Like Tree34Likes

Losi LST 3XL-E

Old 09-26-2017, 03:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i personally like the wheels and really like that its a center diff truck and not a transmission
Old 09-26-2017, 03:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
Nope. Wheels and tires are new. Tires are probably between 6.75" and 7" in diameter, XXL tires are 6.75" in diameter.

The 3XLe has about 1/2" longer wheelbase. The rest of the dimensions are going to be very similar.
same size wheel hex?
Old 09-26-2017, 03:29 PM
Tech Initiate

i have so many sets of 420 tires from my xxl. hopefully they will fit on this
Old 09-26-2017, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

17mm hex on 3XLe. But it uses the same stub axles so if you have a set of 20mm hex they will bolt right up.

Wheels obviously use 17mm hex but I have no idea what style of tire bead the wheels use. It could be standard bead like 420/40 series or it could be buggy/Traxxas style. We'll have to wait until pictures appear in the parts listing for wheels and tires, if they'll even sell them separately.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
Not much can beat the Kraton for value. But the Kraton is a truggy with monster truck tires, 3XLe is a true monster truck as the chassis is not flat. Plus there's the suspension that is more ground clearance oriented. Not arguing which is better just noting the differences. Compared to other true monster trucks (EMaxx, Revo, Savage, etc) the value is there for the 3XLe.

EC5 are good connectors and you can use others if you don't use the mount. Might be able to get other connectors in the mount as well.

The servo is slow, but compared to other large scale servos its not all that slow. Plus you don't notice servo speed as much on the steering. You do notice torque and any slop, especially with a sloppy servo saver. This is a tough large scale servo so you can run a tight servo saver (compared to standard servo) and still have it feel strong and reasonably quick. Plus the servos ratings are at 6v, put a $20 external bec on it cranked to 7v and I'm sure the speed drops down to .18 or .19 besides the increase in torque.

I would have to say that the 3XLe is very much truggy based. It only has a small kink in the chassis to raise it up a bit, so I think it's fair to compare it to a Kraton. You can always set up the Kraton shocks to provide more ground clearance and travel too. Losi is comparing it to the overpriced and under-durable X-Maxx so no wonder it looks like a "good deal". I do think this truck will be pretty nice, but I really hate seeing manufacturers pushing the boundaries of how much they can charge with every new release.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Actually the x-maxx 8s is one of the few good larger trucks from traxxas. The industry is bad though, fewer and fewer are releasing kits. Only tekno does it and they are hard core in terms of quality and durability. The rest are aimed towards kids and casual dads.

If we look at the development, it has gone from hobby to toys lately because they sell you a complete package. In the old days it was not like that you basically bought rollers and then added the components that would suit you the best.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

Losi branding= higher price. I suspect the price will come down over the next year or so.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

If it survives over the next years, rumors say traxxas are happy to sue all competition due to waving sales, specially with the first gen x-maxx.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by norco kid View Post
I would have to say that the 3XLe is very much truggy based. It only has a small kink in the chassis to raise it up a bit, so I think it's fair to compare it to a Kraton. You can always set up the Kraton shocks to provide more ground clearance and travel too. Losi is comparing it to the overpriced and under-durable X-Maxx so no wonder it looks like a "good deal". I do think this truck will be pretty nice, but I really hate seeing manufacturers pushing the boundaries of how much they can charge with every new release.
the original xxl was 600 back in the day so 700 isnt really a stretch. even the e-revo and e-maxx was like 600 so this price point isnt really new
Old 09-27-2017, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xxlegacyxx View Post
the original xxl was 600 back in the day so 700 isnt really a stretch. even the e-revo and e-maxx was like 600 so this price point isnt really new
Yea, Emaxx and Erevo, waaaay overpriced. Which is the exact reason the Kraton sells so well. You wanna pay $600+ dollars for a Suxass that breaks driveshafts and diff gears constantly when running 6s. Or pay $450 for a Kraton that occasionally breaks driveshafts or diff gears when running 6s. Notice I'm not saying the Kraton is bulletproof because it's not. It's just far better and cheaper than the Suxass Revo or Emaxx.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Traxxas rules and everything else drools. If traxxas made 1:1 cars it would be all I would drive, if I could afford one.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Traxxas rules and everything else drools. If traxxas made 1:1 cars it would be all I would drive, if I could afford one.
1:1 traxxas ? plastic car ?
if you want a 1:1 plastic car, citroen made it 50 years ago.
check out this beauty ! full plastic body ! traxxas should fill a lawsuit against them, don't you think ?

Dave_S likes this.

Last edited by werner sline; 09-28-2017 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:19 AM
Tech Champion

I think in racing, where you need rules and classifications for fairness in competition, OK, A is A and B is B. But the whole point of bashing is NO RULES. Do what you want. I always see this talk about "true MT's",usually attributing WAY too much importance to ground clearance, and I just think it's a waste of time and basically totally irrelevant, if what you really care about is going out and thrashing your RC car... But you always see guys insisting that a so-called "true MT" with its supposed higher ground clearance will outperform a..... MT4 G3, Kraton, or whatever. Cuz let's face it, a Kraton will outperform basically any "true MT" in virtually every category. I'm not saying that trucks like the LST's don't have their place - they do. I love my LST2's... I just don't think the insistence on categorization - or ground clearance - matters in the least.

And no offense to you either..
Old 09-28-2017, 02:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FLDan View Post
Losi branding= higher price. I suspect the price will come down over the next year or so.
Not in Europe. Horizon has lost the plot re pricing over here. We need Hobbyking to get more serious about cars. I bought all my planes there this year...

I don't have great hope or faith on Horizon anymore.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

I realize Losi has been under Horizon for the past 15+ years (I think). But yeah, they are definitely not the same company anymore. Would hate to see them go the same way as you know who...but I fear it's inevitable...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.