Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Chuckworks Stampede Slice Chassis Build >

Chuckworks Stampede Slice Chassis Build

Chuckworks Stampede Slice Chassis Build

Old 07-24-2015, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Anybody else tried this out? I'd love to see some other body options....mines fugly!
Old 07-27-2015, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

+1 on the Tower Pro servo...a bit noisy, but can't beat it for the price!
Old 04-30-2016, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Update....
Turns out this is awesome in the sand, so the paddles and Mohawks happened. Then I thought it would be fun to go fast, and in went the 2650kv and Mamba Monster. Wasn't feeling the shocks, lengthened them to 110mm. Atomic skids were a bad idea, swapped to STRC. Intejunk is holding up surprisingly well. 32p on the ProLine Tranny is stock Traxxas and bolts up with no problem...but you lose a slipper. Servo is still solid, hope I won't regret pulling the shocks...they were good, but too short. Also, pulled the "wide arms" and instead did the "wide mod", it handles better.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:47 PM
Tech Adept

This is definitely one of the nicest Stampedes I've ever seen. Nice build.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NitroSport85
This is definitely one of the nicest Stampedes I've ever seen. Nice build.
Thanks!!!

More updates: The breaks are starting to get worse as the speed goes up, but nothing major still. The TowerPro is dead, one run on beach sand and it just stopped turning left. Oh well, Savox is in now and sand isn't stopping it! Also, ditched the modded traxxas steering links(not broken, just not adjustable the way I set them up) and swapped it for STRC Wraith lower links, which fit like a glove with short rod ends. Finally ran it on 4s the other day, geared 18/54 and for the first time in my life I will say I have overpowered my car. Stupid, crazy, awesome fast. The Integy Rock Crawler shocks broke, one at a time, all four in a row. I'm now using stock traxxas shocks and they work better. Need to find some new shocks soon as I know I'll kill the stockers eventually. One of the camber links did snap, but in fairness I hit a pole at about 40, so can't get mad about that.

My buddies have been drag racing so now I'm building a wheelie bar, pics to come, but the prototype took a spin last night and I don't think anyone will be beating me to the line anymore!
Old 07-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for updating. Still debating doing this after all this time, but think my current P2de will stay the way it is for guests / kids, and build myself something like this for personal use.