Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some issues with the Lst

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Some issues with the Lst

I just purchase a Lst today and have some issues with it. First, for some reason the radio glitches a lot. My guess would be to change the frequency on the radio. Second, I'm probable not going to use the reverse servo, so can I take it out so there is less weight. Can someone answer my questions in a hurry because I want to get this monster back on the road. Thanks; Peter Lam
Old 11-05-2005, 04:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default i have lst

i love it to death,with the radio you have to make sure the freq numbers match in the radio and the radio control box on the truck...leave the reverse mode...totally worth it....truck is fast enough...you can upgrade the engine with the .30...goes alot faster...also if this is for back yard bashing carry around arms....if you go to lhs they make thicker platic ones now so you dont have to upgrade..the only other problem i had with the lst is the diff casing.....change to allum as soon as these ones wear out...i had to change both....
Old 11-05-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Rookie

For the arms, I was planning to change them to Rpm blue arms after. I have never heard of the company your talking about. Do they have a website where I can check out there line of hop ups.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

lhs = Local Hobby Store
Old 11-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default if you

are back yard bashing with it not really necesary for performance....but if your doing it for you then cool....as he said lhs =local hobby shop...they came out with a nice thick arm...alot harder to break even in the winter they are more brittle...i broke many arms just on jumps..but now not at all...the truck runs awsome on the snow if you water proof the electronics...im new at this to..but ive been running the lst the most in six months that i own it...i coukldnt decide if i wanted the mgt or lst so i bought both the same day...i also bought the ntc3 car...and a hpi buggy team lost xxxnt....it was a costly day...but hey you live once...buy rechargeable batteries for alllllllll..car and remote...it helps...make sure you break in the truck the right way...very important....you learn everyday....the other main thing i love about this truck is very very easy to fix....and for more fun paint your own body..i did it..its no michealangelo but it was fun as hell....the guys on this forum gave me the same advice when i first started...i thank all for that
Old 11-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ps

i get alot of good deals on ebay for extra parts
Old 11-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for all the good advice. today, before I went to work, I went to my lhs and picked up any receiver pack from orion. I'm charging it right now, so I can't run my monster truck tonite. sucks. With the receiver pack, how long should I charge it for, about 8 hours or so? Does that said right, it's a 1400 nimh pack and I have a Futaba charger, which does 50 mA.I know it's a stupid question for someone who has been into this hobby for over 5 years, but I want everyone to go right with this big investment. Also, what other hop ups has you done that has help strengthen or lighten your truck.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default hop ups

the only things i done is
diff cases.a must.
bigger plastic arms
defintely a roll bar
bigger tank
gear cover
maybe some titanum gears so they dont wear out as fast...
could upgrade electronics
water proof truck in case of puddles or rain