R/C Tech Forums

Sponsored by:
Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks

Old 06-05-2015, 01:10 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00lguy View Post
That thing has to be brand new! Its soo clean. That doesnt look like the most recent generation of the mad force. Your switch is on top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco70 View Post
yes,

is an old photograph of my mad force kruiser kt 200 KE25, the mad force kruiser 2.0 is better.
other photos.

marco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:38 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Nitro engines can blow prematurely from a break in period that wasn't long enough, running lean, or just a manufacturing defect. It's hard to say what caused it without seeing the rest of the internals though. That being said, did you contact Kyosho about replacing it? I'm not at all sure about their warranty periods or anything but it's worth a shot if it can get you a free new engine.

If they won't replace it for whatever reason, you can find a replacement KE25 on Ebay for less than $100. It is a standard mount big block, so any big block will bolt onto the truck. Sadly, the gear ratios are unchangeable due to the 3 gear clutch bell set up. I would be careful of what engine I threw on there though if you do decide to go aftermarket. The stock tranny gears (The spurs that mesh to the clutch) are only plastic and there is no slipper clutch to absorb the shock of high torque engines. You might get away with a lower performance RTR .28 like the Associated MGT 4.6 Pro engine. An HPI F 4.6 or a Dynamite Big Red .28 might work well too but I wouldn't throw anything stronger than that on there. The Dynamite would be pushing it pretty hard I think.

I'd stay stock if you can. I haven't heard of the KE25 being problematic, mine runs great just rounding 5 quarts and I beat the hell out of it It's possible you just got that one out of 10,000 faulty engines. It happens, that's the crappy part about RC.