Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
T-Maxx Exhaust Pipe >

T-Maxx Exhaust Pipe

T-Maxx Exhaust Pipe

Old 05-21-2014, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? T-Maxx Exhaust Pipe

I've had all my nitro RCs sitting for years and am finally trying to get back into it. I have this exhaust pipe that I bought and I remember clearly buying it because it was known to be one of the best pipes for a Maxx truck! For the life of me I cannot remember the name or company that manufactured this (I think they're discontinued).

Let me know if anyone can tell what it is - thanks!

Old 05-21-2014, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I've seen quite a few Tmaxx pipes but I've never seen that one, looks homemade or like a prototype. In fact, Sirio made a pipe that is the exact same size and shape as yours. Obviously without the welds and more of a production look though. If you want the best pipe availible for a TMaxx with a stock style header get the Sirio, it rocks on the .18-.26 small and mid blocks I've used it on.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Also of note, Sirio made a header to go along with the pipe for use on .18 and up engines with small block exhaust ports. But it won't fit Traxxas engines. All the Sirio stuff has been discontinued.

Oddly enough though, RB Concepts came out with a .23 drop in engine package for the Tmaxx not long after Sirio stopped making their .23 and other Tmaxx stuff. The RB Concepts package came with the engine, mount and complete exhaust that's a dead ringer for the old Sirio exhaust. Only difference is the RB exhaust is all black where the Sirio pipe was a grayish blue.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Overdriven, thanks for all the insight!

Yeah this was definitely a 'non-mainstream' pipe, and I recall being told to buy it when I saw one for sale because they are hard to come by! Maybe someone will recognize it, it's frustrating me that I can't remember the brand! :P
Old 05-21-2014, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

AH, figured it out - Fantom Works Pipe.. just the non-polished version!

http://www.amazon.com/FAN20021-FANTO...ges/B0006MZO6M
Old 05-21-2014, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for showing us the pipe, I love seeing the lesser known stuff.

It never ceases to amaze me how much aftermarket parts was available for the Maxx trucks. I hate saying "was available" though because so much of it has been discontinued.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Overdriven
Thanks for showing us the pipe, I love seeing the lesser known stuff.

It never ceases to amaze me how much aftermarket parts was available for the Maxx trucks. I hate saying "was available" though because so much of it has been discontinued.
Very true! I'm just getting my old Maxx up and running again this summer - excited to see 'er going
Old 05-22-2014, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Yep, Fantom. I remember first seeing those rough finish versions and thinking how uniquely cool they were.