R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   LST xxl (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/990261-lst-xxl.html)

Gregw1 06-17-2017 12:05 PM

LST xxl

Hi guys. I'm excited I ordered a slipper clutch / pads bagged from dollar hobbies And new clutch bell and bearings and from losing parts house I ordered foc transmission , a screw kit and wing for my LST xxl. I'm currently retiring the lrp. 28 and gonna break in the 454. Any way my question is. Where can I find steel spur gears for the LST xxl? Do they even make them?

Herrsavage 06-17-2017 12:13 PM

You don't want them. Plastic is fine. Steel will just lead to other broken stuff.

They used to make tini coated gears, but they were way expensive and unnecessary.

Gregw1 06-17-2017 12:25 PM

Spur gears

Thank man , I always use to have savages and they needed a metal spur. But ya u must b right cuz I put a whole gallon through my second hand lrp.28 and those gears r still awesome. I hit a stump last week and the slide carb jammed shut lol. Any way decided to just try the new 454 I have

Herrsavage 06-17-2017 12:32 PM

Same here with the Savages. Steel for them, plastic for LST's...

Tzicul 06-18-2017 02:58 AM

I'm doing the exact opposite, my 454 is done and I bought the new LRP .28 spec 4, can't wait to break it in next weekend.
Regarding the tini coated spurs, I'm running those without an issue, although they are a little chipped, but it wasn't their fault, they chipped because of clutch bearing failure. Now I have EZO bearings for like two years and they are still like new. I agree with Herrsavage about the spurs being overpriced, but I've got mine for a steal, otherwise I don't think I would have bought them.

Herrsavage 06-18-2017 07:39 AM

I've been out of the loop for a while. I didn't know they had a Spec 4 .28. Just quickly read a description, and it looks like the main difference is a carb designed for better idling, which is pretty much the only thing the older Spec 3/454 was not that great at. Everybody tunes differently, but I always found that those engines had awesome performance for the money, but they had to be tuned in such a way that the idle wasn't that stable. So I always had to blip them a bit. I wonder if the Spec 4 has kept the same awesome top end though..

I'm out of cars for the time being, nitro especially, and more into flying. But I like to keep up. My two LST2's are pretty old and beat up unfortunately, and other life priorities these days means I'm not going to be buying any more €500+ RC cars.. Here and there a €150-250 plane or MR, maybe..

Herrsavage 06-18-2017 12:24 PM

Just read more.. 6+1 ports?

Tzicul 06-19-2017 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Herrsavage (Post 14955344)
Just read more.. 6+1 ports?

This is what they are saying. When I will receive it I will disassemble it completely and can I take some pictures, if you want.

Herrsavage 06-19-2017 10:23 AM

Not necessary. I'd rather hear how break-in goes,tuning, etc.., and see some video once it's broken in at WOT.. ;)

Tzicul 06-20-2017 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Herrsavage (Post 14956087)
Not necessary. I'd rather hear how break-in goes,tuning, etc.., and see some video once it's broken in at WOT.. ;)

Will do, but probably on a new (or existing) .28 spec 4 thread.

Gregw1 09-08-2017 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tzicul (Post 14955098)
I'm doing the exact opposite, my 454 is done and I bought the new LRP .28 spec 4, can't wait to break it in next weekend.
Regarding the tini coated spurs, I'm running those without an issue, although they are a little chipped, but it wasn't their fault, they chipped because of clutch bearing failure. Now I have EZO bearings for like two years and they are still like new. I agree with Herrsavage about the spurs being overpriced, but I've got mine for a steal, otherwise I don't think I would have bought them.

Hey brother how's that lrp .28 spec 4? I might pick 1 up soon

Tzicul 09-10-2017 04:55 AM

It's doing just fine, though I don't think I've got the most of it, it is still pretty rich on LSN. It still never popped a wheelie, not that this is a purpose by itself, but more of an indicator of the low speed power/torque. Hopefully next week I'll take a video at WOT, as Herrsavage wants :). Unfortunately, most probably I'll be alone, as I lost my son to computer games :flaming:, so it will not be easy to shot it by myself, but O'll try my best

LE: What the hell means FOC??? I saw this acronym in a few threads I really don't get it!

Herrsavage 09-11-2017 10:39 PM

Forward only conversion - for the transmission.

What plug and fuel are you running?

Tzicul 09-12-2017 02:14 AM

Thanks!
I'm using HPI fuel and/or Merlin, 25%. The glow plug I'm mainly use is LRP R5, as LRP recommends, and/or OS R5 and #8

Tzicul 09-18-2017 10:26 AM

You can check out here more about LRP .28 Spec 4
http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...l#post14984652