R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   MSRA (Memphis, TN) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/msra-memphis-tn-35/)
-   -   Rule changes and classes for 2010 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/msra-memphis-tn/327971-rule-changes-classes-2010-a.html)

Three 09-15-2009 06:59 PM

Rule changes and classes for 2010

OK, let them rip. Serious input please !!!!!

kidsid99 09-15-2009 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Three (Post 6350541)
OK, let them rip. Serious input please !!!!!

Run a real class!!

VoodooDaddy 09-15-2009 07:34 PM

Whats a real class Sid

Three 09-15-2009 07:36 PM

Ouch !!!!

kidsid99 09-15-2009 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by VoodooDaddy (Post 6350745)
Whats a real class Sid

One without quite so many rules and limitations.

kidsid99 09-15-2009 07:52 PM

MOST IMPORTANTLY: If it's not in the rules, and does not encompass the spirit of slower, controlled racing with realistic looking cars, consider it illegal. This is called the "Spirit of VTA" Rule. The class is based on slower, equal playing field competition with less traction, minimal aerodynamic aids and mostly older carpet racing technology. The final objective is close, fair, wheel-to-wheel racing for all. All decisions of the race promoter or track owner are final.

This is what is now missing. It is not slow or on an equal playing field. Of course when it was started most people were running the Havoc system which would be a fair playing field but with the new advancements in ESC's that has drastically changed and I believe will continue to change. That is why Nashville and others have imposed a speed limit trying to re-even the field and still allow the newer ESC's.

VoodooDaddy 09-15-2009 07:58 PM

Well if you want a cheap spec class .... there isnt any .... racing isnt cheap ... if you want to be competitive you have to do what the fast guys do ...Yeah mini is a cheap class yeah whatever ....having to buy a kit.. nice servo ..esc ......zapped can.........or red dot motor....... dust buster motor yeah ..... this was a so called spec class to .... but all the cool bling and hopped up motor wont do u a bit of good for those who cant drive or not able to put the power down to the ground ... then thats when a good driver and chassis tuner comes into play.....or .. the guy who listens to the fast guys... he or she keeps his car clean free and square ....pays attention to being consistant and smooth ..... there the one who will win most of the time ...then they will be blamed because there doing something shady .................just my two cents ....but what the hell do I know Im just a stupid offroad racer

Three 09-15-2009 08:04 PM

Speed limits aren't the answer. It is too complicated.
First the club would have to buy a radar gun, then someone would have to learn its operation. Also this same person would have to operate the gun during qualifying and the race (so they couldn't race the class or work on their cars while this class is run). What if they couldn't make a race date? Would the class not be run on that date?

kidsid99 09-15-2009 08:23 PM

There are always the pros and cons. Alot has to do with the setup and alot has to do with buying the newest and fastest and the not cheap parts/hopups. Of course I believe that this type of thing happens somewhere around this time every year where the "so called spec" classes become unfair because some people are going alot faster than others. And some of that has to do with the fact some of the faster people are putting in the extra effort to actually go fast!

DARKSIDE 09-15-2009 08:31 PM

honesty among the VTA racers....whats more important...close winning..or 3 laps on the field....:batman:

the easy solution to speed in VTA...

Brad.R 09-15-2009 08:43 PM

I would like to see a 1/10 scale tc run what you brung class:D

Dondor 09-15-2009 08:58 PM

spec a tire for touring. i vote jaco blue.

vta. thats hard. maybe if we have the participation, do like nashville... unlimited for those of us that have dynamic speedos.. and another for the ones that dont that will be a bit slower. or if everyone wants.. we limit the top speed. doesnt matter to me. whatever the majority wants and would be the most beneficial to the hobby as a whole

vta cup for points

mini cup for points

encourage novice participation. encourage new drivers with help in setup and tuning.. i am trying to be available with a set up board for those that dont have access to one as well as programming for the tekin dynamic tuning.

start earlier.. 2pm start is blah start early finish early

stick with one ruleset for vta.. invert.. non invert... something

no new classes.. no wgt.. no rcgt.. none of that.. lets try and expand on what we are doing well

see if we can talk to the hobby stores and put up some fliers for racing and what not

thats all i can think of atm.. ill post more as my brain stops hurting

dangerousminds 09-15-2009 10:00 PM

run what you brung yeah right on a serious note i would like to see a 13.5 stock

cobrajet 09-16-2009 02:35 AM

not sure if this whould catch on here but i read alot about this on the forums here. clubs trying a VTA type nitro, tyres bodys just like the ele with low buck stock type motors and pipes. and i thought nitro was competitive as it is. try racing your Xrays on hpi vta rubber... (or that mugen with the 69 body:lol:)but i think this was more for entry lvl RTR nitro cars like hpis and what evers.

hairy 09-16-2009 04:14 AM

just bringing this over from another thread, seens more appropraite here:
I'm not a VTA racer just interested in watching the class.If speed is the issue then wouldn't this rule fix that rather than running a speed limit?

"Tracks should not dictate which motor combination a racer should choose. All three motor/battery combos have been tested to compete evenly against one another in competition with great success. If any one power choice shows a definitive advantage at a certain track, it is up to the race management to even the racing out via suggested gearing changes."