Offical Mini LST Thread (I hope)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offical Mini LST Thread (I hope)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

My friend says to stay away because they aren't built well.

Have you guys found any problems? Especially after outdoor running with a lot of top end?
Old 11-30-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

I haven't any problems with mine, I talked to a Losi rep at my LHS, and got the new wheel hexes (some that came with truck where warped). And I chipped the chrome on the rim, but that bond to happen when you bash, not many chromes take bashing that well. And now I starting to see hop-ups parts for Mini-LST by other manufacturers besides Losi. SO I guess I would say I ahven't had any trouble with my Mini-LST.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:55 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The only part my friends have with the 2 trucks they have is that they break the rims since they are spoke and not alot of material by the hex. They broke 2 centers of the rims so far and thats the only problem they are having. Everything else works great at this time. The trucks are box stock.

I ran one when my shop got them in and I was impressed with how they run for only 200 bucks and what comes with the truck.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

The only problems I'm having is my LHS doesnt have any parts for it yet, and supposedly losi is all backordered on mlst parts.

As for this truck not being built well and all that crap, people say that ish every time they see a losi truck. I've read a couple sites' coverage of the mlst and they are saying its quite possibly the best mini out there right now.

Every truck is always gonna have stupid little parts that break.. they are designed to do so and thats how manufacturers make their money. So far, the mlst's parts that break are easily fixed or remedied. Especially the wheels, why would you keep buying the same wheels that are gonna break when you can convert them to touring car wheels that are more redely available for dirt cheap!

-Brandon
Old 11-30-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech Initiate

The only real problems I have with the truck is short runtime and ballcaps popping off. I am only getting approximately 10 minutes of runtime outdoors on gravel and a little grass (but I try to stay out of the grass). And I have had a couple of instances where the ball caps have popped off.

The wheels on mine are pretty wobbly but I understand that can be fixed pretty easy with new hexes so I'm not too worried about that

Other than the above mentioned problems this thing is a blast. It's got a lot of punch with freshly charged batteries and handles very well. It's a little top heavy but what monster truck isn't???
Old 12-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

Some interesting news about the Mini LST, I found out today. Protoform is releaseing a X-citer body for the Mini LST, and Pro-line is releasing a line of tires and rims in December for the Mini LST.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

i hope more after market manufacturers support the mlst.

I just ordered mine and will recieve it by next week. keeping my fingers crossed, i hope ill get one with less bugs, lol. I just cant resist, I need to own at least one micro or - 1/18th scale. i'll update you guys if the one I'll get has the same ol' problems.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

This thing was more fun than I even imagined!! I will post video later. My LHS said they are selling 2 or 3 a day.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

lol. that mlst looks cute at the back of its big brother. post the vid when its ready 2Dmax.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Here it is......

Video: My first couple of runs with the Mini-LST
Old 12-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

Hey 2D. That is one nice vid. You gave that mlst a good workout. I think its a little harsh for the trucks' scale, lol .

How did you run it? was it stock (everything)? how long was your run time? any broken part report?

Your vid just shows I didnt made a mistake ordering this truck. Now I cant wait for it to arrive!
Old 12-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

That was a great video, you definately gave the MLST a good workout, I did the same at a construction site, with the same tough results. The MLST is woth the money for sure!
Old 12-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

I literally took it out of the box and charged the batteries, that was it. When I got home I was running it in the house and realized I had the steering turned way down. I was very impressed with what the little guy can do!!
Old 12-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

That looks pretty cool 2d you certainly bashed that about a bit.

You smacked that kerb pretty hard did you do any damage to it ?

It looks quit a solid little thing though realy sweet.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ahhhhhhhhh, i can't decide!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.