Wiki Posts
Search

Revo build...what am I missing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Revo build...what am I missing?

Hey guys, I've been slowly putting together a revo and I'm looking for advice on what I still need to do to get the handling perfect.

So far, I have the kershaw chassis, kershaw driveshafts(center) Robinson slipper and diffs center front and rear, rpm arms and carriers, pro rate springs, metal everything for the shock mounts, Tekno sway bar kit, and that's prolly it....

I'm trying to get it to handle better while still using the long travel rockers, so I went with a lighter weight oil for more droop and the sway bars to get rid of the real heavy leans and chattering, but it's still a little top heavy.

Any advice?

Thanks!!!!
Old 09-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Handle well and long travel rockers don't belong in the same sentence. The p2 rockers are the best all around rockers and the p3 will handle the best but suffer or rough terrain. The lt rockers are only meant for slow speed crawling though people use them for huge jumps as well.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

P2's definitely, unless your on more of a track surface then P3's might be better. What weight oil to you have in the diffs? 30k is stock and I like the rear stock but more like 45-50k up front. Never ran a center diff but I hear you need to go really thick on the oil, like 500k thick! My only other advise is to make sure you have the stiffer servo saver spring in there and make the whole mess as light as possible.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

In my 4wd slash I ran 125K center dif oil, stock is 100K. It really knocked the wheelies way back. I don't think Revos have wheelie problems, but it was nice to have the tighter acceleration of all 4 wheels spinning. But you don't want to go to far on center dif oil thickness, then you develop a push on the front tires in corners. I think I ran 15K in the front dif, with plain lithium grease in the rear dif. With the light sway bars. The thing would corner like an Indy car lol.