Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Speed runs (for fun). >

Speed runs (for fun).

Speed runs (for fun).

Old 05-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Speed runs (for fun).

Grabbed a measuring tape, some paper and something to write with. Me and my buddy headed out and marked off 15 meters and used his phone as a stop watch.

Did this entirely for fun, but would like to here some others speed runs in their monster trucks.

Using my P2de (loaner truck for friends) - it has a RC Gear Shop 5400KV running stock tires and 19/86 gearing on a 2s battery.

We constantly got an average of 50mph over 20 runs.

On our second battery, we used 25/86 gearing, and we got 63mph once. Remaining runs were around 50mph as well. My road is to rough and the wind started howling. There was noway it was going to go any faster, but do feel the truck is able to squeeze a few more mph with a smoother surface.

Would like to drop in a 3s, but the only one available is rated at 20c, and last time it was hooked up it would cut power. Nonetheless, this chassis has no business going over 40mph. Doesn't feel anywhere near as solid as my Senton.

Ps. Human error was roughly + - 13% (reaction time). Usually favored in the positive direction.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:16 AM
Tech Regular

Nice! That had to be hard to control! I remember back in the day running a Trinity Chameleon 2 Hemi Pro 19T spec motor on 6S NiMH in my Stampede, and that was too much to handle