Old 09-27-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by S7 Europa
Which Sidewinder blend were you using?
world's blend
Old 09-28-2005, 02:07 AM
Tech Adept

World Blend has 11% oil content which is already low .. Haven't had any problems running Sidewinder yet.

And other than RPM arms and aluminum diff cases, does the LST need anything else?
Old 09-28-2005, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Fuel

Ok this takes the cake. I ordered Trinity Monster Horsepower Power Blend because the Trinity Site says this stuff is 12%. Not so... The bottle says 18%. WTF! Think it would do me any good to complain... naw.

http://www.teamtrinity.com/fuel/fuel.html

Oh well, I guess I'll get it broke in on the higher O content and move to the race fuel.

dirt
Old 09-28-2005, 05:59 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

With the RPM arms you are also going to want the lunsford turnbuckle links to replace the stock ones as from what I have been reading these bend pretty easily. I am not sure the sizes you need as its not a kit. Anyone know the sizes?
Old 09-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
With the RPM arms you are also going to want the lunsford turnbuckle links to replace the stock ones as from what I have been reading these bend pretty easily. I am not sure the sizes you need as its not a kit. Anyone know the sizes?

i call the links swiss cheese

the lunsford number i used is 1535

i know the rear upper links for the kyosho 777 will work also but they are bit harder to come by
Old 09-28-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by S7 Europa
World Blend has 11% oil content which is already low .. Haven't had any problems running Sidewinder yet.

And other than RPM arms and aluminum diff cases, does the LST need anything else?
yes a better quality motor
Old 09-28-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dirtdemon
Ok this takes the cake. I ordered Trinity Monster Horsepower Power Blend because the Trinity Site says this stuff is 12%. Not so... The bottle says 18%. WTF! Think it would do me any good to complain... naw.

http://www.teamtrinity.com/fuel/fuel.html

Oh well, I guess I'll get it broke in on the higher O content and move to the race fuel.

dirt
good luck getting through to trinity ive been down that road before
Old 09-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Tech Legend

I am liking my Mach .26 but its a knock on wood affair so far, as there are those who like it and those who don't, and the failure issues are too numerous to be only a few motors with the issue.

So what seems to be the popular motor to upgrade to that is reasonably priced?

For a different body, how does the losi LST Racer compare to the Proline Crowd Pleaser 2.0 and do you need longer body mounts with the crowd pleaser?
Old 09-28-2005, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

I am liking my Mach .26 but its a knock on wood affair so far, as there are those who like it and those who don't, and the failure issues are too numerous to be only a few motors with the issue.

So what seems to be the popular motor to upgrade to that is reasonably priced?

For a different body, how does the losi LST Racer compare to the Proline Crowd Pleaser 2.0 and do you need longer body mounts with the crowd pleaser?
ive toasted three machs now since ive owned this truck,the first had almost three gal. on it,the second had 10 tanks,the third had 3/4 of a gallon this is all including break-in.

now on the upside the only hassle i ever got was dealing with horizon when i called losi they bent over backwards to help me,horizon said it was the fuel i was using and improper breakin all with out ever seeing the motor to determine what caused it.

this is why i do not like the motor,personally i have a NR28 that is in my current lst it is a three port,you can get directly from mugen for 179.99.

the next motor i get is going to be the new picco 27,ive seen one in a buggy and a savage and a mgt actually the mgt had the 26 which is damn near identical to the 27.

as for body i dont believe you have to buy the longer mounts i just drilled a new set of holes in my fronts and i did have to cut off half the mount pad to allow the CP 2.0 to fit,it is my understanding that the losi racer body drops on with no hassle.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Legend

Thanks for the info. The Mach .26 I have now came as a replacement for the one that blew that the guy I bought the truck off of had. he fired up this one and I have ran it through breakin and some runs no problems. I should run it more as winter is coming and I want to find a problem now while the weather is till good to run it. probably get at least a gallon through it.

Thanks for info on the bodies, I am probably going to go with the Losi LST racer body then.

How are the axles on the LST holding up nowadays with the 23mm hubs? I heard of issues when running the bowtie 40 tires, I am looking at running the pythons next year if I go 23mm.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info. The Mach .26 I have now came as a replacement for the one that blew that the guy I bought the truck off of had. he fired up this one and I have ran it through breakin and some runs no problems. I should run it more as winter is coming and I want to find a problem now while the weather is till good to run it. probably get at least a gallon through it.

Thanks for info on the bodies, I am probably going to go with the Losi LST racer body then.

How are the axles on the LST holding up nowadays with the 23mm hubs? I heard of issues when running the bowtie 40 tires, I am looking at running the pythons next year if I go 23mm.
the problem with the new ver.2 motors is they had to make a trade off to fik the rod problems they were having,their solution?...make the one way assembly out of a softer metal,the problem?...it cannot handle the rpms ill taka pic of the one way and show you it looks like it disintegrated in side the motor.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Legend

wow that sucks. I will definitely have to keep an eye on the motor, if it goes poof and is under warranty (how long is the warranty on the motors? ) I will send it in and sell the replacement, get something better.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Just wondering if any of you guys had a link or information on a single servo setup for the LST that has been sucessfull?I have a LST but do not like the Idea of the two servos and have a Hitec 5998 to take over the duties,but it seems like the available servo savers arent strong enough.Any info would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-28-2005, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default single servo setup

Nitro,

Have I got the sweet setup for U....

http://www.projectlst.com/steering.htm

ProjectLST
Old 09-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Folks SteveO its not feeling good LST is making him sick...He needs another SHOT!!! @ Team Savage see ya in the main Oh for the LST owners the MAIN is the race that counts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.