Cant decide on which monster to get.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cant decide on which monster to get.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Cant decide on which monster to get.

Im sellin off a few of my cars so i have one dedicated for racing. which is my factory team associated rc8.2e, and one just for general bashing. My problem is I cant decide from the 3 i have narrowed it down too, and all are rtr and have found them all for 500 or less.

1.Kyosho psycho krusier-seems like its just a truggy and i want something I know has plenty of ground clearance. very nice truck as most kyosho 1/8 products are. beefy build and nice electronics. I could see swapping the tires for some bigger ones, and it would probablly perform better on the track than the other ones

2.thunder tiger- I have multiple choices here, but it seems the MT4 G3 and the new K-Rock MT4 are the two best choices. the G3 for its proven track record, and the new k-rock, which is the only one that has the aluminum brace rods from the factory, as that was one of the few known problems with them, but from the pics it does seem to have plastic shocks. But what about the e-MTA Kaiser. it looks beefy and has aluminum shocks. what im tring to figure out is what are the biggest differences between the mt4 platforms and the e-MTA. thanks guys and plz correct me if any info is wrong.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I've never done much looking into any of your choices, especially all the different Thunder Tiger offerings. I don't know why they need all the variations on the same theme. And they are all basically the same, flat truggy chassis with Monster Truck size tires.

I'd base my descision not just on looks and track record but also parts availability. Kyosho has been weird with their distribution in the past (IDK about their current availability) and Thunder Tiger's presence in the US has always been up and down. With nothing on Tower and little on Amain it seems TT is definitely on a down swing for US distribution right now. There are other RTR truggies and monster truggies out there with better parts distribution that might be worth considering.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

Arrma Kraton..

There are differences among the TT trucks. Some (I don't know which by name with the new ones..) are based on the ST-1 truggy, like the MT4 G3, wheras the E-MTA is based off the old MGT/MTA-4. So completely different chassis'. I would prefer the truggy style flat chassis because they're simpler, which means more reliable, and easier to work on when necessary.

But yeah, depends on availability. In the US I would get the Kraton probably.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Im actually selling an arrma talion and a brushless ecx torment, just want somethin different that I can use as an all around basher, slight racer. I already have my full team RC8.2e thats my dedicated racer.By the way, is there a for sale section on here? I looked and couldnt find one.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

found the for sale section, lol.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you already have the Talion then just bash that. Get some MT tires for it and have at it! There is pretty much no real difference between the Kraton, Talion, MT4, Physco Kruiser,....... They are all truggies. The Thunder Tiger should be avoided. I have one and I can't find parts for it. Sure I can get stuff from EBay chop shops,but that's about it which is bull shit. Currently I need the rear gearcase which should be a cheap $10 part. Only way to get it is to buy the whole rear assembly from a chop shop. Thunder Tiger is a huge company and I just don't understand why there stuff is not available anymore. I don't know if it's the new disributors fault or TT.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:33 AM
Tech Champion

The diff cases should be the same across about 10 different TT models.. Dime a dozen in Europe. Doesn't help you much I know..

But yes, no reason to get an MT4 G3 over a kraton IMO.. Too similar.

For an all around basher though a Kraton is what I would get. Or as stated put bigger tires on the Talion. Maybe kit it out with a nice servo etc..
Old 01-28-2016, 09:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

well, just for the heck of things, im going to get the pyscho krusier. Found em for 399.99. I remember they were like 65o when they came out also, i like kyosho's legendary build quality and its pretty much ready to go, just maybe some bigger tires for bashng. Im lettin the arrma go cuz the metals on it are to soft, ive striped at least 4 or 5 screws on it, and i had to replace the electronics from the get go. So, sell the talion for 400 and break even with a new toy thats seems to have better build materials and electronics. not a bad plan huh?
Old 01-28-2016, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I don't doubt Kyosho's build quality, but the parts availability should scare you. If you want a monster truck, not a truggy with monster tires, then look into the XXL2e or savage.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ive owned kyosho buggies, and they were all just about bombproof, I don like the savage cuz it can be a pain to wrench on, but none the less a hell of a truck, and ive never done losi. I love associated but they dont make somethin like this, just thier comp truggy, and i just want somethin diffferent. seems like itll be a good all rounder. and for 400 bucks brand spankin new, ima give it a whirl.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cullyboy87
Ive owned kyosho buggies, and they were all just about bombproof, I don like the savage cuz it can be a pain to wrench on, but none the less a hell of a truck, and ive never done losi. I love associated but they dont make somethin like this, just thier comp truggy, and i just want somethin diffferent. seems like itll be a good all rounder. and for 400 bucks brand spankin new, ima give it a whirl.
Sounds like a good plan. I always liked the Psyco Kruiser but didn't like the price. Finding it for $400 is pretty awesome. The only part of your plan that I don't think is gonna happen is selling your Talion for $400. You can buy a brand new Talion for $380 online.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cullyboy87

There is this from associated

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../ascd0510.html
Old 01-28-2016, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

To the OP , is $400 your price cap ?
Old 01-29-2016, 08:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

500 is my price cap. and yeah I know that you can get a new talion for around 400, but not with a mm2 system and hitec servo.might just throw the original stuff back in it and sell for 300.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Im just wantin to try something i havent had before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.