Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
AE Nitro GT actually made by thunder T! >

AE Nitro GT actually made by thunder T!

AE Nitro GT actually made by thunder T!

Old 01-06-2003, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Its not that i dont believe you, its just fun to debate.

When an engineer creates a product, he/she specifies a specific material that will be used for the part. He chooses that material because it will stand up to the calculated forces. If when made the part/material does not meet these design standards then the design company can sue the manufacture because a set of plans are contract, and if the material is not exactly as specified then they are in breach of the contract.

Have you driven a Ford lately??
Old 01-06-2003, 12:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Thats in normal case. Truse me, i know.

Its a lot more than just push a button during production. Therefor, less techinical personals will result in lower quality stuff even it still look the same and use the same material. For example, heat threated stuff can have varies heat range. Too hard breaks and too soft are no good. But there is no way of telling by looking. Manufacture will still take whatever thats produced for a lower price ( i.e. discounted price and thats if they actually checked) because it still works and threre is no way of telling from looking outside.

So, yes, design the same,yes, material the same, so there is nothing to sue about. The problem is the person making the stuff will make a big difference and a manufacture can not sue the production line for it. Its either use it or find someone else to do it ( and risk that it may come out worse), especially when TT is the ones that built the car so i do not see AE have any choice.
Old 01-06-2003, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow, Nakamura....sure seems like you know alot.

But let's get something straight. The GT is NOT made by TT. It was all done here. Some of the RTR GT is made by TT, but that's it. It was all designed and done here, well, the standard kits were, anyway.

The BFT was a project that we let TT do. WE gave them dimensions, WE gave them what WE wanted in a big truck...they didn't do that on their own. The BFT is what they came up with using OUR ideas. Did we like it....well, let's just say it is going through some revisions to make it more of a product WE want to sell. They did a good job, but it needs some refining.

I don't know who told you that TT built the truck and AE just bought it. They're wrong. They couldn't be farther from the truth. If that were the case, that beast would be out by now. But it's not. We won't just buy something and release it. Not out style. We NEED to release something bigger....better...and faster than anything else out there. Not just a knock off. It is bigger. It is better. And we're working on the faster. It's close, but it's not quite were we would like it.

So, please be a little more descreet with your information if you are not 100% sure it's correct.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:36 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the clafication Tony (you cant get more direct than that, in case you dont know he is a well known employee of Associated).

As for the issue of a designer sueing a manufacturer over production parts. If the manufacturer heats the plastic too much and makes it to brittle then it is outside of the designer's specifications and therefore in violation of the contract.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

Right, design specs will call for a Rockwell Hardness or similar rating and anything NOT meeting that may as well be 3 inches too long, either way, it won't meet the requirements. Usually a range of variation is given to allow for fluctuations in production. If a company can't manage to stay within these tolerances, they probably won't manage to stay in business, either.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Funny, because thats not what the other employees ( from both AE and TT) told me. And its weird because what i heard from both of them actually matches. From what i herad, TT come up with the car then AE revise it to what AE wants. Anyways, i can be wrong since all the employees saying two different thing. PEACE

Last edited by Nakamura; 01-07-2003 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:02 PM
Tech Initiate

WAIT.. if AE just tell TT what AE wants and leave everything else to them. TT is still the one that "design" the car just using AE's ideas. So over all AE does not physically deisgn the car in research, TT did. And i am sure AE's idea doesnt cover details and only cover broad things such as dimension, features, and stuff. It doesnt cover what to go where, right? I wouldnt call it "designing" if all AE does is simply tell TT that we want a .21 + 2 speed and this long and this wide

Besides, what i heard from AE and TT ( supervisor level) matches but doesnt match with what you just said. You might want to check with your boss.

Last edited by Nakamura; 01-07-2003 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-07-2003, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Who cares.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Oh, ok Naka. Well, since my boss is the head of the R&D department (and there are only 4 of us IN R&D), I guess he would be the one to leak all that info. Hmmm, I'll have to have a chat with Mr. Lett....

Everyone else in the company knows NOTHING about what happens in R&D, except what WE tell them. This sounds like a case of:

R&D: the truck is red
Next person: the truck is red with stripes
Next person: the truck is white with red stripes
All the way down to: It's a green buggy with pink springs....

Ok, sorry spongebob. heh heh. I just love the drama....
Old 01-07-2003, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

I meant who cares how the truck was developed. I'm sure it will be a great truck.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:34 PM
Tech Regular

Technically you are correct that TT is "designing" the BFT. But to say that Tony is not a good sourse is crazy because he IS the source.

