Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
NEW!!! Arrma Nero 6S 1/8 Monster Truck >

NEW!!! Arrma Nero 6S 1/8 Monster Truck

Like Tree9Likes

NEW!!! Arrma Nero 6S 1/8 Monster Truck

Old 06-20-2016, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If anyone is wondering what bodies will fit the ARRMA NERO. I have found that the Savage XL Bodies do.

Here is mine with a HPI GIGANTIC body for the Savage XL. I'm also going to run the 3.8 Trenchers as an alternative wheel and tire combo.

Gave the stock and HPI body a reinforcement treatment using E6000 and drywall tape. Than I sprayed a rubber sealant. Just test the waters with it. But my XMAXX took a hit on a parked car after a 44mph pass and the body is still good. No cracks. The rubber is a super thin layer that allow the body to flex and still provide protection.

Body:

Reinforcements:

Old 06-20-2016, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Turned out great. I like the yellow windows. Thanks for the share.

I tried the drywall tape method but did it wrong cause I'm put it on after I painted.

I used bed liner before with Zero success. I have a new body I'm cutting out now and hate painting so I'm going to find some of your method.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So what exactly is the process there? Paint, let dry, then reinforce? I'm a terrible body painter and I've had bad luck with all my painted bodies with paint chipping and peeling. I'm probably going to repainting a couple bodies here soon and I intend to do it correctly and make sure they last this time.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lemonader83 View Post
Here's a problem you will have with this theory...all cars have springs on the shocks. They all look the same and I could easily use an axial spring on any number of other cars. Does that make them all junk because they have a part on them that looks like an Axial product?

Axial is the fastest growing RC brand on the planet...perhaps you had a one off bad experience.

Relax man....

You relax.
Maybe you swallowed their crap. I didn't and wont.

They put out a defective rc in the yxl. Then they won't even send warrenty parts.

That's theft. They know and sell it anyway.

So you go relax.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Juicy....
Old 06-21-2016, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 47yok View Post
You relax.
Maybe you swallowed their crap. I didn't and wont.

They put out a defective rc in the yxl. Then they won't even send warrenty parts.

That's theft. They know and sell it anyway.

So you go relax.
I'm super relaxed.

I have plenty of friends with multiple yeti xl's and they all love them. Sounds like you had a bad experience, but again, one bad experience doesn't mean you should go around ripping on every brand based on what somebody on the Internet said...there are NO axial parts on the Nero.

Relax man.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

By the way, I finally broke something on run 3 of punishment. Then the same thing again on run 4. The rod ends on the shock shafts will all eventually break given the angles. Trying Revo rod ends and so far so good since. Still relaxin....lol
Old 06-21-2016, 10:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Revo rod ends. Have to look int that.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Metal One View Post
My LHS was wiring their demo model up to a Spektrum DX4 Pro on Friday. They were also installing colored LEDs that would light a different color for each diff mode. I'll stop in tomorrow to see if it worked.
Update on this. They were able to use the Spektrum TX/RX with the Nero Diff Module by using the third channel with a linear switch setting. They assigned it to a trim switch. Hold down switch, diff mode changes. Could also assign it to a knob if the radio has one.

Their LED controller has throttle, brakes and turn signals and the headlights are controlled by a light sensor. The LED colors change with the diff mode. Listen closely and you can hear the servos move when the colors change.

https://youtu.be/vOX3QIiWFUw
Old 06-21-2016, 02:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RepEvox View Post
So what exactly is the process there? Paint, let dry, then reinforce? I'm a terrible body painter and I've had bad luck with all my painted bodies with paint chipping and peeling. I'm probably going to repainting a couple bodies here soon and I intend to do it correctly and make sure they last this time.
I paint let dry, the cover with goop, press in fiberglass tape, let dry, cover with one more layer of goop, sometimes only the problem areas, it will make the body pretty heavy.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Revo rod ends. Have to look int that.
Correction, they are rod ends from a Losi ten scte. I'm going to blast on them tonight and see how they hold up...keep mind these are for the shock ends, not the camber link rods. They're a bit longer than stock, but it seems to be working fine,

Also, I cranked the springs all the way down and the ride gets VERY stiff. For me, it's great, but for some it's probably too much bounce.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lemonader83 View Post
Correction, they are rod ends from a Losi ten scte. I'm going to blast on them tonight and see how they hold up...keep mind these are for the shock ends, not the camber link rods. They're a bit longer than stock, but it seems to be working fine,

Also, I cranked the springs all the way down and the ride gets VERY stiff. For me, it's great, but for some it's probably too much bounce.
Ok. I'll keep that in mind. I did miss the part about it being for the shocks. Chance I could be running by tomorrow night. Part might be in.
I usually try to go 10 runs in box stock before adjusting anything. If another rod end fails on next run, might try cranking shicks down. The few I've let drive my vehicles over the years usually hate on stiff some of my vehicles are set.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

After a good run today my rear diff servo started buzzing pretty loud both with the diff locked and unlocked. I took the whole thing apart and noticed no binding or damage to the servo/ locking mechanism. Shot an e-mail to ARRMA and they're sending me a new servo. I'm super happy with their customer service. side note: I can't believe how small the servos are.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

My rod ends for camber links and steering links broke last night. RPM, pleeeeease?
Old 06-22-2016, 06:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

So far it looks like the only real weak spot is rod ends and shock ends. I suppose I could deal with that. I'm just waiting for Tower to get the diff brain version back in stock. My LHS has one in stock but won't hardly budge on the price. The $120 that can be saved by purchasing from Tower is a lot of money I can use towards batteries. Currently I don't have any 3 cell Lipos, just 4 and 6 cells.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.