R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   Hpi e-savage brushless upgrade (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/825073-hpi-e-savage-brushless-upgrade.html)

memphis212 07-15-2014 11:25 AM

Hpi e-savage brushless upgrade

I recently purchased a e-savage from eBay. The hpi gt esc that came with it seems to be very very slow. I was wondering what recommend brushless system will work with this thing. I would like to use the dial battery boxes that it has as well for 2 2s lipos. I don't wanna spend a fortune on it if I can get away with it. Thank you in advance.

Danalle 07-19-2014 08:15 PM

Convert it to brushless, the Tacon 4074 motor is awesome for the price. Pair it with a 120 or 150 amp esc and have fun.

Jaceracer 07-19-2014 11:00 PM

if you change your mind about going to brushless, i had a e savage that i kept with the stock esc ran 2 venom 5000 mah lipos converted to deans of course a novak cutoff switch and kershaw battery trays and it hauled ass i mean a major speed change, you could also get a traxxas evx 2 esc with a built in lipo cut off as well. If you are hell bent on going brushless i believe trakstar has good conversions for it as well good luck.

Shawner85 07-20-2014 06:32 AM

I looked in to this a while ago and seem to recall the truck needing too many upgrades to handle brushless. Can't remember exactly so do some searching, all the info is out there.

Overdriven 07-20-2014 09:25 AM

The E-Savage is like the 3906 Emaxx, it's fine with brushed but does require some significant upgrades for brushless. I forget the specifics too but the driveshafts and other stuff come to mind. The E-Savage is different from the Savage and the Savage Flux and parts do not interchange like they do from Savage to Flux versions.

Jaceracer 07-20-2014 09:32 PM

Yeah the e-savage is built on the original e-zilla chassis they pretty much look the same with the shell off.

memphis212 07-23-2014 04:28 AM

Thanks all. I went ahead and bought a evx2 and titan a titian 12t motor from eBay. I already had one motor. Still would like to upgrade to lipo because all of the nimh I have are just about shot. Will check back once I get some lipo. Gonna have to ebay those too. I don't have a lhs. Any suggestions in the 20 ish dollar range?

Jaceracer 07-23-2014 06:19 AM

Your cheapest bet would be turnigy or zippy maybe from hobbyking but i would look into a spc or smc they seem to be alot stronger on the punch then most. I ran 2 venom 30c 5000mah in my e savage but the problem was i had the vertical towers which made it a bitch to clear the rear tires with the kershaw battery trays. I made it work and they were good batteries with really good warranty. I know they make non vertical batteries as well check out there website also.