Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Mamba Monster X "MMX" and 1515 powered Summit! >

Mamba Monster X "MMX" and 1515 powered Summit!

Mamba Monster X "MMX" and 1515 powered Summit!

Old 10-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

I think you just voided your warranty.
If I am correct that sticker has to be on it so they can see it isn't opened before.

But it looks great!
Old 10-07-2015, 11:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ruudxd
I think you just voided your warranty.
If I am correct that sticker has to be on it so they can see it isn't opened before.

But it looks great!
You can take it apart without removing the sticker. It was falling off when I removed it from the box. So I just took it off as I could not get it to stay on.

Thanks man!
I love this truck!
Old 10-07-2015, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

nice basher !
what tires are those ? seems fun to bash
Old 10-07-2015, 09:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by werner sline
nice basher !
what tires are those ? seems fun to bash
Thanks man! It's my favorite truck for sure!

The Proline Moab XL tires. Sadly they no longer make them. The rims are Axial narrow beadlock and they no longer make them ether.

A set of these tires in like new condition mounted on these wheels is like $200 these days. I got mine for $125 tho from a buddy.

There killer tires tho!
Old 10-08-2015, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

Hmm, on the MMM1 you can not I believe, sorry!
Old 10-08-2015, 08:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Hmm, on the MMM1 you can not I believe, sorry!
I know nothing about the MM1.

But on the MMX the lower 3/4 of the case is all one part. This is where the sticker is. Its a tub the ESC sits in. It is also filled with some kind of resin and the ESC can NOT be removed from it. I tried.

I wanted to replace the wires they used with my own so I tried to take the ESc apart. You can remove the fan no problem. And its easy to remove the upper 1/4 of the case as it pops off with 4 clips. But that's as far as you can go. The rest is all sealed together.

You can see the part line in this pic where the upper case comes off the lower case. The sticker dose not cover this part line.

Also you have to remove the upper case half to install the sensored motor harness. So you have to take the ESC apart if you want to run a sensored motor with it.

So the warranty is fine.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Did you ever get around to checking out the torque limiting?
Old 10-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wilsonj1018
Not yet.
I have not had time to work on the Summit. Been working a lot, and have had stuff to do around the house. I plan to working on the Summit tomorrow, then take it for a test run. I got the battery for my GoPro today to. So I will try and get some vids to.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

I gotcha. I'm waiting on a pile of parts for my savage project.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

I think the resin is for the waterproofing?
Old 10-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Initiate

I gotcha. I'm waiting on a pile of parts for my savage project.
I have the torque limiting set up now. Started with 6.0 as you suggested. Batteries are charging now. Ill get to run it later today I hope.

I think the resin is for the waterproofing?
Yeah I think so. The entire circuit board id encapsulated in it. And it is also bonded to the ESC case lower.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Tech Initiate

So I got a test run in today with torque limiting set to 6.1.
Works great! I like this much better then punch control.

Its kind of like punch control, but it dose not end and allow the power to suddenly ramp up like punch control dose. And it feels much smoother to.

I backed it down to 5.8 after my first test run. I think 6.1 was a little to high. Had no problems getting the front end off the ground, but it would flip over backwards really easy.

I also changed the throttle mapping, made it a bit smoother at low speeds.

I changed my drag braking from 10% to 17%. That is WAY to much.
I decided I don't really like the drag brake that much so I backed it down to 1%.

I also changed the baking from 60% (WAY WAY to high by the way.) And just dropped it to 35%. I think this may still be to high. But I want to test it and go from there.

Question, is there a way to remove the delay when you go from braking, to revers?
Some times it makes me wait a second or more after I stop before it will let me back up?

I also made few small changes to the suspension today to improve its ability to handle the new power.
I added a little preload to the springs, (About an 1/8" in the rear, 1/16" in the front.) and moved the push rods to the outer holes on the control arms. I'm sure this will reduce its ability to crawl a little. But it was needed to make it better able to handle bumps at the speeds it can now reach. I was smacking the rear skid on the ground a lot under power. And it would kick the back end up, and even make it front flip at times if it hit real hard.

I also trimmed and lowered the body 2 holes. Not needed really, but it will make it handle a little better.
Last I resurfaced the slipper clutch with some 600 grit, and reinstalled it. I also set it a little tighter. It was slipping all the time under full throttle unless I rolled the throttle on real smooth.

I plan to test run it some more tomorrow and will report back.

Also in other news my running buddy loved how much power my truck as now. He was also vary impressed with how it behaved, and how much run time I was getting out of it.

So much so that he is ordering an MMX, 1515 system for his Summit!!!!!
He also ordered a set of SMC 9000mah 2S lipos. I have there older 9,400mah 2S lipos, and that's really the only pack I run in this truck and more.

I ordered a set of the 5,600mah 3S lipos my self. And no they will not be going in this truck. I see no point to putting them in this truck. It already has more power then I need.

They are going to power my Yeti XL.

More updates to come.

I will get some vids up as soon as I am done with the ESC adjustments.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:38 AM
Tech Adept

Yes you can disable to delay on braking to reverse in most castle escs. I can't remember what it's called but it's a check box option I'm glad you like the tq limiting.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Yes you can disable to delay on braking to reverse in most castle escs. I can't remember what it's called but it's a check box option I'm glad you like the tq limiting.
Yeah I love it!

I need to find that option for sure! Some times I need to back up right away, and it will not let you!
Old 10-11-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

I think it's called crawler reverse. It may not be on the mmx if you can't find it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.