, then it would come back and then go out, over and over. They could not find an issue, or so they said, but they did send me the new Havoc SC Pro as a replacement. I think I am going to use it in my SC, and get a GTB-2 for the B4. Anyone have experience with the GTB, our maybe another that is around the same price point, under $100.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Thats Funny Cocky huh you wanna send me a pic of the back of your vehicle so i know what it looks likeOh I guess i have seen it before when your trying to stay on the lead lapWhats SS stand for Super Slow? Just Kidding ya Scott it will be a blast this Summer as always,a great group of racers who make it Fun and Super Stock truck would be awsome addition and who knows maybe i'll get a 4 wheeler to give ya a run ScottWas gonna go 1/8 electric but it looks like your callin me out
Old 12-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

we ran gtbs in our vehicles last year with no problems and far a motor we let you run any ready to run motor that come in the sc vehicles but if we want we can have two classes or just one big class we can discuss it at next meeting so try and attend!Thanks Al
Originally Posted by Crashand Burn
Anyone have any suggestions on a race proven stock brushless motor for our new Losi XXX-SCT. Right now I am still researching, as I am not familiar with the Short Course class. I would like to get them competitive. I'm hoping that there will be enough vehicles to run an A and B main, so you have to earn the right to be in the A main. On a side note, I sent my Havoc Pro in to Novak to see if they could figure out why I would lose power, then it would come back and then go out, over and over. They could not find an issue, or so they said, but they did send me the new Havoc SC Pro as a replacement. I think I am going to use it in my SC, and get a GTB-2 for the B4. Anyone have experience with the GTB, our maybe another that is around the same price point, under $100.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Unfortunately, the vehicle came with a brushed 14T motor which I doubt will fall into the stock class. Anyways, I like the brushless set-ups more. What day is the meeting? I will see if we can make it.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Actually the traxxes is a 12t and the losi i believe is same the kyosho is a 15t ant they were real equal with a 17.5 brushless i believe this is because these are real low qaulity brushed motors with very little timing!

Started a 2011 thread for the new seaso below!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've had 4 GTB's and never had a problem with any of them. I think the brushless motors are all pretty evenly matched. I have only used the Novak SS series, Scott has Trinity and Orion motors and all seem as reliable as the other.

I have a Havoc 2s with a 13.5 I would like to sell locally for $75. Levi used this for two seasons and have never had a problem with it. This would be a good combo for your buggy but I know you have a motor already.

Shawn