Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
My modified Mad Force >

My modified Mad Force

My modified Mad Force

Old 05-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default My modified Mad Force

Hi, guys. Just want to show you the modification on my Mad Force. It all started because I didn't liked the way it rolled over at almost any corner. So a widening project ended up in a complete transformation.
I started with a 3 mm aluminium sheet on which I "copied" all the holes from the original chassis. If I remember correctly I made it 12 cm longer (~5")

Front side

Rear side

Basically, I only moved further back the entire back section of the car. The only part I had to change was the rear center shaft

However, being so long, the new center shaft had a lot of flex. So I changed the design in order to further use of the original part.

With a Savage 25 body

Didn't liked, though, so I bought a Pontiac GTO body, fits much better

For widening I use 17 mm aluminium hex, 4.5 cm long.

So now is around 8-9 cm wider and 12 cm longer.

Last edited by Tzicul; 05-01-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Frankenstein's creation !

what 17mm extenders are those ?
Old 05-01-2015, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

My own design, made on lathe from 17 mm aluminium hex. I can send you a pdf, if you want
Old 05-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Very cool project. These home brew mods are my favorite and stretch chassis projects are always fun, I've done a few myself. Love your 2nd version of the rear shaft.

You know your new wheelbase should be pretty close to the wheelbase of 1/5 and 1/6 bodies from FG, MCD, Redcat, etc. Just an FYI in case you want to consider alternatives to 1/8 bodies.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
You know your new wheelbase should be pretty close to the wheelbase of 1/5 and 1/6 bodies from FG, MCD, Redcat, etc. Just an FYI in case you want to consider alternatives to 1/8 bodies.
Never thought that way! The GTO body looks nice, but is so thin!!! I actually wanted to make a mold in that shape and make a new body from a thicker PC. You can't find here too many options for bodies and shipping overseas from US is stupid expensive.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

There should be some European dealers for the FG, MCD, Redcat and other 1/6 bodies that would make shipping less painful. Double check your wheelbase though, I believe 18-19 inches is what the bodies I mentioned are.