Like Tree49Likes

Traxxas X-Maxx

Old 10-30-2015, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This looks like another excellent opportunity to use the Easy Pay system at Tower Hobbies so that when my wife asks, "How much did THAT cost you?", I can honestly say, "$250". I just won't be telling her about the next two payments I still have to make!

Plus spares...

And upgrades...
Old 10-30-2015, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

For the price of the truck plus batteries and a charger you could be in gas and run twice as long!
Old 10-30-2015, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

this isnt a truck for people that don't have batteries and chargers. We're talking 10mins run time on a pair of 5k mah tops most likely. gas is also a whole other ordeal, noise, fuel, plugs, tuning etc. personally the noise would be the only problem for me. I have 6 acres to run on, but my dogs raise hell at loud things.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
Not trying to disprove any of what you've said, just discussing and providing my opinion on it. There's a lot we don't know yet too, when I get a chance I'll be taking a look at the exploded views if they're available to learn more.
Haha I know

Being a traxxas it will probably just force the aftermarket-parts manufacturers to make things that fit!

Still not with you on the 6s part tho. My savage XL is almost 6kg with batteries, this one is like 2,5kg more without batteries(i suppose), and will probably need at least 5000mah if not more... I'd say 7s at least (diffs look big enough to handle it). Also depends a lot on how much power and top speed you want, of course. For bashers I prefer as much as possible without too many things breaking..
Old 10-31-2015, 05:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
For the price of the truck plus batteries and a charger you could be in gas and run twice as long!
We electric owners are well aware of this. For where I live, fuel RC is not really an option. Noise ordinance, if it can be heard 100ft away then it's problem. Tried owning a nitro couple times. Second run got complained about. Police just told me to stop.
Runtime will interesting to find out. My Baja flux gets 18 minutes on 8s. 15-20 is what I'm expecting.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Curious to see how this actually pans out. its about time Traxxas brought out something new, as opposed to just rehashing old designs. Time will tell, but I have no doubt all the current Traxxas aftermarket companies will be kept busy bettering the design to improve durability and performance lol. not sure on the chassis or some of the design aspects, but Traxxas likes to be different.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

I was like meh, when I first saw it advertised, now after seeing it in person at the hobby shop, I must have it, it's huge!

Last edited by birdy233; 10-31-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by birdy233 View Post
I was like meh, when I first saw it advertised, now after seeing it in person at the hobby shop, I must have it, it's huge!
You have seen it in person?? Says release mid December. Guess i need to make a 45min trip to my LHS to see if they have one.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
You have seen it in person?? Says release mid December. Guess i need to make a 45min trip to my LHS to see if they have one.
I'm in McKinney, where traxxas is HQ, one of the employees here works at traxxas during the week. He's bringing it to SEMA next week
Old 10-31-2015, 11:25 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 291 (100%+)

and you took no pics ... shame on you!

lol.

The big thing I am hung up on for me is the servo. I figure can easily swap the ESC if I want no prob, motor possibly too but I don't see that as a must, but the servo which appears to have plastic gears concerns me.

Price is a bit up there with no batteries included in my opinion. But Tower does help in that regard.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
and you took no pics ... shame on you!

lol.

The big thing I am hung up on for me is the servo. I figure can easily swap the ESC if I want no prob, motor possibly too but I don't see that as a must, but the servo which appears to have plastic gears concerns me.

Price is a bit up there with no batteries included in my opinion. But Tower does help in that regard.
I got some pics, just can't upload from my phone for some reason
Old 10-31-2015, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

just had a closer look at the pictures.... so everything is delron/plastic... even the motor mount.... this should be interesting.... Traxxas isn't known to be the most durable RC's on the market, atleast this one finally has what appears to be a decent drive train, but still wayyyy too much plastic.... but still the Premo price tag, go figure. will be interested to see how it actually stands upto real bashing and actual abuse, cant see it doing too well tbh, thinking a lot of stripped spurs and broken motor mounts to begin with, and those arms look quite small and flimsy for such a big unit. 3 piece plastic chassis.... can see that ending well. all in all, will be interested to see how well it actually holds up, and how long until it sinks or swims. good thing I suppose, Traxxas has good aftermarket support, mainly because it needs it. shouldn't be too long until a couple of these companies start producing parts to make this thing durable.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Traxxas RCs are plenty durable, they're just treated ridiculously by people who expect them to be made from Superman's bones.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
Traxxas RCs are plenty durable, they're just treated ridiculously by people who expect them to be made from Superman's bones.
I beg to differ... yes some people really push them, either because they are a first rc. or because theyre marketed as super tough... end of the day, for the price point, there are a lot more durable and better rc's on the market, that aren't all plastic and advertising... maybe if they spent less money on advertising, and spent that extra cash on adding quality items to their rc's, they may actually improve... youre looking at $1200+ for one of these in Australia... most likely more, yet you can spend that little bit extra and get a Baja, which is built like a tank....
Old 10-31-2015, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Some pics, I can tell you, this thing is stout
Attached Thumbnails Traxxas X-Maxx-image.jpeg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.