Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Bling, but strength

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

EG1:

Your Savage looks very well protected! Can you run a truck body with that arrangement?
Old 01-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

EG1: sweet ride! Do you have a screenname on Savage-Central?

While we're showing Savage pics to demonstrate some of the parts we're talking about, here's a couple pics of my new truck. Casey wanted my hopped LST, and I wanted a Savage decked out in TT parts. So here's what I traded my LST for:

Twisted Toys parts: 1.5" extended LCG TVPs (7075 AL), skid plate, rock rings, half-back cage, battery relocation box mounting bracket.

Needless to say, Casey treated me well! It's got some other sweet mods on it, too, but they don't apply to the topic in this thread.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yall got some sweet @$$ rides... What kind of Wheels/Tires you run'n? I am on the hunt for some new rims and that is kinda what I am looking for?
Old 01-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bcane98
Yall got some sweet @$$ rides... What kind of Wheels/Tires you run'n? I am on the hunt for some new rims and that is kinda what I am looking for?
Thanks man!

I'm running Losi Zombie Maxx tires on black Maximizer X-75 wheels with Twisted Toys rock rings.

EG1 is running the Savage GT tires.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SeattleRCer
Yeah, almost everything I've heard about FLM has been good, too. A friend of mine has his whole Savage decked out in their stuff, and he swears by it.
If you are talking about me yes I love the stuff. If you are all basher and "bling" has no apeal to you get TT TVP's, Cage, Skid, etc. OR if you want some arms tha are Guarentied for life gets some FLM arms. With that stuff your truck is bullet proof.(basicaly )
Old 01-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SavageGoZoom
If you are talking about me yes I love the stuff.
Hey Nick! Yep, I was talking about you! It's good to have you on RCTech! Post a couple pics of your truck so bcane98 and everyone else can see what a fully FLM-decked out Savage looks like. It's pretty sweet. If anyone has any questions about FLM, Nick can probably answer them. He's not employed by FLM, but he might as well be paid for all the advertising he does for them!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:42 PM
EG1
Tech Regular

I'm Trial-User on SC. The stock tire setup sucks honestly because the foams are a joke. I have some trinity MT stiff foams on order along with some x-75 offset beadlocks which will be used with the stock GT1 tires.

If it cools down later today I'm going to take my truck to the bmx track nearbye. It looks so much better being an inch longer, fits the truck better and I can't wait to see the handling difference.

Like I stated in other threads, alloy is good for diff cups & housings and thats it. The stock plastic is the best material for arms, towers ect... the poor truck is heavy enough.

Body on:
Old 01-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

School me on this one boyz... FLM?

Does Twisted Toys have a website? No luck Googling it...

My Savvy is in pieces right now awaiting upgrades. So far I cleaned the F/R Diff's. Refilled the front with Mugen 50K, was running 5K, and awaiting rear bevel gears. My spinning/grinding noise was 3 or 4 bevels in the rear. Always refill diff's when buying used. Next to come in the mail should be 3 speed tranny and 48/16T SG and CB.

Income Taxes should pay next week, so Momma will be happy and I can buy some upgrades... Contmeplating putting an STS .28 in my Savvy instead of buying an LST2

I would love to see your ride SavageGoZoom, heck I would love to see some more rides posted in here... Hey we should rename the thread Pimp My Remote Ride!!! (cricket sounds)
Old 01-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

School me on this one boyz... FLM?
FLM --> Fast Lane Machine. Best place to buy is here:

http://www.atomrcp.com/savageproducts.html

Does Twisted Toys have a website? No luck Googling it...
http://www.twisted-toys.net/

Right now the "Products Page" says things are back ordered or temporarily out of stock. Your best bet is to email him to find out what exactly is available. I think he's in the process of stocking up again.

Income Taxes should pay next week, so Momma will be happy and I can buy some upgrades... Contmeplating putting an STS .28 in my Savvy instead of buying an LST2

I would love to see your ride SavageGoZoom, heck I would love to see some more rides posted in here... Hey we should rename the thread Pimp My Remote Ride!!! (cricket sounds)
Go for the STS .28!! Just make sure your drivetrain is ready to handle the intense torque! I hear it's an incredible engine, especially for the amazing price.

You can find some pics of SavageGoZoom's truck on his website: http://www.freewebs.com/savagegozoom/savage.htm
Keep asking him, though, and maybe he'll post some new ones for us all to see! He's got a section of other cool Savages on his site, too. Enjoy!
Old 01-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

Ya Chad I am very Glad to be hear. THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Also WHATS UP Trail-User, I definatly remember you from SC

Ya if you have any FLM questions I can most likely help you out.

Also Chad I just doubled the ride height of my savage for a WBT bash sesion(hopefully 1 week after NWHE) so I will get some good pics realy soon so I can add them. Here are some old ones.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Old 01-26-2006, 07:25 PM
EG1
Tech Regular

The FLM stuff sure does look sweet!

Hey SGZ, I just signed up for this forum so I'm new here. I don't put much thought into user names, I should just stick w/ 1. doh
Old 01-27-2006, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

now that's the ultimate in shock tuneability!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
now that's the ultimate in shock tuneability!
Ya it is. Right now I have it so it bottoms out about an inch and a half from the ground