TEAM LOSI LST official thread

Like Tree4Likes

TEAM LOSI LST official thread

Old 08-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)
Talking TEAM LOSI LST official thread

hello everyone,
i have been waiting for someone to start a lst thread,since no one has ill start it

i wouold like to see your guy's trucks also and what mods you have done to them.

first my name is steven,and i bought the lst when it first came out and have been fixing it up since.i bought it as a racer to replace the savage i was having trouble with and have never looked back,earlier this year i started colleecting parts for a race purpose built one(pics at the bottom)and am getting very close to finishing it.

well thats all for now talk to you guys later
steven
Attached Thumbnails TEAM LOSI LST official thread-p1020675.jpg   TEAM LOSI LST official thread-p1020677.jpg   TEAM LOSI LST official thread-p1020678.jpg  
Old 08-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

You race a truck with alluminum parts? that's what i understood...isn't that a bad thing? i don't know but i've read each alluminum part weights one ounce heavier than a plastic stock part.

nice LST though, how much invested??

later
Old 08-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by j03s4y
You race a truck with alluminum parts? that's what i understood...isn't that a bad thing? i don't know but i've read each alluminum part weights one ounce heavier than a plastic stock part.

nice LST though, how much invested??

later
no aluminum,about the only thing is the engine support braket is aluminum. the chassis plates are aluminum thats it.

my race lst is about the same as this one and has proven itself extremely durable,im not the best racer i still hit stuff and the only problem i had was the cheesy steel(swiss cheese)camber links kept bending.i just found lunsford has a link the same size dont know if its cross threaded yet or not but its 16.00 for two...

right now as it sits(i have the motor and pipe also) about 600.00 maybe a little more.
steven
Old 08-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

doesnt anyone else have a lst they are racing or building?

oh well ill keep it going myself for now,just got off the horizon site and saw the new wheels and hubs theyre coming out with for the lst,they are nice too bad i already got the pro-line ones.

on a side note they said the rims will fit standard 40 series tires already on the market,in the latest issue of monster trucks they show adam drakes lst and he has the king pins mounted on the losi rims ....hmm i wonder if losi will be maketing 40 series kingpins soon i hope so.

talk at you guys later
steven
Old 08-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am on my second lst messed up and sold my first one. I love that losi body,
man that thing is thick. have changed the springs and tires does real well
against the savages and revos around here. what engine are you running?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

right now im running a novarossi 28,its alright it seems smoother on the power than the mach but god does it spin for days. i have another mach ver 2 that im about to break in as my race motor.

yeah, the revos around here cant touch the lsts at our track,when there are not enough monsters to run we run em with the 1/8ths and we can hold our own.

im in the process of selling my first one,hate to do it but i cant race two at a time .
great talking to you
steven
Old 08-12-2005, 01:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stevenmichael
doesnt anyone else have a lst they are racing or building?
I have a Race built LST, I'll post pics and buildup list soon. Swamped right now, got a lot to do before my next race.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1 Xtreme R/C
I have a Race built LST, I'll post pics and buildup list soon. Swamped right now, got a lot to do before my next race.
great,i cant wait to see it. have any of you seen the new os 30vg they are coming out with?

so far all my gas powered cars ive run os with the exception of my lst and my mugen onroad car but that is soon to change as im getting ready to order the new 12tz,im running tr and its fine but im getting smoked by the novarossi's and tops.

oh well back to the topic, icant wait to see the specs and numbers on this beast
steven
Old 08-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

How much do these run you in RTR form? What upgrades are a must out of the box?

Sean
Old 08-13-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

RC Car action did a good write up on a race built LST - http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articl...ct_losislt.asp

When you can find one, they usually go for $550 - $600.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Duratrax
How much do these run you in RTR form? What upgrades are a must out of the box?

Sean
quite honestly,get the alum.diff covers and racing tires(what ever works at the track youre racing at)we use 40 series bowties.

i raced my lst the same as above for 2 months after it came out,the only problems i had were the axles kept breaking when they came out with the new ones that stopped.

but now,i would add the foc to that list,you must remove a pound of gears,levers,sliders when you install this kit.i was screwing around with it after installing it and it felt like a xxx-t tranny when it was done just freed it up and spun for days.you think they are snappy stock wait till you install one of these
steven
Old 08-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

If I could sell or trade my Savage, I am getting a LST. Very nice looking trucks.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jonski
If I could sell or trade my Savage, I am getting a LST. Very nice looking trucks.
yeah i had a savage that was my primary race truck,but i could never keep it together it got so bad that i sold it just so i didnt have to work on it anymore
steven
Old 08-13-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Clutch shoe and spring setup

With the stock Mach .26, what clutch shoe and spring setup do you all have. By the way I have purchased the XTM slider clutch but haven't put it on yet.
Let me know what 3 shoe setup you use.
JWRockman
Old 08-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

It has nothing to do with reliablity. I have this thing for wanting to try different things. I have got the Savage hopped up to the point if I buy more stuff, it a true waste of money. I would just rather sell it and try something new. The only other MT out there that I would get rid of the Savage for it a LST.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.