AE Nitro GT actually made by thunder T!

Old 10-06-2002, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any news on the BFT?
Old 10-31-2002, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The BFT is just as it says....it's a Big F*#($#^ Truck!!!!! Got to do some testing on it today. It's fast, it handles GREAT, and it looks really cool powersliding with it's big ol' treads! It's gonna be a sweet truck to run!!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I doubt that AE would stoop to that level and just stamp their name on a product.

As a side note, CEN has made parts for TT and a bunch of other companies for years, only recently did they figure that since they already had all the molds (from the TT and other kits) they should build thier own cars.
Old 11-28-2002, 08:19 AM
Tech Rookie

ANybody know when the monster gt will come out? I heard it is delayed until the middle of next year
Old 12-18-2002, 11:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Maxxus
ANybody know when the monster gt will come out? I heard it is delayed until the middle of next year
I was wondering if anyone has heard anything more about the release of this truck as well. I've waited to buy a large nitro monster long enough and this is the final model that I'm waiting to hear reviews on.
Old 12-18-2002, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

The official word from AE is "spring 2003"
Old 12-19-2002, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Yeah i'm hearing around march from my contacts in the industry
Old 12-19-2002, 05:05 PM
Tech Initiate

My crystal ball tells me that the dates between February and April are rock solid official.
Old 12-22-2002, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Spring. That's the time frame. Hehheheh, for right now, anyway!!!
Old 01-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Initiate

AE MGT (or BFT) or whatever you call it is "design and built" by thunder tiger in CHINA. TT design and built the car then try to sell it to other manufactures. AE just buy the car off TT and put their logo on it. Its true. If AE doesnt buy it off TT, someone else will.

TT also made the RC10GT and lots of AE stuff. In another words, AE use TT to cut down their costs becaues China labor is very damn cheap. TT's main production is all in China now, no longer in taiwan. They dont care about quality, they just want to cut cost. I am pretty sure MGT is going to be made in China since RC10GT is made in china by TT as well.

Believe it or not. I know so because i have inside connections in some manufactures. TT and AE are just happen to be two of them.

Last edited by Nakamura; 01-05-2003 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 04:51 PM
Tech Initiate

As a side note, CEN has made parts for TT and a bunch of other companies for years, only recently did they figure that since they already had all the molds (from the TT and other kits) they should build thier own cars.
Not really. I dont think TT need anyone to make anyting for them becaue they have their own production facilities in China. Even if CEN does make anything for TT, Its still next to nothing when you compare it to what CEN make for HPI and Kyosho.

Oh by the way, i just heard from my connection that AE just place a 5 million dollar order to TT for the MGT. Expect the car available for "everyone" around march and april.

Last edited by Nakamura; 01-05-2003 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Lets differentiate between "make" and "design."

Make: own the molding tools and build a solid peice.

Design: Engineers spending weeks, months, even years drawing building and testing prototypes until a finished product is completed.

As for associated quality: Myself and many others around the world can attest that all associated products are made pritty darn well. As for TT parts, again top notch (1/8 buggies dont perform very well with cheap parts). Even if TT makes parts in china for associated i highly doubt they are lower quality than anything that is made here in the US of A.

I have heard rumors that the BFT was just bought by Associated, but i will have to be shown strong evidence before i believe that.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:06 PM
Tech Initiate

I know difference between make and design.

RC10GT is design by AE and make/produce by TT.

MGT/BFT is design and make /produce by TT then AE buy the car off TT and put their logo on it. Thas why you see same car at AE and TT's booth.

And i dont mean AE quality is bad. I meant material wise will have lower quality compare to what they use to have. Because its actually a TT car not AE car. We all know who good AE design is, but MGT is not design by AE. We also all know that Stuff made is China will have lower quality then stuff made in say USA, Taiwan or Japan. Thats why AE's boss never ever use anything made in China until now, and they switch because AE have a new owner. understand?

Its true, believe it or not. I can not tell you where and who i got the info from becaues my inside connection might get fired if i do.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Why is a part made in china inherently worse than one made here in the US??

The same plastics are used (because of design specs), only difference is they have a chinese guy push a button instead of an american, oh and they have to ship it farther.

Do you have a picture of the BFT in the TT booth? That would convince me.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:58 AM
Tech Initiate

i dont. And i didnt go to chicago show. Its dieing. HPI and lots of other company not even going to show up this year. Supafly
is the one that say he saw it, not me.

parts made in china have lower quality becasue the labor force there are less technical. Its not as easy as push a button. Its not that easy. Thats why real cars made in China will fall apart, while the ones made in USA wont. And materials you get in china will also have lower quality compare to ones you get else where.

Note, i said lower quality material wise, not design wise.

Again, dont believe me, fine. I dont care. ITs true.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.