Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
newest hobao monster truck : hobao hyper MT plus >

newest hobao monster truck : hobao hyper MT plus

Like Tree16Likes

newest hobao monster truck : hobao hyper MT plus

Old 09-28-2018, 12:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by werner sline
thank you man ! i hope you're happy of your choice ! hte hyper mt is a good RC ; not perfect, but there is no perfect RC !!

The coolest part of RC is to try various cars : i bought the cen reeper and it was a blast : i hope hobao will make the same big 1/7 truck !
Most welcome Werner! Definitely enjoying the truck so far. Learnt how to do sustained wheelies on a straight. Damn fun and darn near bulletproof!

Old 09-28-2018, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TheoDR
Most welcome Werner! Definitely enjoying the truck so far. Learnt how to do sustained wheelies on a straight. Damn fun and darn near bulletproof!
cool ! any video ?
Old 03-15-2019, 06:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I saw recently that Hobao continues to address any weaknesses on this truck. Per the latest info from Tower, many of the issues have been resolved. I’m really digging this truck and want one in my collection.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
I saw recently that Hobao continues to address any weaknesses on this truck. Per the latest info from Tower, many of the issues have been resolved. I’m really digging this truck and want one in my collection.
cool ! i like hobao, it's a good little brand. too bad that some bad batch of parts happened. wait a couple of weeks, there might be some news about hobao
Old 03-15-2019, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by werner sline
cool ! i like hobao, it's a good little brand. too bad that some bad batch of parts happened. wait a couple of weeks, there might be some news about hobao
You got inside info Werner?!
Old 03-16-2019, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Micah78

You got inside info Werner?!
can't tell you more, i'm waiting too !!
Micah78 likes this.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
the diff cups look burly.
im going to get some MT-e diffs/cups and run them in my tmaxx hybrid diff cases
Old 06-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Werner... I see this thread has attracted quite a few followers since I was last here lol

My Hobao, has been fantastic. I couldn't recommend it more!
I actually bought mine as a roller for $200 back when it was not too well known. I have a friend who goes RC'ing with me and he is always talking bad about it, he really wants it to break once in a while, lol. I really can't blame him, he has an orignal Emaxx that we have completely built up and upgraded over the years but it is always breaking.

I mean aside from the Roll bar getting replaced, nothing has really been a problem since my initial upgrades, posted at around page 3-4 of this forum.

I just got the Arrma Kraton v4 because of all the hype. I haven't really gotten a chance to take it bashing very hard yet. I did take it apart to check that all screws and shims were properly set though before driving it. I have to say, I was kind of disappointed in the Diffs, at least in their size. They really seemed quite smaller then the Hobao and HPI Savage Flux HP XL. I can't imagine it lasting nearly as long with some 1/8 monster truck tires.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

well folks, the hyper mt2+ 2019 will be AWESOME ! that sounds like a fan oy : but i'm not ! the new hyper mt2+ is WAY better than the old one !

hobao improved many points like : LONG shocks, center diff, lipo placed more in the front, sturdier bumpers, sturdier body, longer suspension arms, bigger tires ...

i wish they would have improved the steering... i wished they would have kep the old lipo trays ( that's a matter of taste...)

the truck will be available july 15 , that's what hobao told me !