Wheels

Old 02-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Wheels

Has anyone tried the Integy climbers? They are a clone of badlands a bit cheaper.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...FZMvgQod4z0A6Q
Old 02-15-2015, 06:47 AM
Tech Addict

i wouldnt buy them. only few dollars cheaper and i wouldnt trust integys rim. if they cant make aluminum last i dont think they could make plastic so not to bash integy they can make gearboxes but most of their stuff aint worth it
Old 02-15-2015, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc car freak View Post
i wouldnt buy them. only few dollars cheaper and i wouldnt trust integys rim. if they cant make aluminum last i dont think they could make plastic so not to bash integy they can make gearboxes but most of their stuff aint worth it
I agree. Badlands on tech-5 wheels are a dollar more a pair. I have used proline wheels and tires for years and they've been very durable and consistent. Integy, on the other hand, has very inconsistent products. The only parts I'll use them for are bellcranks and rear hubs on my savage.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:41 AM
Tech Initiate

I really want to find some rulux 1/2" offset wheels and stretch badlands on them but can't find any on eBay.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Suzuki_11 View Post
I really want to find some rulux 1/2" offset wheels and stretch badlands on them but can't find any on eBay.
The 3.2 badlands are hard to find also.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 2uzferunner03 View Post
The 3.2 badlands are hard to find also.
I know, I love the look of the rulux/badlands combo but I doubt I'll get it.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I bought a set of 4 of the integy badlands off ebay last week. Its not easy to find 3.2 tires and I just want them for looks on aluminum wheels for a shelf queen.

They come unglued...which is actually good because integy wheels are weak and break easily.

The tires feel like a hard compound. Not nearly as sticky as proline. Probably last a little longer but get worse traction. The foams are extremely soft. I will probably end up replacing them with molded foams. They do look good, and I am sure the tires are fine, even if the wheels and foam are garbage.

I paid 40 shipped for 2 pairs, so I am happy with them.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MaxxGabriel View Post
I bought a set of 4 of the integy badlands off ebay last week. Its not easy to find 3.2 tires and I just want them for looks on aluminum wheels for a shelf queen.

They come unglued...which is actually good because integy wheels are weak and break easily.

The tires feel like a hard compound. Not nearly as sticky as proline. Probably last a little longer but get worse traction. The foams are extremely soft. I will probably end up replacing them with molded foams. They do look good, and I am sure the tires are fine, even if the wheels and foam are garbage.

I paid 40 shipped for 2 pairs, so I am happy with them.
So would you say the real badlands are worth 2x the price since I would be bashing with them?
Old 02-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

So would you say the real badlands are worth 2x the price since I would be bashing with them?
I would get prolines for my emaxx over these if I intended on driving a lot with them.
If you are tight on money then be patient and keep an eye on forums and auctions and you can find a set for much less than retail.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:02 PM
Tech Initiate

I would get prolines for my emaxx over these if I intended on driving a lot with them.
If you are tight on money then be patient and keep an eye on forums and auctions and you can find a set for much less than retail.
Do you know if badlands fit on the f11 wheel?
Old 02-16-2015, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Why not stretch the 3.8 badlands over a 4.0 vtr. They have the same bead so they would mount pretty easily.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mydudrevo View Post
Why not stretch the 3.8 badlands over a 4.0 vtr. They have the same bead so they would mount pretty easily.
Would a 3.2 badland work on a 3.5 Ofna dish wheel?

http://www.amazon.com/OFNA-Racing-Mo.../dp/B000BOKXDE

Last edited by Suzuki_11; 02-21-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Would a 3.2 badland work on a 3.5 Ofna dish wheel?

http://www.amazon.com/OFNA-Racing-Mo.../dp/B000BOKXDE
It should. Those ofna wheels are supposed to work with any Maxx or Proline monster truck tires.

The wheels are an odd size at 3.5, but you should be able to stretch them over it.

I wonder if its a 3.5in wheel so it can fit 3.8 or 3.2 tires?
Old 02-21-2015, 07:23 PM
Tech Initiate

It should. Those ofna wheels are supposed to work with any Maxx or Proline monster truck tires.

The wheels are an odd size at 3.5, but you should be able to stretch them over it.

I wonder if its a 3.5in wheel so it can fit 3.8 or 3.2 tires?
If I buy some the old 3.2 badlands my friend has im putting them on those wheels. I know a lot of people put the 3.2 badlands on the 3.7 rulux wheels a while back. It would be nice if they fit both because if I got the badlands and wore them down I could buy some 3.8s to put on the same wheels.