Wiki Posts
Search

Proposed New MSRA Website

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Proposed New MSRA Website

As promised at the meeting I am posting a link to the proposed new website. This was built to test the functionality. So it may not look exactly like what it will end up as if it is approved. Keep in mind that not everything can be changed and made exactly how we would like. For instance someone asked if we could have the pictures at the top scroll across like a slide show and we cannot. So we lose some flexibility with this setup but it becomes much easier to manage and doesn't require someone with a lot of HTML (Website) skills. It can be administered by any of the board members. You will also see there are many features that we will have available to us that are easily added or removed.

Features

Calendar
Events Listings
Video uploads
Picture uploads
Profile pictures and bio
Instant messaging
Chat room
Weather forecast/radar
Twitter integration
Email distribution lists
Shout box
RSS News Feeds
Widgets

Here are some things to remember.

1. Any ads you see across the top or on the right side would not be there once we pay for it.

2. The pictures across the top can be changed.

3. The colors can be changed.

4. The overall layout can be changed to about 40 different preset templates.

5. You have to be logged in to see everything. So feel free to go ahead and register for a login. (be sure and use what you want for your login. If this approved then this is what you end up using permanently)<== Also I just found out that they use the same logins across all of the Spruz sites. So If you had a login to the old Delta-raceway website you can use it. No need to make a new one

6. There are many different things that can be added or removed. Like calendar, Weather radar, chat room and etc.

7. The navigation window would have more items once we pay for it. (We are limited to 10 items until we pay for it.)

8. We can add as many different sections as needed in the Forums section.

9. We can moderate our forums. (Yes we can ban someone if needed.)

10. Chat room is live. So someone else has to be in it to chat with them.

11. There is an instant message app at the bottom of the page that allows you to send messages to other members while they are online. (I haven't used it yet but it sounds good)

12. The web address will end up being the same as now (www.msra-racing.com) after we pay for it. The one below is just temporary.

Please try to use all of the features of the website so we can test it. So post in the forums and etc.

let me know if you have any questions.

Here is the link. http://www.msra-racing.spruz.com

Last edited by Tim B; 01-17-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........
Old 01-17-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Three
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........
+1
Old 01-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

pretty cool. i think after its paid for it will be even better. quick question does this service offer a mobile version? I log in a lot through the smarter than me phone. tech loads at a decent speed for the most part, but does not offer a mobile version. the new site was pretty rough on my 3g connection.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This looks good Tim.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cliferton
pretty cool. i think after its paid for it will be even better. quick question does this service offer a mobile version? I log in a lot through the smarter than me phone. tech loads at a decent speed for the most part, but does not offer a mobile version. the new site was pretty rough on my 3g connection.
Great question. Short answer is no not really. The long answer is...

I tried it from my 2G Blackberry and I could not pull it up. I tried from my 3G I phone and it worked well. I then looked through the information provided by Spruz and they do not officially support mobile. However many mobile browsers will work with varying success. Some can only view the site. Some can do everything. What it really depends on is how close to a real browser your mobile device has. They did mention that they were aware of this and were evaluating making upgrades to allow full "mobile" access. So they are not promising anything but it could be here some day. that's the good thing about using a service like this instead of doing it yourself. They are constantly adding and changing features. All I have to do is enable them as they come along.

I do feel that even if they do not do anything "full mobile" that in the future it will not be as big of a deal. Because most of the new "smart" phones that are coming out now have pretty much a full browser. They do not have to go to a .mobile address. So if I were the owner of Spruz I don't think I would invest much time and energy into making it "mobile" accessible. But who knows they might.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Also Cliferton thanks for posting the pics of the stuff for sale. I was wondering how that would work. Was it easy to post the pics?

P.S. I found out that they use the logins across all the Spruz sites. So you can probably use your old login that you had for the Delta Raceway site. Could you see if you can get in with it?
Old 01-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

my phone loads fine it just kinda slow i'm thinking that it was about 3mb pages. maybe i has not so good of a signal ill try it later from home i get full bars there.

yea it works just like it does on tech. I just pasted in the img code from photobucket.

the novak race pics came straight from the laptop it only lets u upload 10 pics at a time just fyi for whom ever wants to uload pics to their own folder

im gonna really get in and mess with the site later i saw some stuff that looked kinda cool
Old 01-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

I need your final feedback on the proposed new site. The board members need to make a decision.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim B
I need your final feedback on the proposed new site. The board members need to make a decision.
I really like the website, Im going to make one suggestion if its possible use bannana album for pictures. Personly I liked it because it was super easy to navigate and see pics.

Just a suggestion
Old 01-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bigblockt-maxx
I really like the website, Im going to make one suggestion if its possible use bannana album for pictures. Personly I liked it because it was super easy to navigate and see pics.

Just a suggestion
Unfortunaly we cannot change the picture layout.

With this set up we are restricted to what the hosting company provides. that is good and bad. We lose some flexability but we gain features without the pain of making them from scratch. We can just make a few clicks and add something like a chat room. They have quite a few different options to choose from and they add new ones from time to time. So they might change the way pictures are done later. Or add a whole new way of doing it.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim B
Unfortunaly we cannot change the picture layout.

With this set up we are restricted to what the hosting company provides. that is good and bad. We lose some flexability but we gain features without the pain of making them from scratch. We can just make a few clicks and add something like a chat room. They have quite a few different options to choose from and they add new ones from time to time. So they might change the way pictures are done later. Or add a whole new way of doing it.
CoolI vote keep it!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

im cool with it
Old 01-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MINIMAMA
This looks good Tim.
hey jamie or should i say MRS ONEWAY if you are gonna list your sponsors aleast spell them right its FUTABA not FUTUBA LOL just messin with you
Old 01-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default Problem

Tim B, FYI

Check this out, when I try to add my picture to profile. I get blown away.

Here is the error, and it's coming from Windows or Explorer. Note that explorer gets blown away when it happens.

What is Data Execution Prevention?

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs. These types of attacks can harm your programs and files.

DEP can help protect your computer by monitoring your programs to make sure that they use system memory safely. If DEP notices a program on your computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies you.

See also
Data Execution Prevention: frequently asked questions
Change Data Execution Prevention settings

This is not a good thing. I am running Vista.
This occurs as soon as I try to open a folder to look for the picture on my harddrive. I have tried it twice on different days. It's also something I have never seen on any other site, but I don't often add things from my harddrive on to web sites.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.