Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
New xxl2e owner >

New xxl2e owner

New xxl2e owner

Old 08-27-2016, 05:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Losi LST XXL 2e

Originally Posted by themanwithnonam
What servo(s) are you running? I don't think you will see much improvement if don't have stronger power hungry servos. I tried running a single hitec 7980 and without the bec it would make the esc flip and the motor would kick in randomly. Now I then tried two savöx servos and it almost jammed the esc at full throttle for several seconds. Actually hurt myself pretty bad grabbing the car. I was doing this indoor and was being a bit careless. With a bec that's all gone.
Had to change my ESC and I got the max6. I was wondering what Motor can I run in this truck? Xo-1 motor?
Old 08-27-2016, 05:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Losi LST XXL 2e

Originally Posted by irish177
Had to change my ESC and I got the max6. I was wondering what Motor can I run in this truck? Xo-1 motor?
Or is there another motor mount out there that would allow me to play with different motors. Thanks
Old 08-28-2016, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irish177
Or is there another motor mount out there that would allow me to play with different motors. Thanks
Don't take this the wrong way Irish, but this has been discussed many times before in response to your own questions. And in many different threads, just about every XXL2e related thread in this section! The answer remains the same, no XXL2e specific mounts, there's only LST mounts that require a nitro/gas main chassis plate and side rails.

If you don't want to go through that conversion contact rc-monster about making a XXL2e specific mount. The XXL2e isn't that different so it's probably just a few minor changes (the chassis mounting pattern and maybe a slight change to the base) to the mount he currently offers. But he'll need the main chassis plate with everything on it to verify fitment. Idk what he'd charge but I'd think it would at least be discounted since you're sending your vehicle to him to do prototyping for a product he can sell. Just be sure to tell him you want the mount to be able to fit a 1717, not sure if the current mount is tall enough for a 1717.

Beyond that, keep waiting for someone to make a XXL2e specific mount or make your own. Get some 3-4mm thick aluminum "L" and start cutting and drilling. Took me 20min to make mine, another 10min to make it pretty with rounded edges and such.

Last edited by Overdriven; 08-28-2016 at 08:49 AM.