Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 06:57 PM
Tech Initiate

is it a posebility that there will be a 12th scale class next year if so do any of u think i can use the gtp in the post i have ^^ ther
Old 11-20-2001, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Thats what were trying to do ryan. So far me and Bigdog are going to run it, and i think shawn M too. According to MSRA rules thats enough to run a race, but races with 3 cars are no fun....we need more.

I dont mean to brag or anything....but this is my 200TH POST!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2001, 07:24 PM
Tech Initiate

so is this a 4 wheel driv class to or 2 cuz if it is 2 i willl run my 12l or gtp
Old 11-20-2001, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

It is 2wd. A rc12L IS a 1/12th scale car....you can run that

Bigdog: Is traction compound used for the 1/12th cars?
Old 11-20-2001, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by Modena AL
Bigdog: Is traction compound used for the 1/12th cars?
Of course, that's the only way to make foam tires hook up on asphalt. All traction compound will be legal next year if we stay outside. If we move inside, it will be a matter of preference, but I would say the best bet is that we will go to TQ Orange because it works just as well or better, and doesn't have the strong wintergreen smell.

Well, that's if the board members decide to move us into the 21st century.......
Old 11-21-2001, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

oh...duh, i forgot they have foam tires. I R A STUPID!!!
Old 11-21-2001, 12:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Traction Compound

The only way that we will use Traction Compound is if we lay it down, VHT, Grape Soda, Winter Green, Coke or anything other sticky substance (sorry Tim, not that). We wont be laying it down like we did at Beat the Heat, I think we had too much in some areas and not enough in others.

Jas 8 minutes per heat? With all the other classes we'll be stretched for time. The only reason we ran 3 heats and a main Sunday is because there was no MOD class and No MINI class.

Ralph - did you get my PM that I sent you yesterday?

R/C FREAKZONE

Old 11-21-2001, 12:40 PM
Regional Moderator

guess what
Old 11-21-2001, 12:41 PM
Regional Moderator

Alan went over 200
Old 11-21-2001, 12:42 PM
Regional Moderator

I just went over 100, I'm no longer a Hacker, at least not on here.
Old 11-21-2001, 12:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving!
Old 11-21-2001, 01:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Thumbs up THANKSGIVING

Thanks Chad, same to you.

Old 11-21-2001, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

If we don't start comforming to the standard racing rules such as traction compound, etc. I will have a serious problem with the future of the club. Everything I have suggested or done to help improve this club since I started has turned out to be for the better, and allowing any legal traction compound to be used is no different.

As far as 8 minute heats, we will most likely have to split the racing up next year. I don't think we should have quite as much emphasis on the less popular classes. In other words, we can run a few one day, and a few another day. All this will be different if we go indoors anyway. Indoors you will have to use traction compound. There will be no other choice. What argument against traction compound do any of the board members have that I haven't already shot down? There is no excuse for not allowing traction compound if we race outdoors. If we go into another season of no traction compound I will be forced to use it illegally to keep up with the people who are.

Since this is a club, why don't we vote?
Old 11-21-2001, 02:34 PM
Regional Moderator

Default SInce you went there Jason

Regardless to what you say, if you have any issue with the way we've been running the races then that's your issue. Anyone that does not confirm to the rules that we laid down will be disqualified or ask to change there tires or go elsewhere to race. We've been fine before the complainers came and we'll be OK when they leave It's simple Jason, if you or any one else if using traction compound on your tires, other than F-1, then you will be disqualified. Since you mentioned it who exactly are you trying to keep up with, either your coming in first or somewhere close to it. Ever time I see Chad and Alan coming in frist, without using TRACTION COMPOUND, you loose that argument. We will look at lying the compound down on the ground, then everyone will be on the same playing feel.

Take this any way you want, club members, you don't have any say so on how this is done, your suggestions will be taken into consideration but that's it. Your suggestions were taken into consideration Jason and they will continue to be taken into consideration. Being a club member only gives you a discount on race day, discounts at the Hobby shop, with that they are expected to help set up and tear down the track. Non Club members or non board members will not dictate how we run this club. Yeah I agree that when and if we hold any sanction races we'll conform to the standards but we wont do it just to race every other week. They also charge 15 or 20 per class, that will cost you Jason 45 - 60 dollars to race whereas we only charge $5 for club members and 10 for non club members. They may charge you a reduction fee based on the number of class you race but your still paying more than you would here.

Vote all you want, it will be TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.

FOR SALE, A SLIGHTLY USED TRANSPONDER SYSTEM FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL TIM.

Old 11-21-2001, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

I have news people- Your votes and your ideas will be MORE than taken into consideration.... they will be heard and acted upon. There are 5 board members in this club and the other 4 will listen to what you want. If you want to race the standardized rules- just say so. This is NOT a monopoly! I will NOT be told that my ideas will only be TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION!! Every event the other club members attend will confirm even more that we need standardized rules.

I'm sorry Mike, but you won't be the sole rule maker, whether you like it or not.

BTW, if I decide to run traction compound, you won't know it. Just like when other people run traction compound. If you think you know what all is going on behind the scenes, then you are sadly mistaken. And another thing, we need to start weighing the cars. Weight is one of the easiest ways to gain an advantage. Unfortunately for people like me who run the legal weight, it's a disadvantage.

I spoke with some of the other board members, and I believe there will be a vote on certain ISSUES at the awards ceremony. Make sure you attend club members!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.