Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
AE Nitro GT actually made by thunder T! >

AE Nitro GT actually made by thunder T!

AE Nitro GT actually made by thunder T!

Old 01-09-2003, 12:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Ya i know what prototyping is. That is what AE is saying but that is not what TT told me.

TT said they built the truck before and w/o AE ask for it After they finished, They want to sell the rights to a famous manufacture becasue it generate more profit for them that way. Lots of popular manufacture does that, just buy a built car from a not as popular company then put their logo on it, more profit for both parties. Thats when AE come in and bought the design. Its not out yet because AE want adjustments. Above are what i got from TT. I did not make it up. I have better things to do then that. So dont blame me, blame TT if its not true. I "was" sure since they show me proof but now AE is saying a different story so i dont know which side is lying and which side is telling the truth or neither side is telling the truth. CONFUSED.

As a fact, TT wanted to do up a truck for us
HAHA, I caught something. So AE decide to start the BFT project because TT wants to produce one for you guys? ISnt it suppose to be AE wants to built a monster truck then look for production facility( TT) ,not production facility (TT) ask manufacture to see if they are interested in a monster truck . Doesnt make any sense and doesnt sound right to me. The only possibility will be that TT already basically have the monster truck done and thats why they ask you (AE) for interest which is exactly what they told me.

^ I think i got you this time. ^

I certainly think AE should just built the car from scrath by themsleves instead of go through TT. I trust AE's quality but i dont trust TT's quality because i know them too well.

Again, Its just fun debating and i have nothing to do right now.

Last edited by Nakamura; 01-10-2003 at 01:07 AM.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:18 AM
Tech Master

He's lying, she's lying, they're lying, we're lying!!..........are you lying? Am I?

C'mon! Mr. Phalen actually works for AE's R&D dept. That's enough for me.

Besides, either way you look at it, it's STILL going to be built by TT. So I guess somebody will not be buying the AE BFT.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Tony. Does AE solve the radio problem yet? I heard its really bad and people are freaking out in office. Well, i ask you since you are the one in R&D.

Its just fun debating
+ some of the stuff he said doesnt make any sense

Seriously, he work for AE so he is either

he doesnt know the truth and just know what his boss tell him and his boss doesnt want this piece of info spread into public and damage their reputation

or

he knows the truth but he will basically have to cover the truth up because if they admit that TT built the car and they just buy the design, make some changes, and put their logo on it, their reputation is destoryed instantly. So they will never ever admit it even though TT show me proof.

or

TT is lying and AE is correct. But its hard to believe AE when TT show me proof in from of me. And i dont see why TT have to lie about it.

For those dont believe me, its ok. I understand, after all, i am jsut a regular forum poster. Its just fun debating. NOthing to do.

Last edited by Nakamura; 01-10-2003 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation Pics of TT MT-A

Pics from the swedish TT importer of new "MT-A"
Old 01-14-2003, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Nakamura
Hey Tony. Does AE solve the radio problem yet? I heard its really bad and people are freaking out in office. Well, i ask you since you are the one in R&D.

Its just fun debating
+ some of the stuff he said doesnt make any sense

Seriously, he work for AE so he is either

he doesnt know the truth and just know what his boss tell him and his boss doesnt want this piece of info spread into public and damage their reputation

or

he knows the truth but he will basically have to cover the truth up because if they admit that TT built the car and they just buy the design, make some changes, and put their logo on it, their reputation is destoryed instantly. So they will never ever admit it even though TT show me proof.

or

TT is lying and AE is correct. But its hard to believe AE when TT show me proof in from of me. And i dont see why TT have to lie about it.

For those dont believe me, its ok. I understand, after all, i am jsut a regular forum poster. Its just fun debating. NOthing to do.
Or, even better, you don't know what the heck YOU"RE saying. You're NOT a regular poster (only been posting since 1/5) and you don't know crap. . .

Tony Phelan is VERY well known in AE circles, he's been driving for them for a LONG time and works in the R&D Department, you know that huge bunch of people separate from the Testing Department. . .?

BTW - didn't you say, in another thread, that Cen made parts for TT and others. . .? You changed your mind?

Not really. I dont think TT need anyone to make anyting for them becaue they have their own production facilities in China. Even if CEN does make anything for TT, Its still next to nothing when you compare it to what CEN make for HPI and Kyosho.
And, is your connection your fictitious buddy who's a National Champion? Do you live in Southern California to talk to employees of AE, etc.?

and EVERYONE is lying but You. . .

Tony - I believe you and won't ever consider you a bad guy for not telling us the things that you can't tell us. . .you know me and you know that. Just be SURE to tell us the good stuff as soon as you CAN tell us!

Last edited by Boomer; 01-14-2003 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:30 AM
Tech Initiate

wait, I never said he lied, i said he probabelly cant tell us and i understand that. I just hope AE built the damn thing w/o going through TT since i know TT too damn well. Thats all.

