Like Tree34Likes

Losi LST 3XL-E

Old 09-18-2017, 12:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by knh208 View Post
Looks like the details of a LSD. Springs on the cross-shaft pushing the spider gears against a friction material.
here is a description of the center LSD(limited Slip differential) from losi site

"LSD Center Differential

The 3XL-E utilizes a limited slip center differential that effortlessly provides power to all 4-wheels. Punch the throttle and the LSD locks up to provide full-power to all 4 wheels for extreme acceleration."
Old 09-18-2017, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Does the motor look like a castle manufactured motor? To me it looks like a leopard motor with a "special" heatsink-can. But then again the Fuze has 3 bolts on the front cover which is similar to the castle 2200kv.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

The ESC is made by HW, and I believe the motors are Leopard units. All quality stuff.

Originally Posted by grabbem88 View Post
I thought dynamite fuze was owned by spektrum?
Dynamite Fuze and Spektrum are both brands owned by Horizon Hobby, they have probably dozens of different brands under their umbrella.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does this run the same wheels and tires as the xxl?
Old 09-25-2017, 01:48 PM
Tech Initiate

really want to see one next to an xxl to see the size of it
Old 09-26-2017, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Looks like a pretty good truck but I just watched the horizon announcement video and it absolutely sickened me. Those guys pumping it up like it's the greatest thing ever made and that $700 is a screaming deal lol. The body/wheels are gross and the fact that they force the ec5 plugs on you is a let down IMO. The large scale servo is a good idea but .216 transit time is ridiculously slow. I always loved the way the LST jumped with those massive shocks and it's probably a decent truck for sure but value wise I can't see picking this over a Kraton for $200 less.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

What on earth is wrong with ec5? I like the body.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

you still have a choice to use different plugs other than ec5, just don't fix them on the plug mounts.

I think the body just needs another paint color other than white, I like unique things maybe that's why.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxlegacyxx View Post
does this run the same wheels and tires as the xxl?
Nope. Wheels and tires are new. Tires are probably between 6.75" and 7" in diameter, XXL tires are 6.75" in diameter.

Originally Posted by xxlegacyxx View Post
really want to see one next to an xxl to see the size of it
The 3XLe has about 1/2" longer wheelbase. The rest of the dimensions are going to be very similar.
Eryx likes this.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by norco kid View Post
Looks like a pretty good truck but I just watched the horizon announcement video and it absolutely sickened me. Those guys pumping it up like it's the greatest thing ever made and that $700 is a screaming deal lol. The body/wheels are gross and the fact that they force the ec5 plugs on you is a let down IMO. The large scale servo is a good idea but .216 transit time is ridiculously slow. I always loved the way the LST jumped with those massive shocks and it's probably a decent truck for sure but value wise I can't see picking this over a Kraton for $200 less.
Not much can beat the Kraton for value. But the Kraton is a truggy with monster truck tires, 3XLe is a true monster truck as the chassis is not flat. Plus there's the suspension that is more ground clearance oriented. Not arguing which is better just noting the differences. Compared to other true monster trucks (EMaxx, Revo, Savage, etc) the value is there for the 3XLe.

EC5 are good connectors and you can use others if you don't use the mount. Might be able to get other connectors in the mount as well.

The servo is slow, but compared to other large scale servos its not all that slow. Plus you don't notice servo speed as much on the steering. You do notice torque and any slop, especially with a sloppy servo saver. This is a tough large scale servo so you can run a tight servo saver (compared to standard servo) and still have it feel strong and reasonably quick. Plus the servos ratings are at 6v, put a $20 external bec on it cranked to 7v and I'm sure the speed drops down to .18 or .19 besides the increase in torque.
Eryx likes this.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

FWIW I think talk of "true" monster trucks is kind of meaningless. Trucks are about how you use them, not classify them according to other people's conceptions. A Kraton is plenty monstery if you're blasting around off-road, flipping off ramps, etc. It can just be a truggy too - on a track... Semantics...

That said, this thing is different. It's hideously ugly, but at least they did something new.

(I thought that about the LST2 and 8ight-T 2.0 bodies too at first, but grew to like them, so who knows...)
Old 09-26-2017, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Servos that can hold there position and not over heat plus being waterproof is kinda impressive. You can't have both speed and torque one will always have a trade off.

I use spektrum 6280's and wish that's what they used because this truck is not much bigger than my lst's and that 1/6 scale servo is an "it'll" get by for rtr type of servo...

Funny thing is none of my builds or any rig for that matter has a stock servo still in it lol.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Spektrum S904 490oz .216 transit @6v

Bear in mind the transit speed is while the servo is unloaded and the torque rating is actually how much torque it takes to stall the servo. Now take a 300oz .17 transit time servo. The transit time is also unloaded and it stalls with less torque. Well most people recommend at least 200-250oz for a 1/8 MT so let's put a 200oz load on both of these servos. Obviously neither are going to move as fast as their ratings but the S904 has 190oz to go before it will stall and is going to transit a lot closer to its transit speed rating than the 300oz servo. How much will each slow down? Who knows, but the difference may not be as great as you'd expect.

I just don't get all the disapproval of the servo. I had a 20+lb 1/6 FG MT gasser (much bigger and heavier tires than this) with a single cheap Hitec in it. I forget the ratings but it was way less than 490oz and I swore that I'd need two of them. Well that thing swung the tires at a stop just fine and I never thought it was slow either, so I returned the 2nd one. For all those converting to this chasssis there are plenty of servo options under $100 as well.

And then there's the new buggy/truggy style servo saver on the 3XLe. Ask anyone who has done the "no servo saver mod" on a LST and they'll tell you getting rid of the slop was more of an improvement than the upgraded servo. The buggy/truggy style servo saver is much tighter and can be adjusted even tighter than what you're used to because the servo is tougher than standard size servos. In my opinion I think it's going to be good and I'm a servo snob.

Last edited by Overdriven; 09-26-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Roller chassis or nothing. I disslike the RTR trend among all companies. How many enthusiasts will keep the electronics and wheels for example or even the body?
Old 09-26-2017, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
FWIW I think talk of "true" monster trucks is kind of meaningless. Trucks are about how you use them, not classify them according to other people's conceptions. A Kraton is plenty monstery if you're blasting around off-road, flipping off ramps, etc. It can just be a truggy too - on a track... Semantics...

That said, this thing is different. It's hideously ugly, but at least they did something new.

(I thought that about the LST2 and 8ight-T 2.0 bodies too at first, but grew to like them, so who knows...)
So if I put something like 1.9 scaler tires on a touring car, a Ferrari body and go blasting off-road, flip off some ramps, it's a monster truck? Lol. I'm thinking it's still a touring car just with off road tires. If we were talking real cars that's what it would be. Just like there's a big difference between real monster trucks and Trophy trucks.

Come on man, there are classifications of vehicles. And I think it helps more than it hurts. If someone said "I'm looking at an EMaxx to bash and race my buddy's Kraton. I really want to beat him" you wouldn't say get it or a Monster truck. You'd say get a truggy with MT tires.

Btw don't take this to seriously, just friendly discussion. I also had to let the cab forward truggy bodies grow on me, now I kinda like them. I like the 3XLe body from certain angles, others it'll have to grow on me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.