Search
Like Tree5Likes

Sweep Racing Tires SRC Monster Trucks thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

Here you go Sammy.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:41 AM
Tech Regular

Give us a review Ausprime, How are they? do they balloon much at all? From your video they seem to get ample traction. Been waiting for someone to give us the low down on these tires before I by a set.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:14 AM
Tech Regular

That truck is dialed in!
Old 08-26-2015, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mudbug85603
Give us a review Ausprime, How are they? do they balloon much at all? From your video they seem to get ample traction. Been waiting for someone to give us the low down on these tires before I by a set.
I like them a lot more then the Phaltlines.
They seem to have a little bit of an air pocket, between the tire and inner foam. But it still handled quite well. The rubber its self, is more on the soft side to medium. And they don't take long to get to optimum temp.
I'm glad i got them. Best road tires i'v tried so far.
Pro's: No ballooning, excellent traction and performance consistency.
Con's: Air pocket between the tire and foam. (I don't know if it effects the performance, but i just don't like that air pocket).
Old 08-27-2015, 05:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ausprime
They seem to have a little bit of an air pocket, between the tire and inner foam. But it still handled quite well. The rubber its self, is more on the soft side to medium. And they don't take long to get to optimum temp.
Con's: Air pocket between the tire and foam. (I don't know if it effects the performance, but i just don't like that air pocket).
Thanks Jon, Gonna have to order a set.... Been running the Badlands but, pushing 60MPH they seem to over balloon. Trying to reach 70+ and think that the Prolines won't handle it.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how would these look on a Savage XL? thinking of the offroad ones for lighter wait to get more speed out of my truck. just worried they will look too small.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Here you go Sammy.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
What frame/ chassis are you using? Post some pics without the body. Specs as well.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by COP4
What frame/ chassis are you using? Post some pics without the body. Specs as well.
Pretty sure that's his Magneto
http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=222867
Old 09-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mudbug85603
I use to be a member there for a very short term. Someone cried because they didn't like my overall attitude or possible solutions, which led me to being banned right off the start. I wasn't even warned....lol...just straight up banned. I even tried to apologize to the site owner, but I never received a response. I think it was ridiculous over something so petty.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Can one even buy those parts you used in that build? As in, the frame, center diff mount and bulkless front and rear bulkhead assemblies?
Old 09-04-2015, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Yes, they are all available, some are discontinued so some searching and patience is required.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

If you have the money, you can make the hordes give up there parts.
I spent about 3 months just looking for the tekno axle carriers.
Most of the parts are from Centralemaxx RC
This is Centralemaxx RC show room.
http://maxxparts.forumactif.org/
This is a link to build pics of my Magneto
https://photos.google.com/u/0/album/...78J-XPnfknVG-E
Old 09-05-2015, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

I'm not sure if FLM are making their hybrid bulks anymore, but I have always thought bang for buck they are as good as it gets for the maxx. Great way to get 1/8th diffs into your runner. I am seeing these go for well over $200 on ebay these days which makes me think maybe they are getting more scarce. The only other option you have in my mind though are UE Ultralites with GARC 7075 bulks. You know shimmed correctly that setup will serve you very well too but will cost a considerable amount more...

Magneto chassis is out of stock but I am hoping KMaxx & Wheelman do another run in the future. They have just finished a run of their Centre Diff Mounts which allow the use of a 1717 or 1512 size can etc which is a great feature. Did you use one of their Centre Diffs on your Magneto Jon?

I hate the fact I did not ever buy a set of the Tekno knuckles. No one who has ever run them has said a bad thing about them. But Centralemaxx did a run of 7075 knuckles that use 16mm bearings, and UE are close to finishing up a run of their widetrac knuckles which have long been elusive and incredibly expensive. The new run has been manufactured in China instead of the USA, but Robyn is very anal with his quality control so if they are sold, you can guarantee they are up to the task...

Of all the Magneto builds I have seen, Ausprime's is by far my favourite. Can't pinpoint why, I think it is just all of the little things, and the fact I am a massive fan of your custom powerstroke springs... How many total did you make in the end mate? I have 2 sets now haha
Old 09-05-2015, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DarkSammy
I'm not sure if FLM are making their hybrid bulks anymore, but I have always thought bang for buck they are as good as it gets for the maxx. Great way to get 1/8th diffs into your runner. I am seeing these go for well over $200 on ebay these days which makes me think maybe they are getting more scarce. The only other option you have in my mind though are UE Ultralites with GARC 7075 bulks. You know shimmed correctly that setup will serve you very well too but will cost a considerable amount more...

Magneto chassis is out of stock but I am hoping KMaxx & Wheelman do another run in the future. They have just finished a run of their Centre Diff Mounts which allow the use of a 1717 or 1512 size can etc which is a great feature. Did you use one of their Centre Diffs on your Magneto Jon?

I hate the fact I did not ever buy a set of the Tekno knuckles. No one who has ever run them has said a bad thing about them. But Centralemaxx did a run of 7075 knuckles that use 16mm bearings, and UE are close to finishing up a run of their widetrac knuckles which have long been elusive and incredibly expensive. The new run has been manufactured in China instead of the USA, but Robyn is very anal with his quality control so if they are sold, you can guarantee they are up to the task...

Of all the Magneto builds I have seen, Ausprime's is by far my favourite. Can't pinpoint why, I think it is just all of the little things, and the fact I am a massive fan of your custom powerstroke springs... How many total did you make in the end mate? I have 2 sets now haha
Yes I'm using the K-Maxx / Wheelman CD Mount with a spider 8 CD.
Thanks for all the compliments! I really appreciate it
There was 30 heavy duty spring sets (240 individual springs) that i got made for the powerstroke shocks. I still have a black set for sale too!
Old 09-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

I wonder if an UE Racer X chassis is even possible to build. So far, I haven't heard from UE since I emailed them. Very poor CS. I don't care how good ones parts or designs are, if there's no support, it diminishes the overall quality of what some remark as exceptional products.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.