Search
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LaTuFu

Grave Digger(Stampede) won't move

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Grave Digger(Stampede) won't move

My son has a stock Grave Digger that we run 2s lipo's in. Today I put in a fully charged battery, the steering works fine but the truck won't move. The ESC light is solid green, I can roll the rear tires and the motor will turn, it doesn't seem as if anything was accidently touched on the controler but nothing happens when I pull the trigger Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 01-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If you hold the truck up off the ground and give it throttle, what happens?

Any chance you can record a video with a cellphone/video camera and post it to youtube?
Old 01-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Last time that happen to my Grave Digger the Titan 12T went out. Nothing changed on controller, charged battery, pulled the trigger and the engine would barely move... Just a thought. I ended up replacing the entire setup with a Tacon/HobbyWing setup and man does it move.
Attached Thumbnails Grave Digger(Stampede) won't move-2012-01-28_21-39-09_928.jpg  
Old 01-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by LaTuFu
If you hold the truck up off the ground and give it throttle, what happens?

Any chance you can record a video with a cellphone/video camera and post it to youtube?
Absolutly nothing. No movement, no sounds, the green light on the receiver will blink but thats it. The truck only has about 10 runs in it since new. However, it has been in snow and sand on different occasions.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Silly question but this also happen to me, is the battery connection good? You might also want to try the stock 3000mah that came with to double check the connector as well as see if the esc is malfunctioning... Of course turn low-voltage off when doing so. If all works then you narrow the trouble shooting down a bit.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gman7
Absolutly nothing. No movement, no sounds, the green light on the receiver will blink but thats it. The truck only has about 10 runs in it since new. However, it has been in snow and sand on different occasions.
Check your TQ throttle trim (the radio throttle trim) and make sure it's on 0 before turning it on. Then turn the car on.

Either that or your brushes are shot, I highly doubt that but I have seen it happen before. Never know with traxxsucks
Old 01-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Yea, get the manual out. Make shure you follow the directions and recaliberate your radio to the ESC.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Contact Traxxas support. It's a brand new truck. They will walk you through a few things, and if they don't get it resolved, they'll give you an RMA number on something (motor, esc, whatever) and get you swapped out.

I've dealt with them before on a couple of things. A Tx that I broke, and a Rx that went bad for no reason I could figure out. They swapped both without any hassle.
Buckland likes this.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by LaTuFu
Contact Traxxas support. It's a brand new truck. They will walk you through a few things, and if they don't get it resolved, they'll give you an RMA number on something (motor, esc, whatever) and get you swapped out.

I've dealt with them before on a couple of things. A Tx that I broke, and a Rx that went bad for no reason I could figure out. They swapped both without any hassle.
I took the motor out and hooked it up to a D battery and nothing happened, ill call traxxas today. Thanks
Old 01-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I took the motor out and hooked it up to a D battery and nothing happened, ill call traxxas today. Thanks
Yep, brushes are SHOT.

If you want to run it, just tap the back of the motor can with a hammer. You will get a couple of more packs out of it.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by got_nitro
Yep, brushes are SHOT.

If you want to run it, just tap the back of the motor can with a hammer. You will get a couple of more packs out of it.
I tapped it with a hammer, it works for a couple of minutes but with very little power. Will call Traxxas tomorrow. Thanks guys.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Suspended

I tapped it with a hammer, it works for a couple of minutes but with very little power. Will call Traxxas tomorrow. Thanks guys.
They should send you out a new motor asap from my experience with this issue.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Grave digger won’t run ?? Problem solve on ours

the battery charger box that u plug it in to a USB port like a cell phone charging box for example will not charge that truck only gives it a little boost then it won’t move .. it has to be a charging box port that puts out 12v not 5 like most cell phone box do