Like Tree27Likes

Losi XXL2-E

Old 08-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EGG80X View Post
this popped up at my lhs, hope to pick it up this weekend!

How is it that your hobby shop has one for a photo shoot when the truck has yet to be released? My local hobby shop tells me the warehouse should have them ready to distribute on the 11th.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think I'm going to pre order one, is amain the best place to get it right now? Looks like a good deal with the $70 off coupon. Also does anyone know the dimensions of the battery tray?
Old 08-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What coupon?
Old 08-10-2015, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RepEvox View Post
What coupon?
They have a $70 off an order of 639 or more on the website.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Huh I just tried it and the $80 off coupon and it didn't work. Maybe you have to use it at the later stages of checkout, or when the products in stock total that amount?
Old 08-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Huh I just tried it and the $80 off coupon and it didn't work. Maybe you have to use it at the later stages of checkout, or when the products in stock total that amount?
You can only order and use coupons on in stock merchandise. A pre-order is only a reserve, and you will have to re-order merchandise when its back in stock. This is per the fine print at the bottom of checkout.

Products marked with Out of Stock don't exist in desired quantity in our stock.
You may back order those items if you wish and we will ship what we have in stock for immediate
delivery. You will not be charged for back ordered items at this time; when those items arrive
in stock, you will receive an email notification alerting you that the product is available
for purchase. At that time, you will need to place a new order to purchase those items.
Your back orders will be reserved for a limited time, after which they will be returned
to general stock for anyone to purchase.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jomaba4308 View Post
How is it that your hobby shop has one for a photo shoot when the truck has yet to be released? My local hobby shop tells me the warehouse should have them ready to distribute on the 11th.
Apparently it's available in Australia already (the OP is from Australia).

just stumbled across a YouTube video ("Losi XXL2 Electric RC Truck") that was posted on Aug. 4 by user Modelflight (sorry, not enough posts to link URLs). It also says its in stock on their website (modelflight.com.au)

Last edited by ark1t3kt; 08-10-2015 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ark1t3kt View Post
You can only order and use coupons on in stock merchandise. A pre-order is only a reserve, and you will have to re-order merchandise when its back in stock. This is per the fine print at the bottom of checkout.

Products marked with Out of Stock don't exist in desired quantity in our stock.
You may back order those items if you wish and we will ship what we have in stock for immediate
delivery. You will not be charged for back ordered items at this time; when those items arrive
in stock, you will receive an email notification alerting you that the product is available
for purchase. At that time, you will need to place a new order to purchase those items.
Your back orders will be reserved for a limited time, after which they will be returned
to general stock for anyone to purchase.
That doesn't explicitly say that coupons won't work during preorder checkout, but it makes sense that if you aren't paying upfront. I might pick one up though I might need to buy a shelf to store all these RC's now. Thanks for the coupon heads up by the way.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

No one know what size the battery tray is? I'd like to know how big of batteries this can fit.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 186 (100%+)

That doesn't explicitly say that coupons won't work during preorder checkout, but it makes sense that if you aren't paying upfront. I might pick one up though I might need to buy a shelf to store all these RC's now. Thanks for the coupon heads up by the way.
Try tower hobbies the usually give huge discounts if you join their super savers club and free shipping.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc_collector View Post
Try tower hobbies the usually give huge discounts if you join their super savers club and free shipping.
TH doesn't sell Horizon Hobby/Losi products. The best $ I have found is AMain w/the $70 coupon.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

I mentioned earlier that the arms look kind of thin. What do current XXL owners think about the arms? Do they develop slop or crack? Also, do you ever have problems with kicked up rocks hitting your rear shocks or do you swap the left and right arms? I'll continue searching the other LST threads, but google hasn't helped with the rear facing shocks.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 186 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mopar2Ya View Post
TH doesn't sell Horizon Hobby/Losi products. The best $ I have found is AMain w/the $70 coupon.
oopss..my bad thanks for the heads up

I mentioned earlier that the arms look kind of thin. What do current XXL owners think about the arms? Do they develop slop or crack? Also, do you ever have problems with kicked up rocks hitting your rear shocks or do you swap the left and right arms? I'll continue searching the other LST threads, but google hasn't helped with the rear facing shocks.
Rpm arms would be the answer, they are already made them for the LST.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_collector View Post
Rpm arms would be the answer, they are already made them for the LST.
I don't think RPM arms are needed in this case, the LST2/XXL arms are tough. I've never broken one and I've hit stuff at 25-30mph. The LST1/Aftershock arms are weak sauce. Anyone going RPM should also get the Lunsford camber link as I've heard the RPM one isn't that strong.

I have plastic shocks, but I can see wanting to protect anodized shocks by putting them in the rear of the arms. You can swap the arms just be aware the knuckles are specific to left and right. Also you might have to space the shocks away from the tower a tad bit more, I forget exactly as I've only read about this fairly common mod and not done it myself.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Btw guys look at amains site. It just changed to December 5th as when they will have them in stock.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service