R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   MSRA (Memphis, TN) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/msra-memphis-tn-35/)
-   -   Nitro OnRoad 2011 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/msra-memphis-tn/506159-nitro-onroad-2011-a.html)

Factory Seal 04-23-2011 09:49 AM

Nitro OnRoad 2011

Man,i have been having some fun with the NT1 2010Spec.

Freaking thing will fly......anyway...
just thought we needed a new place to B.S.!

He Justin,Cliff.....what mill you guys buying?

Factory Seal 04-23-2011 09:57 AM

jlfx car audio
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish. Lol no we got serpent 720-08s there is a red nitro car but man its a expensive kit. We need access to a truer tho. And someone that knows how to tune a motor . We r clueless. Lol

3x TOP photon/tenkin/thunderpower/airtronics

Justin if you are buying New motors,going by the book is what i do....but,some prefer to use a breakin bench.......either way dont touch a screw!!.....LOL!
Sid and Bobby and Emmo have truers.....and a few others....no worries..........

glad to see you guys gettin HotRods!....

Factory Seal 04-23-2011 10:01 AM

Today, 08:20 AM #18
cliferton
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

sorry we hijacked your thread
2011 track director

Heres us a thread!LMAO!

jlfx car audio 04-23-2011 05:33 PM

mine is comin with a 2 gal old MEGA zx12 which is a novarossii/pieco based motor made for serpent team drivers o and it was modded its been ported and polished:sneaky:.
the guy i got it from "gonzo rc" from chicago we had a hudge lot of byrons 16%- 12%oil and he tuned it to that and told me to do my best to keep the temps below 260 and aim for 220 for the 5 min mark? he said its still has good compression and berings r fresh hope it works out if not maby it will get me by for a few races.
o and we got the "poo" tire lathe its a old cobra ac lathe. its industural strength. lol got it from a old race friend.
hay nitro guys can u post some specs for the class rules and some tech info on ride height , optimal tire size and club sire size, droop.
u suck donnie u got us hooked

Factory Seal 04-23-2011 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio (Post 9008087)
mine is comin with a 2 gal old MEGA zx12 which is a novarossii/pieco based motor made for serpent team drivers o and it was modded its been ported and polished:sneaky:.
the guy i got it from "gonzo rc" from chicago we had a hudge lot of byrons 16%- 12%oil and he tuned it to that and told me to do my best to keep the temps below 260 and aim for 220 for the 5 min mark? he said its still has good compression and berings r fresh hope it works out if not maby it will get me by for a few races.
o and we got the "poo" tire lathe its a old cobra ac lathe. its industural strength. lol got it from a old race friend.
hay nitro guys can u post some specs for the class rules and some tech info on ride height , optimal tire size and club sire size, droop.
u suck donnie u got us hooked

couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!.....Looking forward to racing with you and cliff..........the rules are on the web site......

ride height at hobbytown is 10mm....LOL!!

jlfx car audio 04-23-2011 06:57 PM

10mm!? r u kidding? Lmao what bout droop ? and what u running Ur tires at normal.
also will it be ok to run 20% nitro I know 30% I have to reshiming the head.

Factory Seal 04-23-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio (Post 9008414)
10mm!? r u kidding? Lmao what bout droop ? and what u running Ur tires at normal.
also will it be ok to run 20% nitro I know 30% I have to reshiming the head.

LMAO!!...you know it.......I would suggest getting some setup tips from the Serpent guys....not to sure it would be the same as Xray setup.......I ran 61/2mm rr....6mm frt....at midsouth......prolly take more at hobbytown....
I think sid was running 51/2 and 5mm...

jlfx car audio 04-23-2011 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Factory Seal (Post 9008598)
LMAO!!...you know it.......I would suggest getting some setup tips from the Serpent guys....not to sure it would be the same as Xray setup.......I ran 61/2mm rr....6mm frt....at midsouth......prolly take more at hobbytown....
I think sid was running 51/2 and 5mm...

:weird:what u mean im clueless. lol
61/62mm tires ?rr?
6mm front ? droop over ride height ?

Factory Seal 04-24-2011 06:42 AM

sorry,I was talking about ride height.6mm ft....6 1/2 rear......Tires,that is a big question.......so many brands,so many shores......you wouldnt believe how many sets i carry around...at mid south i ran 32shore ft,and 35 in the rear.....anyway that depends on track conditions.....on the xray we run the rear tires 1mm taller in the rear...for wear reasons........droop is what you will have to experiment with...thats why i said get a basic setup from a serpent team guy and start from there.......you will get it figured out........go to the Nitro Onroad thread and get on the serpent thread.......should be able to get all ur answers........
hope that helps.....

also if the guy has broken in the engines fairley well......you shouldn't be doing much tuning......also running 20% is better for your motor....i used to get better mileage out of 16%...LMAO!.

Factory Seal 04-24-2011 04:34 PM

this is fixin to get FUN!

cliferton 04-24-2011 06:51 PM

or frustrating

VoodooDaddy 04-24-2011 07:14 PM

:tire:very frustrating:deathstar

Factory Seal 04-24-2011 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by VoodooDaddy (Post 9013233)
:tire:very frustrating:deathstar

LMAO!........when you coming to the track ?

Factory Seal 04-24-2011 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by cliferton (Post 9013097)
or frustrating

Nah!....you will like it.....

Factory Seal 04-26-2011 03:30 PM

i think Cliff and Justin are in there secret lab working on those Nitro cars!:nod::nod::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::lol::lol: