Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
How long to glow plug starters charges last? >

How long to glow plug starters charges last?

How long to glow plug starters charges last?

Old 12-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default How long to glow plug starters charges last?

I have a 1600 Mah one, just wondering how long these things last, I dont want to charge it to soon and have the battery get messed up. So can someone give me a general idea on how long the charges last? I charged it for 20 hours on the first charge .
Old 12-28-2005, 01:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default i use mine alot....

it depends on how many times you start a vehicle....but i always carry 2 better safe than sorry.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by pirate252
I have a 1600 Mah one, just wondering how long these things last, I dont want to charge it to soon and have the battery get messed up. So can someone give me a general idea on how long the charges last? I charged it for 20 hours on the first charge .
i chucked the batt. that came with mine and used a 3300mah sub c from an old matched pack that had a dead cell

i charge mine on my pulsar2 and it will last about 2mo of fri. night racing.

but i will depend on how much it is used i charge mine wether it needs it or not every 2 weeks to be on the safe side,and i carry a backup that i loan out when someone asks for it
Old 01-16-2006, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I think every RCer should carry at least 2 inginters... Most probably do... I have 2 rechargables and a "Duracell" one for the backup to the backup... I think mine lasts about 2/3 weeks, but then again it all depends on how long you use...
Old 01-16-2006, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

well the ez start takes care of that problem i dont have to use one, but i still carry one anyway just in case. i hardley ever charge mine because i hardley ever use it. so i deff would think about a spar, last thing you want is have a dead glow plug starter to ruinin your day of driving