Like Tree30Likes

Losi XXL2-E

Old 08-30-2017, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I understand totally and when I was sourcing the xxl stuff I could never get it all from one seller and I guess I got lucky with my spacing. All I remember was a old hpi package that all I could read was 1.5mm.

At least if I break there is an upgrade out there for me.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Overdriven

I'm a little confused by the wording in your previous post, what motor mount do you have? The XXL2e mount only works on the XXL2e chassis due to the different bolt pattern and positioning relative to the spur gear. .
Thank overdrive and rhino i have the xxle2 motor mount i tought it was the same as the blue losi one.so tought i could use it on a lst as well on a lst 2 chassis.

@rhino, thanks for the offer. I live in The Netherlands, are you from Europe also?
Old 08-30-2017, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

I forgot the stock losi XXL2e motor mount only accept 40mm diameter motors. So thinking about considering another mount. Will this work on a lst or lst 2e chassis.
Bekijk dit op eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/332321533380

Or this one Bekijk dit op eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/182714843286
Old 08-31-2017, 09:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

@Wesleroy - No I'm in southern California and shipping charges would probably outweigh any savings I could provide you with.

Looks like either motor mount you are considering would work.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

Oke thanks, is the stock lstxxl2e motor mount, accepts max. 40mm diameter motors or also 42mm? I found different answers on the internet.

I like this motor, wich i had run in a truggy but sold it. its. 42mm

Tenshock 1/8 X812L-2150KV Sensor Motor Truggy+Hobbywing XERUN XR8 150A PLUS ESC | eBay
Old 08-31-2017, 07:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Broke end off 2 slipper clutches now. What am I doing wrong.

So the first one broke
After a year of use. The second one broke as I was putting together the slipper clutch. I followed a utube video so I know I had all the correct parts lined up. I still had enough threads to use a different but. Then I went and set the gear mesh which I typically do through listening to it while moving the motor. But did paper trick this time and mesh was a mess so my hear what to hell. ans recommendRions on setting up slipper and gear mesh it would be greatly allrecaiated. Thanks

Last edited by Learo2000GT; 08-31-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wesleyroy
I forgot the stock losi XXL2e motor mount only accept 40mm diameter motors. So thinking about considering another mount. Will this work on a lst or lst 2e chassis.
Bekijk dit op eBay Losi LST Motor Mount M3/M4 1717 Version Electric Conversion TEAM LST2 Brushless | eBay

Or this one Bekijk dit op eBay Losi LST Motor Mount *Titanium* Electric Brushless LST2 & XXL 1717 LOS04004 | eBay
Those mounts are meant for LST, LST2, XXL and XXL2. The XXL2e chassis has a unique mounting bolt pattern and places the motor at a different distance (I forget how much) from the spur gear.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Thank you. I decided to not convert my lst aftershock to a xxl because i already have the XXL2e. So i have to choose a motor mount wich works for the aftershock. Read some good things about rc monster stuff. So going for that motormount and battery tray. As for single speed hub i went with a new losi hub from lst XXL2e. Complete deal from DollarHobbyz with spur hub slipper.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New to XXL2-E and Losi- Where are the Aftermarket Parts?

Hey all, just starting to research the XXL2-E as a basher for me and my 11 year old daughter. We have 2WD and 4WD slashes that are highly modified and need a lot of TLC to keep running. Ready to take the leap to larger scale and I have been researching all over the map finally settling on the XXL2-E (started with DBXL-E, then Axial Yeti XL and now XXL2-E).

Hot Racing, RPM and Pro Line don't even list the XXL2-E in their model list. Can't find anything on Integy either. GPM has a few items. Where are you guys getting your replacement, aftermarket and hop up parts from? Or does everyone just stick with Losi parts? Or do most of the gas powered XXL2 parts fit on the E model?

I'm going to keep reading and researching before pulling the trigger and buying one but it seems weird there is so little aftermarket support.

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-04-2017, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

any good video of this truck ?
Old 09-04-2017, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ejfiii
Where are you guys getting your replacement, aftermarket and hop up parts from? Or does everyone just stick with Losi parts?
Thanks for the help!
I found this site
https://www.rakonheli.com/catalogsea...sult/?q=xxl2-e but i dont really think it needs aluminium or carbon upgrades. However i like the carbon plates.

I have the T-bone bumpers, they are quite big and maybe not as nice as stock, however they protect the front and rear good.

Also i like the yellow losi springs, Raven rc springs seems even better springs, however that was a bit to expensive to ship to Europe. The yellow springs are a big improvement. At first i was continuing breaking shock shafts, till i changed to yellow losi springs, wich are stiffer. Now i dont have problems breaking shockshafts al the time.

THis is my LSTxxl2e, yellow losi springs, 17mm hex with Louise rc tyres, Tbone bumpers, Proline GMC Topkick body.
Bodys for the HPI Savage HP fit the Losi. Bodys for the Emaxx or HPI e-savage are to small.

vettehigh likes this.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ejfiii
Hey all, just starting to research the XXL2-E as a basher for me and my 11 year old daughter. We have 2WD and 4WD slashes that are highly modified and need a lot of TLC to keep running. Ready to take the leap to larger scale and I have been researching all over the map finally settling on the XXL2-E (started with DBXL-E, then Axial Yeti XL and now XXL2-E).

Hot Racing, RPM and Pro Line don't even list the XXL2-E in their model list. Can't find anything on Integy either. GPM has a few items. Where are you guys getting your replacement, aftermarket and hop up parts from? Or does everyone just stick with Losi parts? Or do most of the gas powered XXL2 parts fit on the E model?

I'm going to keep reading and researching before pulling the trigger and buying one but it seems weird there is so little aftermarket support.

Thanks for the help!
You won't need hop-up parts like you do for the Slash. The truck takes a beating in stock form and keeps coming back for more.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

That is a nice looking truck.
wesleyroy likes this.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello. I was wondering if someone could measure the long part of the chassis for me. I'm trying to order a Dusty Motors cover and want to get a good fit. Thank you.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Okay and I had some other questions I couldn't find in the thread lol

I have everything on the way and only went with two 3s 5000mah packs. I'm now thinking that is too small of packs? They seemed big to me, but I'm seeing others talk about 7000s and 9000s. Am I only going to get 15 minutes with these two packs?

Also I am intrigued with the X-Maxx. Have always liked to have a lot of ground clearance so I can fly through grass and fields. Without taking these stock shocks off and just adjusting them do you think I could make the Losi X-Maxxish with bigger tires? I don't want to destroy it's stability and ability to carve corners but I really would prefer more ground clearance.

Thanks for reading.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.