TW - didn't you say, in another thread, that Cen made parts for TT and others. . .? You changed your mind?
Wrong, I didnt say anything about anyone make parts for TT. It wasnt me. I only said what you quoted, TT is making stuff for everyone like OFNA, AE, and some others so why do they need someone else make anything for them? Doesnt make sense

And, is your connection your fictitious buddy who's a National Champion? Do you live in Southern California to talk to employees of AE, etc.?
I dont live in sol cal but i do have "phone" and "computer" at home. I never said all my info are corrected. But it should be reliable. Hum........Like anyone will believe me anyways.

and EVERYONE is lying but You. . .
I never accuse of anyone lie other than you. because your story wasnt connected. Thats all.

I guess i will keep my mouth shut since no one believe me and create too much arguing already.

Last edited by Nakamura; 01-14-2003 at 02:01 AM.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Actually, your three choices were:
[list=1][*]He's either an idiot or completely ignorant for not seeing what's in front of his face while working at a small company. . .and his Boss is lying[*]He's lying to cover himself and his boss[*]TT's lying[/list=1]

I think more likely the fourth option - You're just full of yourself and won't admit that you just don't know.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Tech Initiate

All right. Thats it, i will confess. I am a 12 years old kid who live in MI where there are no such thing as lhs beceause its gattle here. And i am not old enough to drive. So Everyting have to get online. I am still going to junior high so my english is not perfect. Connection? what connection. I lied. All my info about TT, AE, CEN, HPI, Kyosho and any brand are from neighbors and local third rated message board with like 100 members and poor rc clubs with like 10 members. I got the info from them and my neighbors, then mix with my own imagenation. Hey thats what 12 years old do.

I accuse AE because i want the BFT bad and i know its going to be hard to get one. So i pull craps in order to lure away some future buyers so i can get my hand on one when it does released. Maybe lower the street price a bit too. Damn i am smart.

Does this sound like a true & better story? If not, let me know where i need to improve.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow....what happened here!!!!

I'm not saying ANYONE is lying....just some info misunderstood.

First off, thanks for watching my back, Boomer!!! But, in all fairness, if AE was in the wrong I would either

1) Scramble around the issue (not likely), or

2) Just not comment at all!

My conversation with Nakamura was just to get some facts straight, not to cause this war.

Yes, TT is 'manufacturing' the truck, but AE gave them all the info as to WHAT they WANTED in this truck. TT then makes the truck and sends us the prototype. We run it, break it, fix it, whatever, and then report back to them with actual Solidworks drawings - in major detail, dimensions and all - as to what needs to be fixed using OUR tooling drawings. So, really, we re-design their parts to work and fit as we want and need before the AE label gets put on it!!!! Is the truck made by us....no. Is it designed by us....not all of it, but some of it. It is more of a joint effort between two companies to make one vehicle.

So, anyway, I'm sure some of what Nakamura hears might have some truth to it, but maybe not all of it. What is spoken in our R&D room completely confidential, so there is no reason why anyone would lie. There is stuff I know about current & future projects that I could NEVER tell anyone....using just THAT as a reference point, I don't see why my boss - Mr. Cliff Lett - would lie to me about something as silly as this....see my point!

Anyway. This is getting a little old anyway. Let move on to a new topic about the truck, shall we....

Last edited by TPhalen; 01-14-2003 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Nakamura the last thing this world needs is someone spreading useless rumors that have no point.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:30 AM
Suspended

Seems to me that the important thing here is being overlooked. Someone has to build the damn thing for them and they have worked with TT in the past so lets see what comes of it.
So what if it's not entirely built "inhouse" by AE.
Jeez even the Maxx Series of stuff come to think of it is partly built or designed by someone else, Look how well they sell that stuff.
Just a readers 2 cents
Old 01-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Shoot, even in full scale cars they're not usually all made by the Manufacturer! (few exceptions, very few anymore)

Lotus = Ford
Ford gets parts from Mazda
Porche gets stuff from VW and Audi (yeah, parent co's)
yada yada yada
Old 01-27-2003, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

Boomer,FYI Lotus has GM parts on it.It uses GrandPrix steering wheel and switchs.No biggie just letting you know.
What to know more?
http://www.espritfactfile.com/
Nakamura= I know some top TT people also.They usually dont know the truth.Who do you know?
Tony-Please tell me the B4 is on schedule?
Old 01-27-2003, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

B4....Soon! hehheh, ok, I know, cop out. I would think the team drivers should have theirs in a week or two. After that, as long as all the parts are in and good to go, I would say the kits would hit the shelves by mid to late Feb.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:55 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Oh, come on, Tony. We all know that this is all meant to cover up the REAL project Associated is working on: packaging the new Monster TC! You know, that super-scale TC3 with the aluminum chassis and the jacked up suspension that no one but us industry-types are supposed to know about.

But wait, I heard that LOSI designed the Monster TC, and AE just bought it! What a joke! You guys suck! Screw you all, I'm buying a Tyco!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.