R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   Crawler tube chassis (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/96830-crawler-tube-chassis.html)

lastresort 01-09-2006 04:09 AM

Crawler tube chassis

2 Attachment(s)
This is my crawler tube chassis project.The tubes will hold tmaxx diffs with revo axles and knuckles.The emaxx tranny has been clocked for lower CG,a gear reduction and brushless.I just got the powdercoating done and need to show someone.Check it out.

SSmoked 01-09-2006 07:46 AM

thats SWEET! be sure to keep us updated with pics, cant wait to see that thing.

1 Xtreme R/C 01-10-2006 04:14 AM

Lookin good!, Keep the Pics and updates coming.

lastresort 01-10-2006 07:58 PM

Pics

3 Attachment(s)
I got to work on putting this thing together so here are some pics

SSmoked 01-10-2006 07:59 PM

nice i lvoe those rims, i had the first set in silver. they are hott

lastresort 01-10-2006 08:22 PM

Thanks

They are the new narrow ones but I still need to take about 3/4 of an inch out of them.I need to wire up the electronics make the steering drag links and adjust everything camber caster and toe.I want to get most of that done before the end of the week the wheels will probably have to wait.I have a outrunner brushless and mamba speedo on the way and I want to try the novak 5800 out before the new stuff gets here.

SSmoked 01-11-2006 07:50 AM

yeah i had the first set they came out with, but those look great. keep the pics comming on that beast. you know you should shave some of the foam inside the tires down right? that way you can get more tire on the rock and the tires bend to the rock better making more traction.

http://tinypic.com/hs3py9.jpg

bcane98 01-14-2006 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by lastresort
This is my crawler tube chassis project.The tubes will hold tmaxx diffs with revo axles and knuckles.The emaxx tranny has been clocked for lower CG,a gear reduction and brushless.I just got the powdercoating done and need to show someone.Check it out.

Nice ride dude... When you get it finish make sure you put some vid's out there... I have never seen a RC Rock Crawler in motion... Keep on Rock'n :lol:

lastresort 01-14-2006 05:06 PM

Tires and wheels

2 Attachment(s)
I got the wheels narrowed down and the foams cut.Heres some pics.

SSmoked 01-14-2006 05:32 PM

noice!! awesome set up!!! cant wait to see this thing work, i hope you can get videos!

SSmoked 01-14-2006 05:36 PM

oh i got one more question, on your wheel adaptors did you go with the proline or the RD logics? i know its kind of late to tell you this now lol but the RD logics are better because the nut is 22mm not 23mm. and a 22mm wrench is normally easyer to find. but it doesnt matter that much they both work

ntro75 01-14-2006 08:23 PM

Thats going to be one sick truck man..cant wait to see the finished product.I hope you have a video cam so you can post its performance! :D

lastresort 01-15-2006 08:14 AM

RTR

2 Attachment(s)
I got it RTR.I have a used spur gear on the tranny that is kinda loud.The reduction worlks decent with the 2speed and novak brushless.It has decent top end to get around the yard and it has no problems crawling up the wall from a stop.I'm gonna try some gear changes and get it on the rocks.

lastresort 01-16-2006 08:01 PM

HIGH CLEARANCE STEERING LINKAGE

2 Attachment(s)
I was rubbing the link on the rocks.So I made new linkage and a mount to connect the linkage without drilling thru and weakening the links at the attachment points.Check it out.Oh yeah this thing makes my first Clod project I did with 55t lathes and what started out as a clodzilla 4 chassis look like a nylint as far as climbing.I'm gonna need more rock the 3000 lbs I have out back just won't stop the new tuber.They were fun to climb with the clod.There were spots that were hard to get thru,but now with the tube chassis its to easy.

1 Xtreme R/C 01-17-2006 01:16 AM

Lookin good! Any chance of a vid in the near future? I wana see this thing in action!!!!