R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing > MSRA (Memphis, TN)

Old 11-19-2011, 05:33 PM   #61
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymike View Post
I talked to my son on the way to the house tonight. He said he'd like to give 1/10 scale a shot so you can count one of us in. I wanna see how things are gonna go with either the IGT class or maybe 1/8 will take off now. Then I'll burn a hole in the Visa.
i will be glad to see yau'll back at the track Mike......

table dance later???
Old 11-19-2011, 10:15 PM   #62
Tech Regular

I am wondering if one can run a 1\8th scale electric with the other 1\8th scale gas cars?

Joe

Just having fun at something one likes to do is all one should strive for to keep one happy in this life. Getting old Sucks!! But it sure was fun getting there :)
SmokinJoeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:31 AM   #63
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJoeM View Post
I am wondering if one can run a 1\8th scale electric with the other 1\8th scale gas cars?

Joe
Only if you wear protection. Lord only knows what you'd end up with if they intermingled long enough. a Prius?
crazymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #64
Tech Regular

Quote:
Only if you wear protection. Lord only knows what you'd end up with if they intermingled long enough. a Prius?
Nice thought, could be start of a new movement

Just having fun at something one likes to do is all one should strive for to keep one happy in this life. Getting old Sucks!! But it sure was fun getting there :)
Old 11-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #65
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factory Sqeal View Post

table dance later???
I still got my coupon!!

Quote:
Nice thought, could be start of a new movement
We'll see...
Old 11-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #66
Tech Elite

Quote:

Joe
if there are 3 of them....electric....its a Class....LOL!!
Old 11-21-2011, 11:21 PM   #67
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Get ready to burn that hole in your Visa either way on 8th scale. I will tell you that you will be burning a bigger one with the 8th scale Lola over the 8th scale IGT cars. I run both and have a blast with both at most of the races I've attended. Just remember with 8th scale Lola, find you a good, cheap tire source because that is where a lot of your cost will occur.
Dang!! I dunno how I missed your post!!

I appreciate your insight, but either way, whatever spent on good times is WELL worth it. I came out and ran IGT a few times and for what it would cost me to get back into it, I'd rather pony up a few more $$ and try the real deal. I liked running IGT but they pushed like a friggin train, you were limited to what you could do with them at the time (I remember getting fussed at for putting a finish on my pipe with a buffing wheel), and we had a choice of O.K. tires or the Kyosho suck tires. I HOPE things have gotten better over the past couple of years, but then.. whats a couple hunert more$$?? When I ran offroad I had fun running a Revo for a season, then I bought a truggy and it was a night/day difference between something made to play around in the yard with and something to race with. Thats pretty much the distinction I've made with the IGT cars and the Lola's. I'm not afraid of dropping the coin, I'm concerned with more bang for my buck AND the class actually sticking around with some dedicated peeps.

My friggin kid is now salivating over the chance to run 1/10 scale electric since he has a track that is literally around the corner from his moms and I'm kinda fired up about getting him a kit and showing him how to build it. Imma be bugging the h#ll out of Donnie here in the next couple of weeks on a kit, esc and battery to run, figuring out what color he's painting his lid so I can tell my boy "That one!!! Run that joker into the wall!!" LMBO!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #68
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, according to Donnie, he doesn't need any help getting to the wall )
Dondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #69
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

crazymike,

Well, here is a link for how IGT has grown since the last time you guys raced them in Memphis:

http://ipanemasports.com/racingnews.aspx

Here is a link showing what I did last year at the IGT US Nationals in Joilet, IL:

http://ipanemasports.com/MikeLydayUS...lChampion.aspx

I did particpate in the Ipanema Worlds in Homestead, FL in March 2010 and finished 9th in the A-main after bumping up fron the B-main.

As far as 8th scale Lola, get yourself a good engine. If you don't, the competition will hand you your rear!!! You will normally run tires slightly softer in the front than in the rear. When cutting tires, most of the guys are using a 5mm to 7mm split between front to rears (ie: 66mm front, 72mm rear which is what I use). This means that you will need a good tire truer (Hudy is the best of the bunch). Don't forget, find that cheap tire source or you can pay up to $60 per set.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #70
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factory Seal View Post
if there are 3 of them....electric....its a Class....LOL!!
If I riun the same body on the car who should care what is under the body? The electric car, in my opinon, should be able to keep up with the gas(nitro) cars.
I am willing to bring my 1/8 scale car over and try it out when you guys are praticing. You decide on rubber or foam tires? What type of body would you run on the gas car so I can get a body just like it mounted on my electric car?
Let me know,

Thanks

JoeM

Old 11-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Quote:
Dang!! . Imma be bugging the h#ll out of Donnie here in the next couple of weeks on a kit, esc and battery to run, figuring out what color he's painting his lid so I can tell my boy "That one!!! Run that joker into the wall!!" LMBO!!!!!!
Who the does he think he is ,Cole Trickle!......

He will need a Nitro Car to run with Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondor View Post
Well, according to Donnie, he doesn't need any help getting to the wall )
Or under it....I do just fine all by my lonesome.....
Old 11-24-2011, 07:49 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Quote:
If I riun the same body on the car who should care what is under the body? The electric car, in my opinon, should be able to keep up with the gas(nitro) cars.
I am willing to bring my 1/8 scale car over and try it out when you guys are praticing. You decide on rubber or foam tires? What type of body would you run on the gas car so I can get a body just like it mounted on my electric car?
Let me know,

Thanks

JoeM
Joe,we will post it up when are going to Work/Run again....we have some concrete work left to do.....patch work also.....

i dont think the electric could run that long main.....Bring it with the tires you have for now...if you have both kinds for testing cool......i would think Rubber....
i haver been running the thin bodies......Im not sure how they will hold up against metal......
the last one i mounted up was the P56-N Regular Weight....Protoform #1521-30

but you need it for a 190mmTC........not sure about part#

Hope Dat Help's.....
Donnie.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #73
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Who the does he think he is ,Cole Trickle!......

He will need a Nitro Car to run with Me!

Or under it....I do just fine all by my lonesome.....
Well.. He's sneaky.. Like a Ninja.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #74
Tech Initiate

BTW.. Happy Turkey Day errybody!
Old 11-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #75
Tech Regular

Quote:
Joe,we will post it up when are going to Work/Run again....we have some concrete work left to do.....patch work also.....

i dont think the electric could run that long main.....Bring it with the tires you have for now...if you have both kinds for testing cool......i would think Rubber....
i haver been running the thin bodies......Im not sure how they will hold up against metal......
the last one i mounted up was the P56-N Regular Weight....Protoform #1521-30

but you need it for a 190mmTC........not sure about part#

Hope Dat Help's.....
Donn.

Donnie,
I have an 1\8 cale electric LOSI converted buggy that I have ran a few times on dirt oval as a late model. This is the electric car I would like to run over there with the gas cars.
I will try to round up some tires and a body

Let me know when you guys will be testing or doing any repairs to the facility

Thanks,

Joe

I have