Like Tree7Likes

Monster Fight! Hobao vs Tekno

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 10:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Monster Fight! Hobao vs Tekno

Hello again RC monsters,

Hobao vs Tekno

I am very close to buying my next kit and would like to hear from some experienced owners. Both would be purchased new in kit form and would be built with my chosen parts:

Tekno MT410 kit for $834 brand new with my chosen parts

OR

HoBao Racing 1/8 Hyper MTE Sport Plus kit for $610 (comes with wheels/tires and a body)

Thanks again,

MP
Old 08-29-2017, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

man you can't compair them !

the hobao is a monster truck like the HPI savage. no center diff. big 185mm tires !

the MT410 is a truggy, with a short wheelbase and a center diff. it has a low center of gravity thanks to a flat chassis. tires is up to you !

what are searching for ? on what kind of ground do you bash ?
Old 08-29-2017, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

did you see this video ?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aqLsoKpELuo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
MongolPete likes this.

Last edited by werner sline; 08-30-2017 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi werner,

Thanks for the reply. I run on mostly grass and dirt, which will soon be frozen over. I prefer the taller stance and ground clearance of a monster truck. I know the tekno has a very low chassis, but my plan is to run it with proline 3.8 mashers, which would lift it up to a good ground clearance I think.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:48 AM
Tech Initiate

From that video, the habao looks like a mess. Get the mt410. Love mine
MongolPete likes this.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sherman Tank vs Dodge Dakota....,your choice
MongolPete likes this.
Old 09-02-2017, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

I would say get the tekno MT because it is more modern in design.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FunnieKid
I would say get the tekno MT because it is more modern in design.
it's not about being modern.
it's about making the truck sit high above the chassis. it looks better with a twin vertical plate design like the hobao or HPI savage
if you use a lower and wide truggy chassis like the MT410, you have to put the body very low.
it's 2 different philosophy. none is the best !

the HPI savage has a nice career
Old 09-02-2017, 06:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the replies.

That's it werner! That is exactly why I have not been able to just go with the Tekno, or even with the Kraton or Outcast, like so many have recommended. The low, wide truggy look is not what I think a MT should look like, and I don't like it. I am sure it handles great and can race and flip, but can it run over things like a MT? Anyway, they don't have that tall look and high ground clearance that I like. It is the same thing with 1/8 buggies, which many say make the best bashers. In my limited experience, I can't imagine a low-sitting buggy plowing through grass or rough stuff the way a high MT could. Am I wrong? I do like the look of 1/8 buggies though.
Old 09-02-2017, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

The only thing I disslike about the mt410 is the short wheel base, but it can possible be extended?
Old 09-02-2017, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MongolPete
Thanks for the replies.

That's it werner! That is exactly why I have not been able to just go with the Tekno, or even with the Kraton or Outcast, like so many have recommended. The low, wide truggy look is not what I think a MT should look like, and I don't like it. I am sure it handles great and can race and flip, but can it run over things like a MT? Anyway, they don't have that tall look and high ground clearance that I like. It is the same thing with 1/8 buggies, which many say make the best bashers. In my limited experience, I can't imagine a low-sitting buggy plowing through grass or rough stuff the way a high MT could. Am I wrong? I do like the look of 1/8 buggies though.
Who said buggies make the best bashers? Truggies do.

Would you rather have a flat chassis that glides over rocks and debris or a HCG raised chassis that gets hung up and flips. Do you want to take the walk of shame? I know I'd rather not. So yes, Truggies can go over the rough stuff even better than an HPI savage, Hobao MT, etc.

And that "look", can be easily achieved with the right sized tires. They don't have to be huge, just proportional to the body size.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by FunnieKid
The only thing I disslike about the mt410 is the short wheel base, but it can possible be extended?
Yes, it's called the ET48. The MT410 is just an ET48 with a shorter chassis.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by noel02
Who said buggies make the best bashers? Truggies do.

Would you rather have a flat chassis that glides over rocks and debris or a HCG raised chassis that gets hung up and flips. Do you want to take the walk of shame? I know I'd rather not. So yes, Truggies can go over the rough stuff even better than an HPI savage, Hobao MT, etc.

And that "look", can be easily achieved with the right sized tires. They don't have to be huge, just proportional to the body size.
it's true that the higher center of gravity will make it flip more often. but even with bigger tires, a monster-truggy will always look low

hey Pete, did you see this one ? this thunder tiger is the monster-truggy that look the most like a monster truck. tires are 175mm diameter.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TsldCcy6bUM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

also check this one out. too bad JANG for URC doesn't make RC videos any more...
he said good things !

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rqcWBcHU-n8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This is an ET48 with MX38's and a truck body. Doesn't look like a race truggy anymore does it? This is not my truck, just pics I stole from the Internet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.