Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 T.C.S.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Is it too late to get a motor from Doc? I have a feeling my new Mini will be lap traffic if I don't.

>>>> Sid, insert "lap traffic" joke here: ________________________________________________.: ha:
Old 03-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Rookie

42 more days till we are all lap trafic. hay sid can i borrow a moter man I'll be at your trailer . OK!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Three
Give it a break ............. (or perhaps you can tech the motors, there were only 60+ MInis last year).
No one (to my limited knowledge) is being forced to attend. Tamiya lets us race for free and even gives us t-shirts.
I think you misunderstood my posts. OldandSlow mentioned he liked the idea of an RPM limit, not me. I never asked for motors to be teched, only that the decision be made on whether they would be. Sid answered that they would not, so now I'm working on getting myself a competitive motor. That's racing, right?

Its all good. I've been running TCS races for many years now, and more than just Memphis. I go to have a good time, not to win. I'll be a lapper due to my inadequate handling and driving, but not motor.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
I think you misunderstood my posts. OldandSlow mentioned he liked the idea of an RPM limit, not me. I never asked for motors to be teched, only that the decision be made on whether they would be. Sid answered that they would not, so now I'm working on getting myself a competitive motor. That's racing, right?

Its all good. I've been running TCS races for many years now, and more than just Memphis. I go to have a good time, not to win. I'll be a lapper due to my inadequate handling and driving, but not motor.
Please DO NOT pay any attention to Three. He gets moody around this time of year. And I kind of question you being a lapper as you call it.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xlamontx
Is it too late to get a motor from Doc? I have a feeling my new Mini will be lap traffic if I don't.

>>>> Sid, insert "lap traffic" joke here: ________________________________________________.: ha:
I'll let you wait til after the race and add it yourself. These guys are FAST!! If you email Doc you will get faster results.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Sorry minimadman2003 my mistake. The meds just don't work all the time and I only get out of the "home" on weekends (LOL).
It's all good, glad your coming to race with us. It will be fantastic to see the thundering herds of minis at TCS.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So what other big plans do you have for this year? Will there be BBQ, or other "food" available right at the track? Are you still setting up in the one sealed area in the parking lot? I missed last year , so I wasn't sure what had changed.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
So what other big plans do you have for this year? Will there be BBQ, or other "food" available right at the track? Are you still setting up in the one sealed area in the parking lot? I missed last year , so I wasn't sure what had changed.
Everyone really liked the setup last year. Still on the sealed part. We had burgers last year might try and see what we can come up with though. I am almost sure we will have something, we always do.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kidsid99
I'll let you wait til after the race and add it yourself. These guys are FAST!! If you email Doc you will get faster results.

You are correct sir. These guys are FAST. I was watching the mini race at last years BTH and was amazed at how fast the cars were turning laps. I was so impressed that I asked one of the mini racers if this was a modified class thinking the rules were expanded to two classes (spec/mod) and I didn't get the memo. Fast or slow, I'll just be glad to be there.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Hey MSRA racers, These are the Senior Spec rules for are class. This class is for all ages and skill levels, but beginners would have more fun in the TCS Novice spec class. The senior part of senior spec is the fact that the old guys came up with the class , back here in the East.

Senior Spec class Rules for Tamiya TCS :

1) All cars are Tamiya TT-01 or TT-01E.

2) Hop-up's allow:

a. Any Ball bearings

b.Tamiya shocks and springs only (we like Tamiya #50746)

c. Turnbuckle steering tie-rods (Tamiya part #53662)

d. aluminum drive shaft (Tamiya part #53620 or #54026).

3) Gearing will be FIXED- kit 19t pinion and 61t spur

4)Tires: Racing Radials #50419, racing slicks #50454 or semi slicks #50810
These are the tires that come in the kit, any insert are okay to run.
Also Tamiya 26mm wheels ,also the wheel that come with the
kits,any offset is okay

5) Tamiya 1/10 scale touring car bodies, coupes or sedans.

6) Batteries are all 7.2(7.4 lipo) volts. They can be 6-cell- nicads or 6-cell nimhs,and Lipo's (We recommend Team Orion carbon edition 2400, 3200, 3400 and 3800)Other Lipo's of 4000mah 25c or lower are allowed ,but must fit and mount under the stock battery hold down mount . No mods to chassis or battery hold down are allowed. Lipo's charged voltage of 8.44 or less.

7) Your choice of electronics.

8) No weight minimum, but don’t lighten the car chassis or parts because that’s not allowed. Feel free to add weight in order to balance the car if you’re going to use a lipo pack.

9) Qualifying heats will be 6 minutes long. All Mains will be 8 minutes

10) Here’s the best part: motors will be Blind Draw Red Dot 15K’s and they are provided for the race free of charge. All motors are certified to be within 1% of each other and have plenty of power. Pull one out of the box for your race and return it at the end of the evening. Also feel free to run clip-on heat sinks( the tamiya one is #53664) . Remember that the motor must be returned at the end of the evening. If you leave with a spec motor you’ll owe us a $45.00 replacement fee.

Remember if you guys want to run this as an exhibition, we only have 17 motors. Like Doc said , we might add a couple .

You guys should have a roll call of interest ,to get a feel of the amount of people interested. At Frederick , we figured 10 to 12 . We had 20+ on race day , it sucked turning people away!!!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Adept

Senior Spec class Rules for Tamiya TCS :

1) All cars are Tamiya TT-01 or TT-01E.

Does this mean I can't run my TT-01R????????
Old 03-26-2009, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

At our local track, we have been asking those who show up with TT01 R's and D's to "de-content" their cars in order to run in our series. That would mean removing any option not included in the permitted list of optionalia- like the graphite top brace (R) or adjustable upper arms (D).

However, for this event- since it's just one race and an exhibition one at that- we should be allowing people to enter who have kit-supplied options on their cars that are not particularly performance- enhancing. Since an R is basically a regular old TT01 with a little bling, I would be fine with it as long as the stock gearing (61 spur- that's the white one- and a 19 tooth pinion) is used and there is no obvious or flagrant advantage over the other cars.

The keys to Senior Spec are that:
1) the cars are pretty much equal and there is no motor/battery/weight/tire advantage. That makes it a true driver's class- screw up and it will be very, very difficult to make up the lost time, and
2) it's FUN and low key/low maintenance. You should be able to go round after round without doing anything other than charging your battery. And laughing!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Hey Doc..I may try to pull off a Senior Spec car...might be tuff time wise...we'll see.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey doc, I need to talk to you about some motors for tcs. Has your email address changed?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rccardr
At our local track, we have been asking those who show up with TT01 R's and D's to "de-content" their cars in order to run in our series. That would mean removing any option not included in the permitted list of optionalia- like the graphite top brace (R) or adjustable upper arms (D).

However, for this event- since it's just one race and an exhibition one at that- we should be allowing people to enter who have kit-supplied options on their cars that are not particularly performance- enhancing. Since an R is basically a regular old TT01 with a little bling, I would be fine with it as long as the stock gearing (61 spur- that's the white one- and a 19 tooth pinion) is used and there is no obvious or flagrant advantage over the other cars.

The keys to Senior Spec are that:
1) the cars are pretty much equal and there is no motor/battery/weight/tire advantage. That makes it a true driver's class- screw up and it will be very, very difficult to make up the lost time, and
2) it's FUN and low key/low maintenance. You should be able to go round after round without doing anything other than charging your battery. And laughing!
Okay then;
Sign me up,
Put my name on the line,
Bring me a motor and we will do just fine.
OldandSlow is ready to go this time.

Ralph Chaney, distance relative of "Lon" is ready to have a "Monster" good time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.