Spongebob: No one really cares, we all know its going to be a great truck, its just fun to debate.
Old 01-08-2003, 01:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Ya its just fun debating.

I never said tony is not a good sources. Well, its either he doesnt know or he will have to basically protect AE's reputation. Either way, i dont think pass on ideas ( such as dimension) then leave basically everything to Tunder Tiger called "design" and "R&D". Unless your idea of R&D is just like "ok now we want to make a big, fast, truck" , the end. See what i am saying?

ANd what you said doesnt make any sense. So the sales dept, CEO of AE, marketing dept, purchasing dept...ec dont even know what R&D is doing? And i am sure stuff does go out of R&D. Otherwise, how can i know and TT knows( well they know becaue they came up with the car? And both of my sources telling me the same thing. You know, what i got from TT is completely different story compare to what you are saying.

I dont really care who built the truck too. I am sure it will be awsome and I am interested in one, too. But its just fun debating

Last edited by Nakamura; 01-08-2003 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying....

Sales doesn't know what we are working on until WE tell them. CEO only knows because we have to get some input on the product, but do you think HE'S gonna say anything....NOT! Marketing, again, no idea until we tell them. And purchasing, no need to tell them until the car is ALMOST in the production stages.... So, ya, that's what I'm saying.

One of the first things I was told was that everyone in the R&D department knows what going on....others in the company, DON'T! And, I better get used to being a bad guy because I CAN'T tell them alot of things R&D is working on!!!! There are some people that I've know there for years and I can't say anything. The more people that know, the more rumors that fly. The more information that leaks out. hahahaha, as a perfect example, the latest issue of Xtreme has US, Team Associated, working on a 1/8 Scale buggy. ??????? Well, when they get some more news, tell them to let us in on the buggy we are supposed to be making!

I know it's fun to 'know' something that someone else doesn't, but you'd REALLY be surprised how much stuff is untrue. I've only been in the R&D now for about, oh, 2 1/2 months and I've heard more rumors than I have in the 13 years I've been racing. And, since I know the truth, I tend to listen more now.....

Nakamura, I'm sure you've heard stuff in the past that has been true, but not all of it is. I'm sure you're well aware of it.

As a fact, TT wanted to do up a truck for us. We gave them dimensions....how big this has to be, how fast we want it, what it is to look like, etc. Did we send them CAD drawings and such???? No. Did we send them 'parts' that we wanted to use???? No. What we DID send them is drawings of what we would like to see, and let them run with it. Are we happy???? No comment, but we are re-designing ALOT of the truck to make it closer to what we 'expected'. So, in a nutshell, they DID do alot of the design (with OUR input), and now are re-designing using OUR specs. And, WE are testing EVERYTHING that is put on the truck, whether it is ours or theirs.

As I said before, we don't want to just put our name on something and release it. It would have been out by now if that were the case!!!!! We've built up a reputation for a quality product, and that's what we will release.

As far as the 'just fun debating', I know as well as everyone else here does that this type of thing gets confrontational REALLY quick. I'm glad to see that we can state our views (or reasons) without name calling, etc. That's what makes RCTech SO much better than 'other' BBS's.

Anywho, you won't be disappointed with the truck (crossing fingers!!!! ). It is a pretty amazing thing....
Old 01-09-2003, 01:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Well.... I see. So after all, TT mess up and AE basically have to re-deisgn over? Why not just make one at first place instead of hand it to them and end up re-design it to AE spec at the end anyways? Either way, when will the truck be releasing? Is the final version even done yet?

I guess Thunder Tiger lie to me then. They told me they design and built the truck by themselves and then sell the rights to AE because it generate more sales/profits that way since AE name is more famous. And its not out yet because AE wants some adjustments. I got it from a very very very high ranking reputable TT supervisor( but i guess there is a chance he doesnt know everything in detail too). I was quite surprised too when i heard that because i doubt AE will scarfice their great reputation for someting like that. But all the stuff he showed me convince me. Seriously, I dont see why they want to lie about it for. Well, I guess by doing so they can always increase their reputation. This is the best reason i can came up with if they did lied to me.

Its just fun debating + i have nothing to do

NO flame intended

BTW, why only 35-40mph top speed?

Last edited by Nakamura; 01-09-2003 at 01:24 AM.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

It's called prototyping. AE said we want a truck like This, TT built their idea of it, now AE is REFINING to get a finished product.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.